What's your pokemon team?

Squirtle. Water gun and splash

Bulbasaur leaf attack and vines

Pikachu Thunder bolt and fire blast

Charizard Water gun and fly

Garyados Surf and splash

Mewtwo blast and beam. What you guys think? Im kick ass huh

If you're going to troll this thread again, at least try to name REAL attacks that the pokemon ACTUALLY learn, bro. xD

Hi well this isnt my first team but im just got back into pokemon so with out further ado:

Little info:Im thinking of a sand storm team, ps this is on my white version.My

lead:Metagross-Adamant-Clear Body-Item Occa Berry
Stats:Hp 335 atk 400 def 291 sp atk 189 sp def 205 spd 183
Moves:Bullet Punch, Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Explosion

Hes my favorite lead, stealth rock kinda already a known why its there. Earthquake a good attack if a fire type is sent out or if bullet punch just wont cut it. And explosion to go out with a boom if need be.

For Sandstream:
Substitute Ttar-Relaxed-Sand Stream-Leftovers
Stats:Hp 345 atk 325 def 288 sp atk 226 sp def 250 spd 163
Moves:Stone Edge(crunch??), Substitute, Focus Punch, Earthquake

Ttar i like with substitute, hes worked for me greatly so far, focus punch good for taking out his weakness to ground and stone edge cause of it being his signature move. Earthquake for his other weaknesses. These first 2 i dont really want to change.

Scizor-technician-naive-(not sure of item)
Stats:Hp 273 atk 315 def 256 sp atk 166 sp def 159 spd 190
Moves:X-Scissor(Sword dance), Bullet Punch, Roost, U-turn

I like scizor. Nough said. Lol well i just like him as a guythat might cover for any weaknesses.
Need someone from White so why not the power ranger!
Bisharp-inner focus-jolly(adamant)-item???
Stats: dont really have yet but EV's 252 atk 252 spd 2 hp
Moves:Night slash, maybe sucker punch, psycho cut,
Im thinkin he'd be kind of a sweeper any suggestions?

I was thinkin maybe Rhyperior, or Ferrothorn as a wall but idk. Wat u guys think?

Last edited:
Hey hey, Homie G's back in the pokefray too, eh? Didn't know you were still around, bro. Nice to see another familiar username. =)

My lead:Metagross-Adamant-Clear Body-Item Occa Berry
Stats:Hp 335 atk 400 def 291 sp atk 189 sp def 205 spd 183
Moves:Bullet Punch, Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Explosion

Hes my favorite lead, stealth rock kinda already a known why its there. Earthquake a good attack if a fire type is sent out or if bullet punch just wont cut it. And explosion to go out with a boom if need be.

This was a fantastic lead in gen 4, but it was a specific lead. If you took that off of Smogon, it came from their 4th gen strategy dex, which means it's entirely outdated. I can assure you that Metagross doesn't need to be running that Occa berry anymore, since you won't have Azelfs and Infernape leads everywhere trying to ruin your day. If you're bent of a damage-reducing berry, I'd bet Shuca is the way to go. 5th Gen OU is really physical based these days, so you'll probably see an earthquake or two around.

Better yet, you may want to try the air balloon. Ground immunity until you're hit by any attack, instead of reduced ground damage for a single attack. Air Balloon is more useful for something that's screaming to be hit by EQ, but on a lead, it definatly has it's uses. Considering you want your Metagross to explode (even though explosion is 100% nerfed in Gen 5... =/), ensuring it won't get maimed by a stray EQ via the balloon could be the difference between getting 'rocks up, and getting up your hazard and going out with a bang.

Also, if you took the EV set from the strategy dex as well, be wary it's the most outdated part of the set. Any EVs in Special Defense, Speed, and HP are null and void, since many of DPP's popular walls aren't present in BW's OU metagame anymore. I'm sure they can be found, but any dedicated EV sets aren't a quarter as effective as they once were, and that applies to all EV sets based for 4th generation battling. So, I'll stop mentioning that now. I'm sure my point is exhausted by now. =P

For Sandstream:
Substitute Ttar-Relaxed-Sand Stream-Leftovers
Stats:Hp 345 atk 325 def 288 sp atk 226 sp def 250 spd 163
Moves:Stone Edge(crunch??), Substitute, Focus Punch, Earthquake

Ttar i like with substitute, hes worked for me greatly so far, focus punch good for taking out his weakness to ground and stone edge cause of it being his signature move. Earthquake for his other weaknesses. These first 2 i dont really want to change.

Fighting, ground, and rock are all redundant together in terms of coverage; mainly considering you're wrong about fighting hitting ground super effective. Fighting hits ROCK super effective, but so does Earthquake, so it's one or the other essentially. Not to mention Psychic types are dominant in this metagame, so not having Crunch and using a fighting move doesn't work on Tyranitar's strong points. There're a ton of better sub-punchers out there, like Breloom. TTar also isn't a good user of substitute, period. He's got too many weaknesses, as well as that 4x fighting weakness which is the worst weakness to have in the entire OU metagame for BW, so even walls can break his sub in one shot via hitting with super effective moves, or getting past his not-very-high defenses regardless. Substitute and Focus Punch just don't work well on TTar, disregarding the fact I said there're many other good Sub-punchers entirely.

Scizor-technician-naive-(not sure of item)
Stats:Hp 273 atk 315 def 256 sp atk 166 sp def 159 spd 190
Moves:X-Scissor(Sword dance), Bullet Punch, Roost, U-turn

I like scizor. Nough said. Lol well i just like him as a guythat might cover for any weaknesses.
Need someone from White so why not the power ranger!

Well, Scizor is Scizor, a great poke. Problem is, you've already got Metagross on the team, and that's doubling up your fire weakness. If you want to run Scizor, you need to be very wary of being weak to fire. If Tyranitar goes down against a sun-based team, Scizor is going to be roasted like a piece of bacon in the sahara desert
sun.

On the moveset, however, don't use U-turn and Swords Dance on the same set. Don't use U-turn and X-scissor, either. Two bug moves in a bug-crushing metagame is a bad idea and a waste of at least one moveslot, and by using U-turn, you're losing a Swords Dance boost once you've used it. Basically, replace U-turn with Swords Dance, or replace X-scissor with something that is NOT Swords Dance, like Pursuit or Superpower (if you have Platinum for the Superpower move tutor).

