What's your pokemon team?

Hey i was thinking i need a physical sweeper on my team so i was thinking instead of latios maybe Salamence, or Dragonite any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Merged the posts for ya, bro. :thumbsup:

Eh, I don't see why you'd need to change Latios. It's faster than the other two, and hits harder for most pokemon in the metagame (most pokemon that take his attacks neutral are physically inclined). If you want a Bulky Stat Up sweeper, you certainly could add Dragonite to replace Latios; but beware. In my opinion, in terms of going all-out and doubling as a clean up late-game sweeper, Latios trumps every other dragon in OU (of course, Hydreigon against Latios' usefulness is debatable) in this regard. If you do use Multiscale Dragonite for some DD sweeping, you'll want to keep him from getting involved until the time you're 100% going to stat up and sweep. Otherwise, multiscale fails him, and he'll be inferior to Latios in every way once this occurs. Latios can be thrown into the game whenever you want, but Dragonite can't. Limiting your options from turn one is always a bad thing, really.

But if you want to go the middle way, Salamence does have Intimidate, which means you can abuse his high attack power and ability to use him, so long as you do use him very carefully, from mid-to-late game until you want to DD up. Problem is, he's not specially bulky like Dragonite is (and we're not even counting Multiscale yet, lol), and intimidate is of course, cancelled by a switch. He'll get worn down fast, especially by 'rocks.

Speaking of rocks, if they're up, Multiscale does absolutely nothing, so Salamence becomes a better sweeper in regards to being more sweeper-oriented stat wise, and having a functioning ability beyond a now useless Multiscale. Even better, if you give it Moxie instead of Outrage (outrage in Gen 4 tutor only, so it's illegal), Salamence is a much scarier threat power-wise instead of Dragonite's ability to get up 2 or maybe even more Dragon Dances practically guaranteed if you keep it at full health, so long as Ice isn't a threat left for him to combat. In short, Dragonite's reliable bulk versus Salamence's easily bolstered-to-frightening-levels Attack.

Either way, for both pokes, eliminate threats and priority users, and power through teams with absolute ease. And again, beware of Rocks. Since this team doesn't have a spinner, that's a serious problem for either of these DD sweepers. (Bronzong is easily replaced by Foretress, but then you're losing screens... it's a trade off just to support a new team member I don't feel is necesarry. So... yeah). Since you don't have a stat-up sweeper, it could be worth it. Balanced teams typically do make use of at least one. It's debatable whether it'd be a good idea or not, though... Even I'm not sure.

Ight bros check this shit out

SUNNY DAY TEAM

So I don't really use Dream World because the WiFi at my house works in a way which doesn't allow my DS to access online play, so this team is for local battles in my circle of real life friends.

We take Pokemon battles pretty seriously.

Anyway, one of those friends gave me a Timid Drought Vulpix as a gift, so I decided to make a Sunny Day team with it, and it's been working pretty well so far! Check it out/evaluate if you will:

-At a Glance-
038.gif
059.gif
227.gif
233.gif
275.gif
637.gif

Yeah, I know this is pretty standard fare, but... hey. It sure is fun. :) Now let's take a deeper look:

Ninetales: Weather Lead
038.gif

Timid/Drought/Life Orb
252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Flamethrower
SolarBeam
Nasty Plot
Psyshock

This is a pretty... typical Ninetales, I guess. A lot of people stress Energy Ball over SolarBeam, but that hasn't been a huge problem for me. I'm also a stickler for accuracy, so I chose Flamethower over Fire Blast. Psyshock is there to hit Special Walls, while Nasty Plot is there if I get the chance to use it. To be honest, I only really use this Ninetales to get the sun going-- beyond that, its utility has proven to be rather limited.

Arcanine: Physical Sweeper
059.gif

Adamant/Intimidate/Air Balloon
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Flare Blitz
Wild Charge
Close Combat
Morning Sun

Fun stuff, right? Also fairly standard fare. I chose Wild Charge over Extremespeed because of the added coverage against Water types. Given the fact that he'll be most active in the sun, though, I might put Extremespeed back on there. Thoughts on this? (By the way, Flare Blitz + Sun = <3)

Skarmory: Physical Wall
227.gif

Impish/Sturdy/Leftovers
Roost
Brave Bird
Whirlwind
Spikes

You've seen this millions of times. While this may not be the most original set out there, it serves its purpose pretty well. Namely, to set up Spikes to break the Focus Sash I've seen on those damn Cloysters.

Porygon2: All-Purpose Wall
233.gif

Bold/Download/Eviolite
252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Thunder Wave
Recover

An average Porygon2 to fill an average niche, but with one deviation: Download. If I can get the Special Attack raise, this thing is an absolute beast, becoming a tank with the power to take practically anything and hit back with enough power to 2HKO things that are neutral to it. I love this thing!

