What's your pokemon team?

That's sig-worthy if you ask me.

Yes, yes it is. I won't be quoting it for my sig, though. Wasn't my idea, so no point in doing it, after all.

My Dnite used to get beamed from Starmie all the time so I just said screw it, slaped a focus sash on and took out fire punch for thunderpunch.
I dont recomend anyone else try it, but Starmie used to really ruin me, so I took care of it. (Also note I had no need for fire moves on that team so long ago with Moltres, Specsmence, and Weezing.)

Funny as the Dragonite thread on Smogon is quite interesting. It talks a bit about Dragonites bulk, and how you should use Dragonite over Salamence because of it. Or at least use it to not fill the same role as Salamence. With that being said, if Ice Beam is your problem, might I suggest a Light Screen set?

Smogon said:
Set: Bulky LS DD Dragonite
Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 248 HP/64 Atk/196 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Light Screen
- Roost

Details for this set are found in the analysis.

This is not outclassed by Salamence. Why?
Salamence doesn't get Light Screen, or base 100 Special Defense.
That's all I have for Dragon Dance... try some of his other sets:

Support:
Dragonite has so many support options... so why hasn't anyone tried them? Heal Bell, Thunder Wave, and Light Screen are all completely absent in the usage statistics!!!

Set: Heal Bell / Para Shuffle
Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP/52 Spd/208 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell / Light Screen
- Roost

In a time where status seems to be everywhere, no one considers a heal beller? Is Rotom burning everything in sight? Has your whole team been crippled by paralysis? Are your walls aching from Toxic? Dragonite to the rescue! He can even do some special walling of his own with the great special defense investment. I pumped the speed up on these to 209 to outspeed no speed Rotom, since you can buy an Electric resist when roosting. You can also throw Light Screen in there for more support.

This is not outclassed by Salamence. Why?
Salamence doesn't get Light Screen, or base 100 Special Defense. Salamence also lacks Heal Bell and Thunder Wave. Hell, how many other pokemon learn Thunder-Wave

Set: Toxic Staller
Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP/52 Spd/208 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Light Screen
- Roost

Need something to outstall the Vaporeon / Swampert's switching in to you. Toxic them and laugh as they cry and their Ice Beams fail to knock off 20% of your HP.

This line is getting tired: This is not outclassed by Salamence. Why?
Reasons that should be obvious by now.

Looks like a winrar to me.

Those look increadably interesting, Wuddle. Thanks, I will try some of those out when I'm able to EV train again. Thanks very much.
@Shadow-CK's your man for uber tier pokes but...
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/giratina/
Look here

@Bowz-Togekiss has the nickname "Togekill" for a reason: He is no "fun" poke.
Just a single set for all 3.

Lickylicky @ ChoiceBand/Leftovers
Impish nature
212 HP/184 ATK/80 DEF/32 SPE
PowerWhip
Explosion
KnockOff
EQ
(STAB EXPLOSION!)

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Modest nature (Serene Grace)
252 HP/152 S.ATK/104 SPE
Roost
NastyPlot
AirSlash
TriAttack/AuraSphere
(TriAttack is from PBR I think. Serene Grace ups Air Slash's chance for crit/flinch and Tri Attack's chance for status)

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
252 HP/228 DEF/30 ATK
KnockOff/Protect
PowerWhip
LeechSeed
Toxic
(One helluva physical staller with protect. Lefties+LeechSeed = HP while toxic = :))
Used

whats a good moveset for a Giratina? i want to know the best for him once i get Platinum.

It depends on whether you're using Origin or Alternate forme. If you want Alternate, you'll be using physical walls - that's about all he can do effectively in ubers. If you're using Origin, I don't really know anything about Giratina on an offensive perspective. I'm pretty sure he has no stat up moves, and with attack stats maxing at 372, he's not very powerful at all - even with choice items. I personally don't recommend using Origin forme at all, and if you use Giratina period, it should be Alternate forme walls.

But keep in mind, a Giratina used defensively is called "The Great Wall" for a reason.
Bastard can be INCREADABLY hard to take down with rest.

He's very easy to take down with special attackers though, Fox. Palkia rips him to shreds with STAB Spacial Rend, and all he can do is hit for average damage back/rest and then die in two turns. I'm not sure any physical attacker in the game can 2HKO him without setting up, though. i.e. SD Rayquaza hitting with Outrage is probably the only thing going to OHKO.

To be honest, I can't really rate teams for games other than 4th generation titles.
Yeah maybe "no" value was a little extreme but I couldnt think of one competative team it would defeat.
You ever getting Diamond/Pearl/Platinum?

Yes I do i'm starting to save money for it now.

Neither is generally better. Special has more options to choose from in terms of movesets to put together, but Physical attacks the uber pokemon's more often than not weaker defense stat.

If you don't want your Deoxys-A holding a choice band, you should use a special moveset. If you don't want a bander, I'll throw out some special sets for you.
Then wouldn't the best bet would to have a mix of Physical/Special attacks?

Like:
Earthquake,
Hyper Beam,
And some others.
And what's a "Bander" a Band Pokemon?

A bander, is a pokemon who is useing the item, choice band.
It locks your attacks (you can only use one move choice till it is recalled) but increses the damage delt by 1.5 for physical attacks only.

Also, more like
Ice beam, Thunder, Superpower, Psycho Boost, Pursuit......

Deoxys has no buisness hyperbeaming....maybe earthquake, but I wouldnt use it.

trained most from Lv.5 to Lv.10

Moltres Lv.80 raised from Lv.50
Hypno Lv.80 raised from Lv.13
fARFETCHED Lv.82 raised from
Gyardos Lv.84 raised from Lv.5
Blastoise Lv.84 raised from Lv.5
Mewtwo Lv.84 raised from Lv.70

Moltres Lv.80 raised from Lv.50
Hypno Lv.80 raised from Lv.13
fARFETCHED Lv.82 raised from
Gyardos Lv.84 raised from Lv.5
Blastoise Lv.84 raised from Lv.5
Mewtwo Lv.84 raised from Lv.70

Can't give an analysis if an uber is on the team - Mewtwo, in other words. Otherwise it's based on ubers, which would obviously rip this team to multiple shredded, repulsive bloody pokemon corpses strung across a 10 mile radius. [/exaggeration]

Then wouldn't the best bet would to have a mix of Physical/Special attacks?

Like:
Earthquake,
Hyper Beam,
And some others.
And what's a "Bander" a Band Pokemon?

Hyper beam is terrible, get the idea that it's useful out of your head, lol. Trust me. Ubers has very little use of EQ, mainly because the only thing being hit hard is Dialga, which often blasts whatever learns EQ and can use it effectively, to smitherines.

Deoxys-A has just enough Attack or Sp. atk when his EVs are maxed to 2HKO the most important threats, and OHKO anything else. Splitting EVs means he sacrifices speed and loses to other Deoxys/Modest Scarf Kyogre/anything faster scarfed. That, or he has to split his offensive EVs, then losing a huge amount of firepower, turning some OHKO'd into 2HKOs. He also needs all the moves he can get in one category to hurt everything sufficiently.

There's a single exception though - Superpower. It lowers Deoxys-A's defense when used, which isn't a problem since he's OHKO'd anyways, and his attack. It can however, 2HKO certain Blissey. Blissey is Deoxys-A's number one enemy in terms of a wall, so superpower is the only viable physical move on a special set. That's the only physical move a special Deoxys-A will ever use, though.

Back