Bisharp-inner focus-jolly(adamant)-item???
Stats: dont really have yet but EV's 252 atk 252 spd 2 hp
Moves:Night slash, maybe sucker punch, psycho cut,
Im thinkin he'd be kind of a sweeper any suggestions?

I was thinkin maybe Rhyperior, or Ferrothorn as a wall but idk. Wat u guys think?

Bisharp is relatively weak, and I highly doubt it'l succeed in OU. It's essentially Absol with Steel typing; more resistances, but more weaknesses. And almost, if not equally frail. Not to mention that's a second 4x Fighting weakness, and a third Fire weakness to deal with. Just don't use Bisharp, lol.

Rhyperior and Ferrothron are also increasing your weaknesses for many different types. Ferrothorn is meant to wall everything but fighting types, and here you are with a huge fighting type weakness for your entire team. Ferrothorn just doesn't support the team right, really.

And Rhyperior shares too many weaknesses with Tyranitar to be of any real benefit. Another fighting weakness, another water weakness (which is almost as dangerous as being weak to fighting, which it also is), 4x weak to grass types which might become common to help stop Rain Dance teams, and even weak to Ground, which has never been a good thing. Rhyperior is basically a physically defensive Tyranitar, but pathetically vulnerable to special moves. Using two of the same pokemon, either as identical roles or the same name, is rarely a good idea. Thus, I'm saying pass on all three of the last pokes; Ferrothorn, Bisharp, and Rhyperior.

And, one more tip. I've been running sandstorm teams since Generation 3, back when they weren't even a threat. I namely just loved Tyranitar. But come Generation 4, they were a more valid sort of team archetype. In Gen 5, they're as deadly as ever with pokemon like Landorus and especially Excadrill. But a successful Sandstorm team will NEVER run just Rock, Ground, and Steel types. The Sandstorm slowly whittling away a pokemon's health is a pain, but it won't destroy half your team alone. That, and pokemon like Reuniclus get around the damage anyways. Basically, don't limit yourself to Sandstorm-damage avoiding pokemon. It'l be your downfall from being weak to a plethora of the same type alone, leaving you open to a sweep from turn one in some cases.

I've got 10 main Pokemon I use:

Haxorus
Muscle Band
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Brick Break
Dragon Claw

Serperior
Quick Claw
Dragon Tail (that's what the QC is for)
Coil
Leaf Blade
Aerial Ace

Porygon-Z
Silk Scarf
Nasty Plot
Shadow Ball
Hyper Beam (freebie kill-one-Pokemon)
Tri-Attack

Volcarona (obviously :D)
Life Orb
Psychic
Quiver Dance
Flamethrower
Bug Buzz

Escavalier
Rocky Helmet
Megahorn
Iron Head
Iron Defense
Protect

Blissey
Leftovers
Softboiled
Calm Mind
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Galvantula
Wise Glasses
Thunderbolt
Bug Buzz
Energy Ball
Volt Switch

Carracosta
Mystic Water
Shell Smash
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Surf (Hey, I gotta get across water somehow)

Zoroark
Wise Glasses
Flamethrower
Focus Blast
Night Daze
U-Turn

Breloom
Toxic Orb (Poison Heal ability)
Seed Bomb
Mach Punch
Spore
Focus Punch

Serperior
Quick Claw
Dragon Tail (that's what the QC is for)
Coil
Leaf Blade
Aerial Ace

Sorry to break it to ya, but Quick Claw doesn't increase move priority; it only lets you move first inside of your "speed bracket". So, unless your opponent is also using moves of the same priority (which are only Roar, Whirlwind, Circle Throw, and itself), Quick Claw does absolutely nothing for Dragon Tail, lol. If you don't have any idea what exactly move priority is, here's a quick but easy to understand read about it.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Priority

That bunch of pokes is a pretty good bunch for an interchangeable team for casual battles, definitely. You can do a lot worse than that, lol. But you might want to look into better items than ones like Silk Scarf (increases the power of whatever single type by a measly 1.2), and especially the Wise Glasses and Muscle Band (a 1.1 boost xD). Namely, more life orbs, or choice items to really give it a boost in power. If that's not your play style, of course, feel free to reject my advice. =) I've known plenty of successful battlers that don't use choice items at all. I personally love them, though. =P

And for Breloom, Focus Punch isn't really that good with Substitute. Since Focus Punch has nearly four times as much power as Mach, Substitute would be a great move for it. Substitute lets you see what your opponent might switch in after you Spore a pokemon, and gives you an extra turn of Poison Heal while you're damage free behind your shield. Substitute also gives you a 99% guaranteed hit with Focus Punch, which is just crazy powerful, as I'm sure ya know. And with two turns of Poison Heal (the turn you use substitute, and then the turn you lose your substitute) you're healing back all the HP you used to make a substitute, meaning you protected yourself perfectly AND let you use Breloom's most powerful fighting move, all at once.

Sub-punch Breloom is just notorious, lol. I can tell ya I've lost a 3v3 because of the ****ing terror it can be. :lol:

Lol i forgot ive been away from the game awhile so obviously the game has changed lol well ill be back with a different team lol nice to see u to CK!

Of course the game changed, an entire new generation is waiting to be played man. :lol: And that's all the more fun, eh?

I'll be waiting for this new team of yours. Make it good. :D

Rebooted team. To hell with using only Gen 5 pokes... Gotta mix it up.

-Braviary-
Adamant
Sheer Force
Flying Gem or Leftovers or Fighting Gem
- Shadow Claw
- Superpower
- Brave Bird
- Thrash

Why Braviary? Cuz hes the first Normal/Flying type bird poke that ive actually liked since Pidgeot. He is kinda bulky, and the following moveset is to cater to his exceptionally high attack. Brave Bird STAB is going to hurt alot with 123 base attack, most likely going with Fighting gem to amp up Superpower to take out the strongest Steel types (if my calculations are correct, Braviary using Superpower with the Fighting Gem boost along with Sheer Force ability OHKO's every steel type in OU, bar Physically Defensive Bronzong, but OHKO's all, if not most variations of even Metagross (assuming my calculations are correct) Thrash at 120 Base power plus Braviary's STAB and Sheer Force, Kinda frightening.... I know its a risk bc of it continuing for 2-3 turns with Confusion afterwords, this is kind of a "going out with a bang" move. Who doesnt wanna go around rampaging with 120 plus STAB x 1.3??? (and my Arcanine shouldve cleared out most the steel types in the fray by the time this thing comes out anyways. Anyways, This thing is meant for stopping power and because I feel like playing favorites this generation. I guess I could just call it a STAB coverage sweeper.