Shiftry: Sun Sweeper
275.gif

Modest/Chlorophyll/Focus Sash
Dark Pulse
Nasty Plot
Extrasensory
Giga Drain

Switch in. Nasty Plot. Survive with Focus Sash. Commence Sweep. Recover HP with Giga Drain. Nasty Plot. Survive with Focus Sash. Rinse and Repeat.

Volcarona: Sun Wall
637.gif

Bold/Flame Body/Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
Fiery Dance
Morning Sun
Quiver Dance
Bug Buzz

This totally works so well. I'm not even kidding. It can take a hit like a pro and heal it off with Morning Sun and Leftovers, then respond by buffing up with Quiver Dance. This thing has become quite the force, and it's probably the best on the team.

----

So that's it! Comments/Criticism would be nice.

I need to get into the 5th gen metagame...

I need to get into the 5th gen metagame...

So get your damned WEP connection so we can start theorymonin' again, bro. =) I miss those days like no other, heh... Back when you were the shiny hunter extraordinaire, and this thread was bustling with activity and metagame talk. Those were the days...

Whoa-ho, WMBQ gettin' all competitive on us. :lol: Welcome back to the fray.

By the way, **** isn't censored. :p

Ight bros check this shit out

SUNNY DAY TEAM

So I don't really use Dream World because the WiFi at my house works in a way which doesn't allow my DS to access online play, so this team is for local battles in my circle of real life friends.

We take Pokemon battles pretty seriously.

Anyway, one of those friends gave me a Timid Drought Vulpix as a gift, so I decided to make a Sunny Day team with it, and it's been working pretty well so far! Check it out/evaluate if you will:

-At a Glance-
038.gif
059.gif
227.gif
233.gif
275.gif
637.gif

Yeah, I know this is pretty standard fare, but... hey. It sure is fun. :) Now let's take a deeper look:

Ninetales: Weather Lead
038.gif

Timid/Drought/Life Orb
Flamethrower
SolarBeam
Nasty Plot
Psyshock

This is a pretty... typical Ninetales, I guess. A lot of people stress Energy Ball over SolarBeam, but that hasn't been a huge problem for me. I'm also a stickler for accuracy, so I chose Flamethower over Fire Blast. Psyshock is there to hit Special Walls, while Nasty Plot is there if I get the chance to use it. To be honest, I only really use this Ninetales to get the sun going-- beyond that, its utility has proven to be rather limited.

Yep, Ninetails... The reason almost everyone uses Energy Ball, is so that Politoed and Tyranitar don't just switch in and destroy you with ease. Since you can't switch while it charges, double STAB Hydro Pump or STAB Stone Edge is going to destroy Ninetails, and Solarbeam isn't going to OHKO either of them. Making a weather team prone to other weather can be a death wish, so just on that note, be careful with your choice of Solarbeam. Do not fire it off if the enemy has any sort of insta-weather changer. Ever. Otherwise your sun's gone for good, and this team's simply ****ed, lol.

Arcanine: Physical Sweeper
059.gif

Adamant/Intimidate/Air Balloon
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Flare Blitz
Wild Charge
Close Combat
Morning Sun

Fun stuff, right? Also fairly standard fare. I chose Wild Charge over Extremespeed because of the added coverage against Water types. Given the fact that he'll be most active in the sun, though, I might put Extremespeed back on there. Thoughts on this? (By the way, Flare Blitz + Sun = <3)

If this wasn't meant to be bulky via Morning Sun and Intimidate/Air Balloon, I'd be spamming rows of "DARMANITANDARMANITANDARMANITAN", since the thing hits even harder than a damn Ho-Oh for god's sake when using Sheer Force. Literally Uber attack power with a double STAB boost, Sheer Force boost, and a life orb, I'd almost rather have Magikarp splash me. Almost.

Skarmory: Physical Wall
227.gif

Impish/Sturdy/Leftovers
Roost
Brave Bird
Whirlwind
Spikes

You've seen this millions of times. While this may not be the most original set out there, it serves its purpose pretty well. Namely, to set up Spikes to break the Focus Sash I've seen on those damn Cloysters.

Skarmory in the rain is brilliant. Skarmory in the sun is... uh, possibly going to backfire. If Garchomp was still OU, in the sun it'd be able to power through this steel bird with Fire Fang. Physical attackers running fire moves are going to get past it, and since you already have Arcanine, Porygon2, AND wall/sweeper Volcarona (this idea is wtf original :lol: ), I don't think you need another dedicated wall. I would imagine there's a better spiker for you out there that doesn't have as poor synergy with harsh sunlight. A good poke, but maybe you could find something better for this slot? Or perhaps you could dedicate this slot to an end-all to enemy permaweather pokes.

Porygon2: All-Purpose Wall
233.gif

Bold/Download/Eviolite
252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Thunder Wave
Recover

An average Porygon2 to fill an average niche, but with one deviation: Download. If I can get the Special Attack raise, this thing is an absolute beast, becoming a tank with the power to take practically anything and hit back with enough power to 2HKO things that are neutral to it. I love this thing!

Porygon2 had wall usage before eviolite. Now, it's just-plain badass. You're definitely going risky with Download, especially since Trace gives it the means to counter a huge amount of threats (throw an intimidate right back, negate damage with absorb abilities like Flash Fire, etc.). It certainly is risky... It can pay off, but just like with Rivalry (even though Download has no negative effect), the flip of a coin is hardly worth it when a reliable ability does this thing's job better: wall and counter. This thing ain't no sweeper, so unless those EVs revolve around that +1, I'm suspicious of using Download. But since you love it so much, I'll trust your intuition in the fact it's been paying off. =)

Shiftry: Sun Sweeper
275.gif

Modest/Chlorophyll/Focus Sash
Dark Pulse
Nasty Plot
Extrasensory
Giga Drain

Switch in. Nasty Plot. Survive with Focus Sash. Commence Sweep. Recover HP with Giga Drain. Nasty Plot. Survive with Focus Sash. Rinse and Repeat.

A flaw in your plans: Sash doesn't regenerate. One use and it's like any other disposable item or a berry; even if you have the requirements to make use of it again, the item's gone. Solar Beam > Giga Drain for this reason. You might also want a Life Orb to increase it's power, since 612 Sp.A isn't going to OHKO bulky pokes without a super effective attack. And I'm sure you know Psychic/Dark/Grass is in no way good coverage, lol.

I won't lie, I have no experience with using Shiftry or sun teams, but wouldn't Focus Blast be more ideal for coverage than Extrasensory? Plenty of common fighting types use Mach Punch, so it'd be better to simply get said pokes out of the way instead of trying to sweep. At the same time, I have no idea if Fighting/Grass/Dark is that great of coverage to risk that unreliable Focus Blast's accuracy or not, though...

Volcarona: Sun Wall
637.gif

Bold/Flame Body/Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
Fiery Dance
Morning Sun
Quiver Dance
Bug Buzz

This totally works so well. I'm not even kidding. It can take a hit like a pro and heal it off with Morning Sun and Leftovers, then respond by buffing up with Quiver Dance. This thing has become quite the force, and it's probably the best on the team.

This just utterly confuses me. A bulky Volcarona? A poke that has average HP and Def for a speedy sweeper with a massive attack stat(s)? This is innovative, and if we battled each other blind, I would never expect that. Stealth Rock is obviously the entire team's bane, but especially for the not-so-bulky Volcarona. At the same time, maximized defenses and Quiver Dance's Spe and Sp.D boost, alongside Morning Sun and Leftovers recovery, is actually pretty scary... This probably is the best thing on your team. Volcarona is scary enough without the sun, but in the sun Fiery Dance is terribly powerful, and that Sp.A boost chance is just utterly deadly. If you had a good rapid spinner on your team, I'd think this would be absurdly deadly. It still is, but a spinner would make it all the more so, as well as your entire team overall. As I mentioned replacing Skarmory earlier, why not get in a good rapid spinner instead? After all, I can assure you that without a rapid spinner, my own OU team will destroy this one, guaranteed. Not that we can find out unless you use Pokemon Online or another simulator, though... =(

But yeah, props for this set. I personally love it and the innovation behind it.

----

So that's it! Comments/Criticism would be nice.

I'm not going to bother with any typing junk, weather teams are hardly worth that sort of evaluation, lol. You know your weaknesses well enough, I'm sure.

As for synergy, I'm only worried about one thing; Rocks/hazards in general, and opposing weather teams. Two of your sweepers use a slot for Morning Sun, and you have no direct enemy-weather-counter. Rain teams are especially threatening to you both by changing the weather, and your only real "answer" being without it's Chlorophyll. I can't see you dominating a single rain team if they play right, even if you play better. You'd have to outplay almost all of their moves until their Politoed is down, otherwise your disadvantage is so severe, there's simply no way you'd win.

Aside from that, your team's cool though. Keep the sun up, and I can see it going a long way. For not having proper wi-fi access and not being immersed in 5th Gen OU's metagame just as everyone else, this team came out well, IMO. Most weather teams need to be hyper-offensive, or have walls that capitalize on their weather to make them nigh-unbreakable. You fall into neither of those categories really, but I can still see this team succeeding.

Until another weather team shows up. :lol: Just remember to take ALL my advice and theorymon with a grain of salt, bro. I only know a thing or two about Ubers weather from experience, and 4th gen Sandstorm, which was hardly a weather-dedicated team regardless. But trust me when I say, I'll be getting some Drought experience for myself soon enough, though. :p Maybe I'll have better advice for ya at that time.

Um, I was going to use this team for doubles. Every battle would most likely be 4 vs 4.

Tell me what you think.