-Arcanine-
Relaxed
Flash Fire
Leftovers
- Extremespeed
- Overheat
- Wild Charge or Grass Knot (dont see much point in having both, prolly will go with the latter)
- Crunch

Cant talk me outta my favorite poke. Love my Arcanine. Relaxed nature so I dont have to put any of his glorious all- around stats down. Leftovers to recover his bulk, bc this dog can take a hit or two. Extremespeed is the death of many picked off by the legendary dog. Overheat can tae down most anything, with Crunch being to aleviate me of the many new Psychics/Ghosts that run amok in this new Generation, and Grass Knot to pick off the waters, grounds, and rocks of the new Gen. Particularly tho, it is for Swampert, bc I know damn well he will still find his way into OU.

Krookodile
Adamant
Moxie
Salac Berry
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Hone Claws

Ok. Trying to set him up as a sweeper. Hone Claws till Salac activates, which will be after one or two hits. Then sweep away, with EQ and Crunch as STAB and Stone Edge with increased Accuracy from Hone Claws, upped attack, and Moxie after every poke it takes down, if I can pull off two Hone Claws with Salac activating, could lead very easily to a full team sweep until a priority move comes out.

Ferrothorn
Careful
Iron Barbs
Grass Gem? Not sure for item.
- Power Whip
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

I like Ferrothorn, neat poke, seems like a better version of Forretress to me. Arcanine covers the fire weakness, even benefits from it. SR obvious for set up with defenses and resistances like this, and I was thinking Grass Gem for a one hit wonder with Power Whip, but not quite sure yet...

Kingdra
Modest
Sniper
Life Orb
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Signal Beam

My typical Kingdra. Good all around, hard hitting with LO and good STAB, this thing has ruined many peoples days in battles.

-Serperior-
Relaxed
Contrary
Leftovers or Light Clay
- Leaf Storm
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Dragon Tail

CK, I owe you on this one with the Leaf Storm + Contrary combo. Unbelievable. Anyways, for some reason, Serperior can take hits like a champ. Basically, set up screen for whatever ur facing, start Leaf Storming and watch the power grow. Dragon Tail is on there in case I run into any unfriendly pokes resistant to my Leaf Storm to force a switch instead of losing my stat boosts.

So there it is. Open to constructive criticism. This is a rough prototype.

Rebooted team. To hell with using only Gen 5 pokes... Gotta mix it up.

-Braviary-
Adamant
Sheer Force
Flying Gem or Leftovers or Fighting Gem
- Shadow Claw
- Superpower
- Brave Bird
- Thrash

Why Braviary? Cuz hes the first Normal/Flying type bird poke that ive actually liked since Pidgeot. He is kinda bulky, and the following moveset is to cater to his exceptionally high attack. Brave Bird STAB is going to hurt alot with 123 base attack, most likely going with Fighting gem to amp up Superpower to take out the strongest Steel types (if my calculations are correct, Braviary using Superpower with the Fighting Gem boost along with Sheer Force ability OHKO's every steel type in OU, bar Physically Defensive Bronzong, but OHKO's all, if not most variations of even Metagross (assuming my calculations are correct) Thrash at 120 Base power plus Braviary's STAB and Sheer Force, Kinda frightening.... I know its a risk bc of it continuing for 2-3 turns with Confusion afterwords, this is kind of a "going out with a bang" move. Who doesnt wanna go around rampaging with 120 plus STAB x 1.3??? (and my Arcanine shouldve cleared out most the steel types in the fray by the time this thing comes out anyways. Anyways, This thing is meant for stopping power and because I feel like playing favorites this generation. I guess I could just call it a STAB coverage sweeper.

Woah-ho, Storm's doing some legitimate calculations, eh? Way to go, bro. You're turning into a dangerous competitive opponent with that dedication. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, all the calculations in the world won't save you from the biggest problem of this set; Sheer Force only prevents the effects on attacks that affect your OPPONENT, not the Recoil done by Brave Bird, or the Stat Drops caused by Superpower. That also means the 1.3 boost is entirely null and void. =( Sheer Force has no place on this set, sadly. Not even Shadow Claw gets the Sheer Force boost, since increased critical ratio counts in calculation for your pokemon, not the defending. Simply put, you need to change the ability, or change the moveset to match the ability better. Sheer Force is a confusing ability, I'll give ya that much...

Also, when you use a move Sheer Force boosts, Life Orb recoil is entirely eliminated. On a set abusing most, if not all moves being compatible with the Sheer Force boost, a Life Orb is definitely the optimal item. 1.3 boost for all your moves permanently is better than a one-off 1.5 boost, eh?

-Arcanine-
Relaxed
Flash Fire
Leftovers
- Extremespeed
- Overheat
- Wild Charge or Grass Knot (dont see much point in having both, prolly will go with the latter)
- Crunch

Cant talk me outta my favorite poke. Love my Arcanine. Relaxed nature so I dont have to put any of his glorious all- around stats down. Leftovers to recover his bulk, bc this dog can take a hit or two. Extremespeed is the death of many picked off by the legendary dog. Overheat can tae down most anything, with Crunch being to aleviate me of the many new Psychics/Ghosts that run amok in this new Generation, and Grass Knot to pick off the waters, grounds, and rocks of the new Gen. Particularly tho, it is for Swampert, bc I know damn well he will still find his way into OU.

You and your Arcanine, lol.

Arcanine's a great all-around pokemon, with only his pure fire-type and lower BST compared to the cream of the OU crop making him lesser. But this time around, threats are either too powerful or too bulky to be running a full-blown mixed set, IMO. I'd bet money it'l fall into UU again, if it isn't qualified as UU statistics already.