Also, Ive so far only trained Salamence, Sharpedo, and Kangaskhan.

319.gif
186.gif
115.gif
373.gif
176.gif
479-heat.gif

Sharpedo
319.gif

Adamant/Speed Boost/Focus Sash
255 Attack/255 Speed

Protect
Waterfall
Crunch
Earthquake

Ah, Sharpedo. Youre so awesome.

Anyways, this guy hits pretty hard, especially in the rain. With Speed Boost, he can outrun virtually everything in the game that dosnt have priority. Focus Sash prevents him from being killed in one shot, although priority attacks and some other stuff pose a threat. Ive considered putting Aqua Jet on him to counter priority, but I prefer Earthquake, to be honest. Also, Protect serves more than one purpose. It dosnt just allow him to speed up.

Politoed
186.gif

(Timid or Modest)/Drizzle/(Wide Lens or Zoom Lens)
255 Sp Attack/(255 Speed or 127 Defense and 128 Sp Defense)

Hydro Pump
Perish Song
Hypnosis
Focus Blast/Blizzard

Obviously for rain. Hmm. Should I make him slow and give him a Zoom Lens, or fairly fast with a Wide Lens? Both improve the accuracy of his moves, but currently Im leaning towards slower with Zoom Lens.

Hydro Pump is self explanatory, getting an accuracy boost from the item. Perish Song is for killing off the opponents last two Pokemon, and I can protect his teammate by using Protect, assuming they have it. Hypnosis is for putting to sleep threats, and the Lens gives it a more reliable accuracy. Im not sure if I should use Focus Blast or Blizzard, to be honest.

Kangaskhan
115.gif

Jolly/Scrappy/Expert Belt
255 Speed/255 Attack

Fake Out
Ice Punch
Brick Break
Strength/Return

Fake Out is useful for many things, really. It can be used to help Rotom-H set up Screens, whatever. Along with Brick Break and Strength/Return, it can hit Ghost-types! This should really surprise some people. Ice Punch is good against Dragons, Flyers, and Grass-types. Brick Break can hit a lot of things super effectively, including Steel, which is useful. She also has a fair amount of bulk, and most likely wont be knocked out in one hit. Expert Belt powers up her Ice Punch and Brick Break when they hit for super effective damage. She isnt exactly super happy yet, so Im currently using Strength, but this will soon be replaced with Return.

Salamence
373.gif

Timid/Intimidate/White Herb
255 Speed/255 Sp Attack

Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Hydro Pump
Protect

This is a bit odd. A purely special attacking Salamence. Most Salamence are physical or mixed, I believe.

Anyways, this girl hits hard. Draco Meteor does a ton of damage, and White Herb gets rid of the Sp Attack drop. Protect is mainly to protect again Perish Song, among other things. Flamethrower may be weakened in rain, but Hydro Pump hits for roughly the same damage, so its all good. Her Intimidate is also useful for lowering the opponents Attack stat.

Togetic
176.gif

Bold/Serene Grace/Evolite
255 Defense/255 Sp Defense

Follow Me
Thunder Wave
Tailwind
Roost

A bulky Togetic. Its almost impossible to OHKO it, so Follow Me can save my other team members if a deadly attack is aimed at them. Hes quite annoying, really. Thunder Wave is to cripple sweepers. His Tailwind speeds up my entire team for a few turns. Roost is obviously for healing damage and for temporarily getting rid of his Flying-type.

It knows no attack moves, sadly, and it dosnt abuse Serene Grace at all.

Rotom Heat form
479-heat.gif

Timid/Levitate/Light Clay
255 Speed/255 Sp Attack

Thunderbolt
Overheat
Light Screen
Reflect

Yes, a Rotom H on a rain team. I honestly dont plan to use this thing at the same time as Politoed. I expect it to mainly be used in combination with Kangaskhan to set up Screens at the beginning of battle. The Screens should really make my team a lot harder to kill. Thunderbolt is quite useful, especially against Water-types. Overheat should come in handy, although the Sp Attack loss is quite annoying. Electric/Fire isnt really a bad typing, its only weak to Water and Rock I believe. I guess the Water weakness will be rather annoying, but then again, if it can outspeed Water-types it will often be able to kill them.

What do you think? Yeah, I dont really use the extra 4 EVs, Im too lazy. Its not like they make a big difference anyway. =/

Last edited:
Um, I was going to use this team for doubles. Every battle would most likely be 4 vs 4.

Tell me what you think.

... You mean for random wi-fi matches, then? 'Cause we on Wiichat aren't to fond of VGC style battling last time I checked, lol. Anyone who disagrees, please do interject, though.

Also, Ive so far only trained Salamence, Sharpedo, and Kangaskhan.

319.gif
186.gif
115.gif
373.gif
176.gif
479-heat.gif

Sharpedo
319.gif

Adamant/Speed Boost/Focus Sash
255 Attack/255 Speed

Protect
Waterfall
Crunch
Earthquake

Ah, Sharpedo. Youre so awesome.