Basically, my input is to focus on one end of the offensive spectrum for Arcanine. The only version of this pokemon that'l take multiple hits is the defensive variant, and in that case, it's offenses are just too low to be useful, and defenses not really high enough to compete with things like Ferrothorn (which you have on your team Dx). If you focus on Attack, it's entirely an inferior Darmanitan. It's Sp. Atk is it's lowest attack stat though, and is hardly threatening. If I can't talk you out of it, at least don't go mixed. I can guarantee it won't get very much done in that regard.

And speaking of UU, bulky waters are almost non-existent in OU right now, so Swampert isn't going to be around for some time, if not gone forever. Swampert's attack stat and defensive stats are now relatively low compared to our best walls, and one of the most common pokemon (Ferrothron... argh), it's a moot pokemon. Wild Charge > Grass Knot.

Krookodile
Adamant
Moxie
Salac Berry
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Hone Claws

Ok. Trying to set him up as a sweeper. Hone Claws till Salac activates, which will be after one or two hits. Then sweep away, with EQ and Crunch as STAB and Stone Edge with increased Accuracy from Hone Claws, upped attack, and Moxie after every poke it takes down, if I can pull off two Hone Claws with Salac activating, could lead very easily to a full team sweep until a priority move comes out.

A good set in theory, but something you really need to be careful of. Priority moves are horribly common right now, with pokemon like Mach Punch Conkeldurr and speed demons like Sandstream Excadrill about. A lot of common sweepers also have higher base speed than Krookodile, and be carrying a Scarf. In short, this pokemon like all other Salac-sweepers is deadly, but both to your foe and yourself. All I can say is be VERY careful sweeping with this. Don't even try until the late game, where you know nothing with priority and higher speed is left. Otherwise, you're out of a pokemon. Not to mention +1 or even +2 on a pokemon like Krookodile isn't particularly scary, since his attack really isn't all-that high. Good, but not fantastic. Ferrothorn (GAH!) laughs at this set. So... yeah, be careful.

Ferrothorn
Careful
Iron Barbs
Grass Gem? Not sure for item.
- Power Whip
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

I like Ferrothorn, neat poke, seems like a better version of Forretress to me. Arcanine covers the fire weakness, even benefits from it. SR obvious for set up with defenses and resistances like this, and I was thinking Grass Gem for a one hit wonder with Power Whip, but not quite sure yet...

You mean broken version of Forretress. This thing's an asshole. 'Nuff said, lol.

I want nothing to do with Ferrothorn (could ya tell yet? =P), but I can tell you there're better ways to use it. Leftovers on it is a must. Power Whip isn't going to OHKO anything important with the Grass Gem, it's not an offensive pokemon.

Also, keep in mind Explosion no longer halves defense, along with Selfdestruct. That's definitely a move you need to get rid of. A wall that goes boom this gen, isn't very valuable. Replace it with T-wave to join the crowd of everyone using this overused piece of spiky trash. .-.

Kingdra
Modest
Sniper
Life Orb
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Signal Beam

My typical Kingdra. Good all around, hard hitting with LO and good STAB, this thing has ruined many peoples days in battles.

Kingdra is a lethal pokemon on a Rain Dance team, but otherwise... not so much. Against a Rain Dance team, it isn't going to sweep, either. It's in the same vote as Arcanine; hard-enough hitting last gen to at least get the job done with the right support. But if it's not a dedicated rain dance sweeper, Kingdra simply doesn't belong in OU anymore. Latios, Hydreigon, and even Special 'Mence do this job better.

But if you want to see this thing die a lot, get rid of Ice Beam. The other 3 moves handle what Ice Beam would hit fine. Ice and Dragon are redundant in coverage almost entirely in OU, really. 100% so in ubers. I don't know Kingdra's movepool well, but there has to be something more useful than Ice Beam in terms of coverage, lol.

-Serperior-
Relaxed
Contrary
Leftovers or Light Clay
- Leaf Storm
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Dragon Tail

CK, I owe you on this one with the Leaf Storm + Contrary combo. Unbelievable. Anyways, for some reason, Serperior can take hits like a champ. Basically, set up screen for whatever ur facing, start Leaf Storming and watch the power grow. Dragon Tail is on there in case I run into any unfriendly pokes resistant to my Leaf Storm to force a switch instead of losing my stat boosts.

Well, this is an interesting take on Contrary Serperior... I'm skeptical in how it'l work well. It does get nice bulk, especially with Screens, but that bulk won't be enough to keep it alive unless you invest highly into it's defenses. And in that case, you'll probably need to fire off two Leaf Storms before it'l do significant damage. 465 Special Attack is what you'll get after a +6 boost from 3 Leaf Storms if you allocate all your EVs into bulk. It's speed is also a moot point, aside from outrunning walls; and walls aren't going to do anything to this beast regardless.

But if you focus on Speed and Sp. Atk EVs, you might have more success, I'd think. Outrunning plenty of non-scarf threats allows you to clean up late-game if Krookodile can't fully get the job done, or outright fails. A predicted screen to stop whatever Serperior counter is coming in would secure an offensive set's success too, so throwing this surprise out early game would be a poor idea.

Not to mention you'll boost your attack to much scarier levels, and all the faster. After a single Leaf Storm, it's a brutally dangerous attack at 546 Sp. Atk. That's around the power of Naive Specs Heatran's Overheat, which is saying something.

And normally I'd recommend the same Specs set I'd use, I really want to see how this Serperior does. Best of luck making use of it. My poke-curiosity is seldom sparked outside my own ideas, so don't let me down. :thumbsup:

Why Braviary? Cuz hes the first Normal/Flying type bird poke that ive actually liked since Pidgeot.

YOU DIDN'T LIKE STARAPTOR?!?! D=

Well, that's every poke's individual analysis done. Time for the team analysis! :D

... Damn, it feels good to be doing this again.

From a typing perspective, you're doing pretty good, really. You've got plenty of resists, and aren't going triple on any weakness; EXCEPT Ice. With Arcanine your only resist to it, Water types going Water/Ice for coverage could really give this team trouble. At least you have some nice Water resists though, which means Rain Dance teams aren't going to straight-up wreck you. And let me tell ya, they're a legitimate threat in BW OU. Dangerous.

However, the worst flaw in this team, is being powerless against fighting types. You have two weaknesses to fighting. A common priority move in Mach Punch, and common power-moves like Close Combat mean your main sweeper and your only wall are just moments away from getting owned. My Terrakion could just rampage through this team with Banded Close Combat, and there'd be nothing you could do, since none of your pokemon outspeed it. Arcanine would die just to prevent it from destroying your entire team via intimidate, and then you'd be open to being swept by it yet again. Not having fighting resists is a death wish in BW OU, but also having weaknesses to it at the same time is suicide. You need something that a stop-all to every fighting type, simply put. This is the team's only glaring weak point that could be spotted off the bat via Team Preview, but it sure as hell is a terrible weakness, and one that's easy to take advantage of.

As for the team's overall strength, your BST crammed together would be poor, no doubt. Never does this mean your team is garbage, but it's a problem. You don't have a defensive pokemon besides Ferrothorn, you don't have any speed demons to be an emergency stop to a sweep or to sweep with, and your offensive stats, aside from Braviary and (offensive) Serperior, are alright. But if offensive stats are the only stats to be your strong point, you need more speed to back it up, IMO. So, this team is good. The problem, is that it'd be good in UU, IMO. Good synergy, nice typing and all, but aside from Ferrothorn (and if any of these are also banned in UU), I feel like Gen 5 OU is just gonna ravage this team. Skill can never entirely close the gap between stat superiority, and vice versa.

Ferrothorn, Krookodile and Kingdra are the only two im willing to change on this team. The others I like faaaar too much. Sheer Force gets nulled if a move doesnt haver an ability that would effect the opponent??? Wtf... Thats a rip, my friend... Completely.... Ugh... Whats the point of it then... Oh well. Ill work out a different moveset for my feathery friend then.

This variant of Arcanine has always worked well for me before with picking things up mid to late game, or just putting enough of a dent into something for one of my sweepers to set up. Hes always come through for me before, and im not willing to let him go that easily. And yea, ill go with the Wild Charge over Grass knot, which will make him mostly Physical instead of Special anywas save for Overheat.

Serperior im keeping as is. I wanna see how well this will or will not work, and yes CK I will let u know how it goes glad to spark your interest lol.

Ferrothorn I might keep and change how you suggested... Not sure yet.... Gotta rethink this one.

YOU DIDN'T LIKE STARAPTOR?!?! D=

Well, that's every poke's individual analysis done. Time for the team analysis! :D

... Damn, it feels good to be doing this again.

From a typing perspective, you're doing pretty good, really. You've got plenty of resists, and aren't going triple on any weakness; EXCEPT Ice. With Arcanine your only resist to it, Water types going Water/Ice for coverage could really give this team trouble. At least you have some nice Water resists though, which means Rain Dance teams aren't going to straight-up wreck you. And let me tell ya, they're a legitimate threat in BW OU. Dangerous.

However, the worst flaw in this team, is being powerless against fighting types. You have two weaknesses to fighting. A common priority move in Mach Punch, and common power-moves like Close Combat mean your main sweeper and your only wall are just moments away from getting owned. My Terrakion could just rampage through this team with Banded Close Combat, and there'd be nothing you could do, since none of your pokemon outspeed it. Arcanine would die just to prevent it from destroying your entire team via intimidate, and then you'd be open to being swept by it yet again. Not having fighting resists is a death wish in BW OU, but also having weaknesses to it at the same time is suicide. You need something that a stop-all to every fighting type, simply put. This is the team's only glaring weak point that could be spotted off the bat via Team Preview, but it sure as hell is a terrible weakness, and one that's easy to take advantage of.

As for the team's overall strength, your BST crammed together would be poor, no doubt. Never does this mean your team is garbage, but it's a problem. You don't have a defensive pokemon besides Ferrothorn, you don't have any speed demons to be an emergency stop to a sweep or to sweep with, and your offensive stats, aside from Braviary and (offensive) Serperior, are alright. But if offensive stats are the only stats to be your strong point, you need more speed to back it up, IMO. So, this team is good. The problem, is that it'd be good in UU, IMO. Good synergy, nice typing and all, but aside from Ferrothorn (and if any of these are also banned in UU), I feel like Gen 5 OU is just gonna ravage this team. Skill can never entirely close the gap between stat superiority, and vice versa.

Understood. I was gonna come up with something more to overcome the fighters other than just Braviary, but I havent found anything yet, not really... I was thinking of putting Whimsicott on here, but I dont wanna triple up my Fire Weakness with only my single resist, unless I were to double up the resists with something like a DD variant of Gyarados... That might work quite well actually...

If Sheer Force canceled all the effects of any moves, we'd be ****ing doomed, lol. No LO recoil on all moves means with this ability, that's a boost comparable to a choice band, with the freedom to change moves. And moves like Superpower would simply be broken; a huge boost without any drawback on a 120 BP move? ****ing hell, lol.

This variant of Arcanine has always worked well for me before with picking things up mid to late game, or just putting enough of a dent into something for one of my sweepers to set up. Hes always come through for me before, and im not willing to let him go that easily. And yea, ill go with the Wild Charge over Grass knot, which will make him mostly Physical instead of Special anywas save for Overheat.

Understood. I was gonna come up with something more to overcome the fighters other than just Braviary, but I havent found anything yet, not really... I was thinking of putting Whimsicott on here, but I dont wanna triple up my Fire Weakness with only my single resist, unless I were to double up the resists with something like a DD variant of Gyarados... That might work quite well actually...

Just remember that this isn't Gen 4 anymore. UU pokes in Gen 4 could hold their own with proper usage in Gen 4 OU, but Gen 4 UUs are going to get crushed in Gen 5 OU. Arcanine's a glass cannon without the cannon, so yeah, careful with it.

Braviary doesn't resist fighting, and without significant defensive investment, it's not going to weather too many fighting moves. It can force switches on slower fighters, but slower pokemon means more powerful hits for Braviary to deal with, so it's in no way a counter. "OHKO the opposition" can never be considered a definite counter if they can just switch out. So yeah, you'll definitely need a good wall or bulky supporter/attacker to handle them fightin' types, IMO.