Anyways, this guy hits pretty hard, especially in the rain. With Speed Boost, he can outrun virtually everything in the game that dosnt have priority. Focus Sash prevents him from being killed in one shot, although priority attacks and some other stuff pose a threat. Ive considered putting Aqua Jet on him to counter priority, but I prefer Earthquake, to be honest. Also, Protect serves more than one purpose. It dosnt just allow him to speed up.

Sharpedo's not very usable in doubles... With a sash, it's not hitting hard enough. Even with a +1 via protect, it's outrun by a LOT of pokes too, actually. Not strong enough, not fast enough, and far too frail; and when it's trying to act strong while it's not, this isn't a proper poke to lead with, IMO. Also, since you need to lead with Politoed, you simply cannot lead with this since if you're using Protect while Politoed isn't, you're not maximizing your pokes' uses. Not enough of your pokes have protect to make synergetic use with your protect-speed boost strategy. If they think you're going to protect with Sharpedo, they can dump everything or at least one sure-fire KO move onto your other poke, and then the single protect just wasn't worth it.

Politoed
186.gif

(Timid or Modest)/Drizzle/(Wide Lens or Zoom Lens)
255 Sp Attack/(255 Speed or 127 Defense and 128 Sp Defense)

Hydro Pump
Perish Song
Hypnosis
Focus Blast/Blizzard

Obviously for rain. Hmm. Should I make him slow and give him a Zoom Lens, or fairly fast with a Wide Lens? Both improve the accuracy of his moves, but currently Im leaning towards slower with Zoom Lens.

Hydro Pump is self explanatory, getting an accuracy boost from the item. Perish Song is for killing off the opponents last two Pokemon, and I can protect his teammate by using Protect, assuming they have it. Hypnosis is for putting to sleep threats, and the Lens gives it a more reliable accuracy. Im not sure if I should use Focus Blast or Blizzard, to be honest.

As a lead weather poke, needs protect. Perish Song is entirely useless, and needs to be replaced, possibly with said protect. It also needs Specs, a Life Orb, or something to make it hit as hard as it can and take advantage of a beastly Hydro Pump in the rain. By the by, don't use either of the last slot; use Ice Beam. Blizzard is tempting since it hits both enemies, but what happens when only one of the foe is going to actually be hurt more by it than Hydro Pump? You don't want to risk missing, since Politoed isn't sticking around for long in a double battle. Especially if you make him offensive. Ice Beam is the way to go, 100%.

Also, there's a problem with you saying this isn't your lead, but you want screens instead; Rotom HEAT will die setting up screens, or become half as useful or completely useless if it does live. That's a wasted slot when you could have a much better screener like Deoxys-S who has synergy and works better for your strategy to the point that it actually works, lol. But, I'll save any more complaints for when Rotom-H comes to be reviewed.

Kangaskhan
115.gif

Jolly/Scrappy/Expert Belt
255 Speed/255 Attack

Fake Out
Ice Punch
Brick Break
Strength/Return

Fake Out is useful for many things, really. It can be used to help Rotom-H set up Screens, whatever. Along with Brick Break and Strength/Return, it can hit Ghost-types! This should really surprise some people. Ice Punch is good against Dragons, Flyers, and Grass-types. Brick Break can hit a lot of things super effectively, including Steel, which is useful. She also has a fair amount of bulk, and most likely wont be knocked out in one hit. Expert Belt powers up her Ice Punch and Brick Break when they hit for super effective damage. She isnt exactly super happy yet, so Im currently using Strength, but this will soon be replaced with Return.

All good players know to keep ghosts away from Kangaskhan, actually. It's a common newbie mistake that they won't know it learns Sucker Punch, Crunch and gets Scrappy, but newbies alone. I certainly wouldn't fall for it, and would pull my Gengar/Chandelure/whatever immediately. Kangaskhan succeeded in Gen 4 UU; all tiers' pokemon have practically downgraded from their previous tier by one. Kangaskhan is effectively a NU or even RU poke at this poke, and it's only use is Fake Out since you aren't using Sucker Punch. Many pokemon learn Sucker Punch and Fake Out, having better movesets and much better stats. Unless you're determined to use pokes like this because they suck, you need to replace this guy immediately. =/ He has no synergy on this team that any other poke couldn't do much better.

Salamence
373.gif

Timid/Intimidate/White Herb
255 Speed/255 Sp Attack

Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Hydro Pump
Protect

This is a bit odd. A purely special attacking Salamence. Most Salamence are physical or mixed, I believe.

Anyways, this girl hits hard. Draco Meteor does a ton of damage, and White Herb gets rid of the Sp Attack drop. Protect is mainly to protect again Perish Song, among other things. Flamethrower may be weakened in rain, but Hydro Pump hits for roughly the same damage, so its all good. Her Intimidate is also useful for lowering the opponents Attack stat.