I'm going to create a team, but need suggestions. Here it is:
Dragonite (Dragon, flying)
Tyranitar (Rock, dark)
Milotic (Water)
Alakazam (Physic)
Weavile (Ice, dark)
Electivire (Electric)

This is my current idea, but please come with suggestions (with reasons!), also with moveset and nature if you can. I don't have Pokemon Black or White yet, but you can give me suggestions from those games too, 'cause I'm going to buy it :yesnod:

- Crobat -

Infiltrator

Modest

Salac Berry

EV's: 128 Spd, 130 SpAtk, 252 Def

- Heat Wave

- Giga Drain

- Sludge Bomb

- Nasty Plot

This is my favorite variant I have created of a Lead Crobat. Fast, and surprising with Special attack. Infiltrator means Crobat bypasses Barrier, Reflect, Light Screen, and Safeguard, which means no more problems will WallZong's. The only priority move Crobat need to fear is Ice Shard, which ive calculated the proper EV's into defense that this variant of Crobat can survive one, sometimes two, from an Adamant Natured Mamoswine. Mamo is the strongest user of Ice Shard, and this bat can take it and, more importantly dish back a OHKO in the form of either Heat Wave OR Giga Drain. Though Giga Drain is often shunned on those without a STAB boost for it, ive dumped the neccessary EV's into SpAtk that, with a single Nasty Plot boost, allows this bat to OHKO every Rock and Ground type that get sent out to stop him. Sludge Bomb is for STAB on Psychics and others still opposing a threat to my bat. Also, He has plenty of Speed, but if my calculations are right, with the EV's I have invested into speed and the boost from Salac Berry, this bat will outspeed all base 100 and lower Choice Scarf Users. My version of Crobat redefines the phrase, "Bat Outta Hell."

- Gyarados -

Intimidate

Adamant

Leftovers

EV's: 252 Def, 120 SpDef, 140 HP

- Waterfall

- Bounce

- Thunder Wave

- Dragon Tail

A strange version of Gyarados? No, I dont think so. Im gonna call this a Phase-Dos. Waterfall and Bounce for STAB, why not? T-Wave on the obvious switch that willl come when I bring this bad boy out against a physical sweeper, banded or not. Either T-Wave or Dragon Tail on the switch, really piss them off dealing some damage and forcing them to switch out whatever "counter" counter they may have for this. The EV spread combined with Intimidate has made this Gyarados a very formidable, if not obvious, wall. Leftovers for this wall are essential, keep him alive as long as possible to put a stop to sweepers and to phase them out via T-Wave or Dragon Tail.

- Serperior -

Contrary

Modest

Light Clay

EV's: 252 SpAtk, 252 HP, 6 Spd

- Leaf Storm

- Reflect

- Light Screen

- Dragon Tail

Same Reason for the Serp as before.

- Scrafty -

Intimidate

Adamant

Leichi Berry

EV's: 252 Atk, 252 HP, 6 Def

- Fake Out

- Drain Punch

- Ice Punch

- Crunch

Scrafty is a beast. Quite difficult to KO... Especially with the EV spread I have given. His Attacks are strong, effective, and if they cannot get the job done, Leichi will make up for it. Fake Out has always been an annoyance, but is far more useful in this gen with the Sturdy abilitiy becoming more and more popular, allowing those usual OHKO Rock/Ground types to make their comeback and smack down those unsuspecting of it. This set cleans up the trash, which is what Scrafty always kind of reminded me of. Hes the Garbage man, and here's here to clean up the endgame.

- Golurk -

No Guard

Adamant

Rock Gem

EV's: 252 Atk, 252 HP, 6 SpDef

- Dynamicpunch

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge

- Facade

Golurk is an aesthetic choice, at best. Hes Ground/Ghost, thats amazing. He makes up as an intercept to my Electric weaknesses on the team in the form of Crobat and Gyarados. No Guard and 252 Atk EV's means hes going to hit... Hard. Rock Gem to boost Stone Edge just in case of any unfriendly Mence or Gyara sweepers trying to wreck my team. He boasts 3 immunities, something I cant rightfully turn down.

- Swampert -

Torrent

Adamant

Leftovers

EV's: 252 Atk, 140 Def, 120 SpDef

- Earthquake

- Waterfall

- Endeavor

- Protect

Swampert.... Just an awesome poke. No special setting for him, just to absorb attacks, stay alive, and weaken the opposing team enough for my other members to pick them off one at a time. Two STABs and Endeavor just for safety reasons, this Pert can absorb some hits. Immunity to electric is another up for my Gyara and Bat.

Overall, I think this team has some good synergy. It works well, and kind of catches the opponent offguard in situations that, in 4th Gen would have been obvious to solve, but now 5th Gen makes it possible to pull the rabbit outta the hat, so to speak.

Ready for review.

I'm going to create a team, but need suggestions. Here it is:
Dragonite (Dragon, flying)
Tyranitar (Rock, dark)
Milotic (Water)
Alakazam (Physic)
Weavile (Ice, dark)
Electivire (Electric)

This is my current idea, but please come with suggestions (with reasons!), also with moveset and nature if you can. I don't have Pokemon Black or White yet, but you can give me suggestions from those games too, 'cause I'm going to buy it :yesnod:

The best possible recommendation I could give, is to play through Black/White first, and see if you're interested in any of Gen 5's new pokemon. =P Gen 5 has plenty of great new pokemon, many of which can dwarf pokemon like Electivire or Milotic in how good they are with relative ease. Can't make a team for a new generation of pokemon without playing that generation first, right? :thumbsup:

Also, if you want some serious advice towards movesets and the like, you'll need to make some movesets of your own first. This thread's for rating teams, getting advice for a team you've already put together, or just posting your team for the sake of it, bragging rights and such. Not to help you build from scratch, step-by-step. So if ya wouldn't mind, could ya make a rough draft of what movesets your teams would have? Then I'd be happy to help ya. =)

- Crobat -

Infiltrator

Modest

Salac Berry

EV's: 128 Spd, 130 SpAtk, 252 Def

- Heat Wave

- Giga Drain

- Sludge Bomb

- Nasty Plot

This is my favorite variant I have created of a Lead Crobat. Fast, and surprising with Special attack. Infiltrator means Crobat bypasses Barrier, Reflect, Light Screen, and Safeguard, which means no more problems will WallZong's. The only priority move Crobat need to fear is Ice Shard, which ive calculated the proper EV's into defense that this variant of Crobat can survive one, sometimes two, from an Adamant Natured Mamoswine. Mamo is the strongest user of Ice Shard, and this bat can take it and, more importantly dish back a OHKO in the form of either Heat Wave OR Giga Drain. Though Giga Drain is often shunned on those without a STAB boost for it, ive dumped the neccessary EV's into SpAtk that, with a single Nasty Plot boost, allows this bat to OHKO every Rock and Ground type that get sent out to stop him. Sludge Bomb is for STAB on Psychics and others still opposing a threat to my bat. Also, He has plenty of Speed, but if my calculations are right, with the EV's I have invested into speed and the boost from Salac Berry, this bat will outspeed all base 100 and lower Choice Scarf Users. My version of Crobat redefines the phrase, "Bat Outta Hell."

Well ****, Storm. Bro, you're going all out with this, I can tell. :lol: Regardless of the team's viability, I can tell you've put some serious time and thought into this. For that alone, respect. But onto the review!

This Crobat is inventive, I'll give ya that much. But I personally imagine some serious problems with this set. First of all, what's the point of the lead? No hazards, it doesn't have the intent of stopping other hazards from going up via taunt (and considering your "phase-dos" is a wintastic bulky supporter, rocks getting up is real bad for it), and it doesn't pack the punch to do serious damage, unless it's one of them Rock/Grounds you want dead, lol. Problem is, if you're going to run into a Rock/Ground lead, it's either going to be somethin' bulky like TTar or Terrakion, or something with Sturdy. Either pokemon will either trash your Crobat, and/or get their job done as a lead. Those odd EVs give it poor bulk regardless, and take away the most important reason to use it; it's speed. In my opinion, you should simply go 252 Sp. A/Spe, dump the last 6 in whatever, and throw on a focus sash. You don't need to waste EVs on this frail thing to survive said Ice Shards or whatever, but it also lets you survive a bone-grinding Stone Edge, or an Ice Beam or somethin'. You also get more bang for your buck in that Crobat's speed is back to full, and it'l hit a lot harder.

One last thing; Nasty Plot really doesn't have a place here. Stat-up moves on a lead are almost-always a bad idea, especially if that lead isn't going to be kept safe until sweeping later on. Crobat doesn't have the power to NP sweep unless you seriously weaken the other team, and because of his poor bulk/his EV-increased bulk letting him survive a dangerous attack ONLY once, priority can off 'em when he tries to sweep. Or a scarf'er is just gonna come in and batter 'em. Nasty Plot has no place there, IMO.

There is one great move to replace with NP, though; Tailwind. Tied with Aerodactyl, Crobat has the fastest non-priority (Tornadus and Whimsicott =P) Tailwind. And since it now lasts 4 turns this Gen (which is 3 turns to abuse the speed boost), it's viable. Not game-breaking unless you're playing 4v4 Doubles, but it definitely has more uses than NP.

- Gyarados -

Intimidate

Adamant

Leftovers

EV's: 252 Def, 120 SpDef, 140 HP

- Waterfall

- Bounce

- Thunder Wave

- Dragon Tail

A strange version of Gyarados? No, I dont think so. Im gonna call this a Phase-Dos. Waterfall and Bounce for STAB, why not? T-Wave on the obvious switch that willl come when I bring this bad boy out against a physical sweeper, banded or not. Either T-Wave or Dragon Tail on the switch, really piss them off dealing some damage and forcing them to switch out whatever "counter" counter they may have for this. The EV spread combined with Intimidate has made this Gyarados a very formidable, if not obvious, wall. Leftovers for this wall are essential, keep him alive as long as possible to put a stop to sweepers and to phase them out via T-Wave or Dragon Tail.

I'm gonna complain about those Sp. D EVs, first of all. Why're they there? >_> This set is an awesome stopper to fighting types, actually. Waterfall and T-wave make pokemon like Terrakion want to cry, and Intimidate will make fighting types want to switch even if they have Stone Edge; unless they predict the switch, and 'Edge you when Gyara comes in. I think those Sp. Def EVs won't be too useful, and are better put in HP for more lefties recovery, and better ability to counter physical pokes that Intimidate lets you do.

Also, Bounce is... meh. You're not gonna hit a Fighting or Grass type with it, and it's only useful on a particular Sweeping set. I'm not even sure if said set works in Gen 5 regardless, so... yeah. Instead, I'd recommend running Ice Fang or EQ for coverage; EQ is just a great move, and Ice Fang has great coverage synergy with Water moves (Waterfall, of course), although with Dragon Tail may be all you would need Ice Fang for, since it hits Dragons for only 10 BP less, and has that awesome forced switch ability. Water/Dragon is a formidable coverage duo, as Palkia would wholeheartedly agree. So really, it's entirely up to you for what to replace Bounce with, or keep it as is. I just don't see any good opportunities to use Bounce, and get anything good out of it.

- Serperior -

Contrary

Modest

Light Clay

EV's: 252 SpAtk, 252 HP, 6 Spd

- Leaf Storm

- Reflect

- Light Screen

- Dragon Tail

Same Reason for the Serp as before.

=D

- Scrafty -

Intimidate

Adamant

Leichi Berry

EV's: 252 Atk, 252 HP, 6 Def

- Fake Out

- Drain Punch

- Ice Punch

- Crunch

Scrafty is a beast. Quite difficult to KO... Especially with the EV spread I have given. His Attacks are strong, effective, and if they cannot get the job done, Leichi will make up for it. Fake Out has always been an annoyance, but is far more useful in this gen with the Sturdy abilitiy becoming more and more popular, allowing those usual OHKO Rock/Ground types to make their comeback and smack down those unsuspecting of it. This set cleans up the trash, which is what Scrafty always kind of reminded me of. Hes the Garbage man, and here's here to clean up the endgame.