Normally I'd recommend specs, but since this is doubles, that's debatable in terms of it being superior to a white herb. A single switch can spell your doom in doubles, and you wouldn't be able to use Protect either with a choice item. However, you'd only need to switch if Salamence is threatened anyways, or an Ice Shard user appears. Spamming Dragon Pulse with Specs will be doing massive amounts more damage than two Draco Meteors, the second one still giving the Sp.A drop. Flamethrower will be useless in the rain as well, and special 'Mence lacks serious power if it's Draco Meteors aren't boosted, and can only resort to a STAB boosted Hydro Pump only.

To put this in perspective for you, Timid unboosted 'Mence is doing 10 or so more damage than Modest Politoed. Politoed sucks besides drizzle. So yeah, Specs probably would be better in doubles, and without a doubt in singles. Therefore, you want a change in moveset, hence I'm recommending Specs, replacing Draco Meteor with Dragon Pulse, and dropping protect for another coverage move (er... there are none?) or Draco Meteor, if you still want raw power at the cost of a switch. Also, consider replacing Flamethrower with Heat Wave. If the attack won't OHKO anything in rain, might as well maximize the damage done. A 10% loss in accuracy is nothing compared to Blizzard's 30% drop from Ice Beam, so Heat Wave can very well be worth it.

Also, Specs Mence is no longer the beast it was. Hydreigon and Latios are the better dragon-type special attackers. Unless you're using it over these two for Intimidate, you want one of the other two, really.

Oh, and Perish Song goes through, Protect, Nick... >_>;

Togetic
176.gif

Bold/Serene Grace/Evolite
255 Defense/255 Sp Defense

Follow Me
Thunder Wave
Tailwind
Roost

A bulky Togetic. Its almost impossible to OHKO it, so Follow Me can save my other team members if a deadly attack is aimed at them. Hes quite annoying, really. Thunder Wave is to cripple sweepers. His Tailwind speeds up my entire team for a few turns. Roost is obviously for healing damage and for temporarily getting rid of his Flying-type.

It knows no attack moves, sadly, and it dosnt abuse Serene Grace at all.

I disagree, Nick... 295 Def and 309 Sp.D increased by half, when backed by a meager 220 HP, is very easy to dispatch. Any boosted attack is doing at least half it's health, if not more or an outright OHKO. Shuckle isn't exactly bulky, and it has nearly 200+ in comparison to both these defensive stats, but 100 less HP. This thing's not getting you anywhere. I'm not an expert in using Follow Me, but I'm sure there're users of it plenty better. Offensive pokes that fit the team like Thundurus can use T-wave with faster speed, or even priority. Tailwind users are everywhere, and some of the best of them have Prankster for an ability, too. Considering you're recovering only 110 HP or so with Roost, it won't do anything worth while. And since you can't throw an attack move on something so weak, this poke is... garbage, really.

Rotom Heat form
479-heat.gif

Timid/Levitate/Light Clay
255 Speed/255 Sp Attack

Thunderbolt
Overheat
Light Screen
Reflect

Yes, a Rotom H on a rain team. I honestly dont plan to use this thing at the same time as Politoed. I expect it to mainly be used in combination with Kangaskhan to set up Screens at the beginning of battle. The Screens should really make my team a lot harder to kill. Thunderbolt is quite useful, especially against Water-types. Overheat should come in handy, although the Sp Attack loss is quite annoying. Electric/Fire isnt really a bad typing, its only weak to Water and Rock I believe. I guess the Water weakness will be rather annoying, but then again, if it can outspeed Water-types it will often be able to kill them.

So here we are. A fire type on a rain team. Even as a lead, it's not defensively strong. Offensive and balanced teams can lead off and easily OHKO/2HKO this thing before it throws up any screen. Fake Out may not be enough to let this slow thing set up even one screen, and after that Fake Out both pokes are rendered useless and most likely dead, with just one screen up to show for it. It's inefficient, so this poke's job is done better by countless others. It's synergy with the team if it somehow does survive the first two turns is abysmal, too... Another poke that I believe should be replaced.

What do you think? Yeah, I dont really use the extra 4 EVs, Im too lazy. Its not like they make a big difference anyway. =/

4TH GEN AZELF WOULD DISAGREE, NICKY! ;D

I am feeling rather Krabby tonight (HAHAHAHAHAH--no), so maybe that's why I'm being so harsh. But in retrospect, this team is terrible, really... I don't think I need to get into synergy or typing discussion. Sorry Nick. I didn't notice any mention of this being a UU/NU/whatever team, so I can wholeheartedly say I'd bet money that this thing'l fail in OU doubles. When it comes to team building, you win some you lose some; my first ubers 4th Gen Drought team failed terribly, and I certainly was displeased to the point of being horrified, discouraged to say the least. But what can ya do besides brush it off after the initial shock and get back to building, yeah?

Of course, I'm just one opinion, I'm not stopping you from finishing it and at least testing it for some battles. Experience from failures are the best kind in pokemon, ironically enough. I've learned the best tactical know-how by losing to pros, and noticing what my own short comings in moveset building were by losing (as little as I have lost :p). So go for it or back to the drawing board; regardless of which choice, I wish the best of luck with your theorymonin', Nicky.

Oh, and if you're inexperienced when it comes to doubles, I highly recommend going through with the team, and playing some low tier battles. Doubles is the most difficult sort of competitive battle to wrap your mind around, and there is absolutely no way to get better at it other than going for it. Theorymoning endlessly in singles can give you a certain amount of progress in terms of getting better, but if you don't play doubles, you'll get absolutely nowhere. I learned this the hard way, in all honesty.

... The thought of competitive triple battles scares me still...

Last edited:
Only one thing to add, CK.... Arent his EV calcs wrong? I thought you could only max out 252 in each respective stat out of a total of 510 total EV's, the latter 6 being placed on something else bc you cannot have more than 252 per stat right?

Only one thing to add, CK.... Arent his EV calcs wrong? I thought you could only max out 252 in each respective stat out of a total of 510 total EV's, the latter 6 being placed on something else bc you cannot have more than 252 per stat right?

OH MY GOD I LOL'D SO HARD! xD

Storm, all stats can naturally max out at 255. :lol: Since 3 EVs are used to reach 255 from 252 though, it's a waste of EVs, since lowering 255 to 252 EV totals per stat twice leaves behind 6, giving an extra stat point of your choice. It's simply standard to add those 6 EVs to whatever stat you see fit, rather than waste them by maxing out 255 twice (rarely HP, since you'd usually **** yourself over by making yourself take more LO/Rocks damage just slighty).

I find it so funny because I've never heard someone say that before, lol. You jumped into competitive EVing and battling full force, didn't ya Storm? :lol: Pretty much all n00bs that rush into making a team shove all EVs for a 255/255 spread, but you're an interesting exception... I'd imagine you started reading up on advanced **** and theorymon 'n the like if that's what you were lead to believe, yeah?

Or did you simply forget the 255/255 possibility since it's pointless and stupid? xD

lol, sorry man.... I actually did, cuz im just used to never doing more than 252 per stat bc, like u said, its utterly pointless to do so, and i never did it simply because of that. and yes, i did get into it that way. it just never seemed logical to me to waste something when you could make use of something else... lol

well I feel sheepish.... lmao

17329d75-82a4-4dee-959b-a80d3cc099d8.jpg

My new team (hahaha CK)

Kabutops (Lead)
Jolly
Weak Armor
Salac Berry/ Leichi Berry/ Water Gem/ Rock Gem
EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

Hypothetical test-lead. Could be a potential surprise, and has enough bulk to get rocks up, and still spin away hazards if neccessary. This Weak Armor ability is interesting though, Kabutops can get hit while setting up, and by setting up, I also earn enough speed boosts for a potential sweep, firing off STAB Waterfall and STAB Stone Edge, decent coverage too. This creature can almost be a full-proof answer to stat-up sweepers like Gyarados, Salamence, the common ones, and others that will rely on using things to boost their speed. I get it all in one package with this guy. Entry hazard while setting up a sweep at the same time? Why not?

Darmanitan
Adamant
Sheer Force
Choice Scarf
- Fire Punch/ Flare Blitz
- Brick Break
- Stone Edge
- Facade

Hard hitting fast crazy fire-pig-monkey.... Thing.... Sums it up pretty well. BB, SE, and Facade are staple/filler, trying to make the most out of that scary Sheer Force ability. Speaking of which, my decision on Fire Punch or Flare Blitz rests on this question, because Flare Blitz has a possibility of burning the target, will Sheer Force activate and work with it?

Conkeldurr
Adamant
Iron Fist
Choice Band
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

A bold new, powerful fighting type, one of the highest Base Attacks in OU, AND gets a priority move, WITH STAB, AND 20% Increase from Iron Fist, ANDDDD Choice Band Boost. Basically... This thing is just plain terrifying. Coming off a base 140 attack with all said above boosts to match it (not to mention priority to speed up the teams slothful nature) this thing is bad to the bone, so to speak. EQ and Stone Edge are really just staples... This things priority is to hit hard, first, and destroy immediately, or pick off one at a time late game. Drain Punch can be devastatiing, being a punch also has it benefit from Iron Fist, virtually can bring this poke back from the dead in a single hit.

Escavalier
Adamant
Shell Armor
Life Orb/Lefties/ Leichi Berry
EV's: 252 Atk, 252 HP, 6 SpDef
- X-Scissor/ Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Aerial Ace
- Reversal/ Swords Dance

Escavalier is a beast on his own. Can very well stand up for himself in battle. Shell Armor so I dont have to deal with any of those damned critical hits.... Ugh. X-Scissor or Megahorn, power for accuracy, cant quite decide yet. Aerial Ace can smack fighting types around, and wanting to go with Reversal for ever-Persistent Normal types. Really, I couldnt find a good move to fill last slot, Reversal is kind of an end-all filler. Escavalier serves two purposes though, to scare whatever he switches into and draw out something to play against his only weakness: Fire. Which can then draw out my Chandelure to take advantage and pull a surprise sweep. This bug is both Bait, and a Predator.

Chandelure
Modest
Flash Fire
Choice Scarf
EV's: 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Overheat

What im thinkin is the standard version of Special Attacking Chandelure. This things SpAtk by ITSELF is a complete monster.... Putting massive speed behind it is just plain scary. If I can draw a fire attack with another poke to activate Flash Fire, might as well kiss it goodbye from those amped up STAB Flamethrowers coming off this Scarfer.

Altaria
Timid
Cloud Nine
Red Card/ Lefties
EV's: 252 Def, 252 SpAtk, 6 HP
- Cotton Guard
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Roost/ Dragon Pulse

Just to spite you, CK (ha) this is my Altaria Defensive Wall Rebounder (at least, thats what im calling it) After a single Cotton Guard, this thing is ready to run with the best of them. After two, dont even try to mess with it. Timid nature to give it jusssst a touch of Speed. Clud Nine to negate weather effects, meaning this Hat Bird (CK.... -.-) Is a very efficient sweeper stopper, especially amongst Weather-centered teams. Red Card can piss alot of things off that attempt to bring in a counter to Altaria, giving me a chance to Cotton Guard, forcing their switch and getting down a second Cotton Guard, and BOOM, Uber Wall. Beam and Flamethrower get nearly perfect coverage, btw. Last slot will be Roost if I go with the Red Card, but will be Dragon Pulse for extra STAB if I go with the Lefties. Either way, this thing will get some miles on it before it goes down.

Ok guys, have at it.

......meh....

Ill, um, try this team and just see if it works. I suppose Ill have to replace Perish Song if it hits through Protect, tho.

-__-

And everything looks good to me, Storm.

Last edited:
Nick, was just breezing over your team, and it occured to me... You can still run your Perish Song with Politoed, but why not make his partner leading poke something that has Soundproof and can stat-up sweep? Soundproof will protect your teammate from your perish song without having to waste a moveslot on something like protect, and perish song will most likely force the two opposing pokes to switch, which would mean free boosts for your stat-up soundproof sweeper. Nothing comes to mind at the moment, but ill try to think of something for you.

P.S, someone review my team.... lol

Just thought of one for ya, Nick.

how about Mr. Mime?

Mr. Mime
Modest
Soundproof
Red Card/ Salac Berry/ Expert Belt/ Focus Sash?
EV's: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast/ Psychic
- Nasty Plot/Substitute?

This would have pretty good synergy with your toad, being unaffected by his Song and getting 100% accuracy with Thunder in the Rain. Psychic is for STAB if you want it, but Focus Blast does just as much damage as STAB Psychic and gets better coverage, only downside is that measely 70% accuracy. Either Nasty Plot to attempt to set up on the switch once or twice and hope your Salac activates to give you some sorta sweeping potential. Thunder in the rain coming off a +2 NP from a poke with base 100 Special Attack isnt anything to laugh at... Its not super dangerous, but your toad can croak all he wants to force a switch, and you proceed to fire away with 100% accuracy Thunder from a naturally speedy for lower tiers poke. I dont see a big downside, out of the options available, its either this thing or Exploud, and i think you should deal with the Mime. You know he wont lie to you, seeing as mimes cant talk :) lol

The problem is, Storm, I dont really like Mr. Mime.

But I suppose it would work well. Hmm. Perhaps I should give it a chance.

Actually, Electrode also has Soundproof. But Im probably better off with Mr. Mime, seeing as I already have Rotom.

Ill think about it, Storm.

Also, I probably wouldent do any good reviewing your team. ^^;

Although that Altaria looks like a beast.

And CK....come on, 255/255 is just because Im lazy. Im not a noob because of it. >.>

I dont like Mr. Mime particularly either, Nick. Im just saying it could work well... And if you wanna go with Electrode, you can, its just not going to hit as hard nor get nearly as much coverage as Mime will. Like I said, its entirely your choice, im just making a speculation from the outside. Touble is, Electrode is too predictable. Everyone knows itll carry Thunder, Explosion, and probably Rain Dance. Thats most variants of it. Yes, its a speed demon, but if the speed demon doesnt have much to offer other than speed, it might as well be a fly buzzing around your head. Yes, its annoying, but eventually it will get squashed, or die out on its own.

And btw, thnx for the Altaria comment (Haha CK >:) )

Back