Scrafty has neat typing and is suprisingly bulky, but ending the endgame isn't his job. He doesn't have the speed to do it, or the raw power to smash through, either. But this set has some great functionality besides cleaning up late-game, though. Slap on leftovers, abuse Drain Punch and Fake Out, and this thing is just obnoxiously bulky. Ambipom was a pain in the ass last gen with a seriously powerful Fake Out and U-turn, but with this thing's staying power, it'l be just as ragetastic. Drain Punch and Fake Out do decent damage, Crunch and Ice Punch definitely have nice coverage, and with Drain Punch's recovery and the extra turn Fake Out gives for lefties recovery, it's bulk while dealing damage is awesome. So long as you can clear out enemy fighting types, this thing could definitely be an obnoxious sunovabitch. Intimidate is just the icing on the cake, too. A cool set indeed.

So long as you add lefties. =P Just remember that if it's an Atk/Sp. A boosting berry, the pokemon needs speed to take advantage of it, not bulk. And vice verse, a pokemon needs very high Atk or good bulk to use a Salac effectively.

- Golurk -

No Guard

Adamant

Rock Gem

EV's: 252 Atk, 252 HP, 6 SpDef

- Dynamicpunch

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge

- Facade

Golurk is an aesthetic choice, at best. Hes Ground/Ghost, thats amazing. He makes up as an intercept to my Electric weaknesses on the team in the form of Crobat and Gyarados. No Guard and 252 Atk EV's means hes going to hit... Hard. Rock Gem to boost Stone Edge just in case of any unfriendly Mence or Gyara sweepers trying to wreck my team. He boasts 3 immunities, something I cant rightfully turn down.

Golurk is a cool pokemon; I just wish it was at least Physically bulky. Otherwise, it's sort of an inferior Machamp, since the key move of the set; Dynamic Punch; lacks STAB. I'm glad you're using it for it's typing and not raw power, since that's the only way Golurk is any better than Machamp.

However, it's moveset needs work. You're not making use of it's Ghost STAB. Facade < Shadow Punch. Ground and Fighting have 99% redundant coverage together, even if Earthquake gets STAB over Dynamic Punch. Running Stone Edge alongside those 2 moves makes it even more herpaderp. If you really want to abuse STAB, you're better off using Machamp and firing off Banded Dynamic Punches like a crazed Mike Tyson. If you want still want to use Golurk, EQ needs to go, IMO.

... Is what I would say, if Golurk had a better offensive movepool, lol. You won't be fighting many Poison or Electric types that're weak to Ground in OU, and less that would for some god-forsaken reason switch into Golurk, so EQ will seldom be the better move over Dynamic Punch. I'm saddened this cool poke doesn't have anything better for coverage than EQ. =/

Anywho, Rock Gem is a no-no. Gems are almost useless in non-4v4/3v3 environments, and especially on a pokemon that's slow and kinda bulky like Golurk. An item to get more mileage, like a Choice Band or a much more effective 1-off item like a Red Card would be better used. Red Card could force some funky things, actually; when their counter comes in and can't OHKO Golurk (not much can with a Band or Specs boost, or the like), they're forced to switch, and you can Dynamic Punch whatever comes in. Because of confusion and most likely bad luck, they'l have to switch again; but you'll get a free shot at their counter on that switch, so if it got in by resistances or immunity before, it won't be doing that again.

Theorymon aside, I'd recommend a Band, personally. But really, anything but a Rock Gem, lol.

- Swampert -

Torrent

Adamant

Leftovers

EV's: 252 Atk, 140 Def, 120 SpDef

- Earthquake

- Waterfall

- Endeavor

- Protect

Swampert.... Just an awesome poke. No special setting for him, just to absorb attacks, stay alive, and weaken the opposing team enough for my other members to pick them off one at a time. Two STABs and Endeavor just for safety reasons, this Pert can absorb some hits. Immunity to electric is another up for my Gyara and Bat.

Swampert's time is past, IMO. Ferrothorn are everywhere and counter him like nothin', his great bulk is now just "good", as well as his once-underestimated attack power now being average. He doesn't grab enough resistances to stand up to this fierce metagame IMO, and as a tank's roll, I feel like he doesn't have a place in OU anymore.

Of course, if the only reason to spur you from using him is the most common pokemon to this day counters him 100%, let's make that 100% counter theorem moot. ;D

Simply put, if you give 'Pert a choice band with Max Atk and Adamant, Superpower 2HKO's Ferrothorn. Pay attention to team preview, and if you see that their best and especially only good switch into Swampert is Ferrothorn, Superpower for massive damage, around 64-76% Max HP. This is a calc for Max Def and Max HP Ferrothorn, too, so that's saying somethin'. After the Atk drop via Superpower, you still do 43%+ damage. So even if you somehow got minimum damage on both attacks and counting a turn of lefties, it's a guarenteed 2HKO. Unless they switch it out, Ferrothorn's as good as dead.

Of course, if you band your Golurk, you've got something even better and stronger to utterly smash Ferrothorn with, so... yeah. Banded Dynamic Punch from Golurk 2HKOs Ferro guarenteed. Golurk easily outspeeds all Ferro's, too.

Also, there's no real good reason to run Protect. Stone Edge, Avalanche, Stealth Rock (which this team would love to have a lead for), Yawn... Protect just has no real point other than to scout the move a Choiced pokemon is gonna use. And considering Rocks and Yawn can disable pokemon on their own, and Stone Edge/Avalanche can get some opposing issues out of the way, Protect just isn't very good. Even with lefties recovery.

Overall, I think this team has some good synergy. It works well, and kind of catches the opponent offguard in situations that, in 4th Gen would have been obvious to solve, but now 5th Gen makes it possible to pull the rabbit outta the hat, so to speak.

Ready for review.

I feel like I rambled on too much on this review... Ah well. Onto the typing and the like.

You've clearly remedied the previous weakness issues, lol. But with old problems solved, come new ones in tow. You don't have a dragon weakness, but you don't have a single Steel type either. Gyarados can Dragon Tail opponents out only so many times, and Serperior isn't exactly bulky enough to do the same thing against something that's DDing. Any Dragon type can DD up and Outrage you with almost-little worry, or just fire off a Draco Meteor and pummel your pokemon into submission time and again. Ferrothorn prevented this from being problematic; but with it gone, Dragons are waiting to devour your entire team.

Of course, many dragons have a Fire move to handle Ferro, so I wouldn't recommend him as your Steel of choice. Regardless of whether or not you add a Steel back to the team to prevent Dragon clean-sweeps, I'd highly recommend placing it over Swampert. You've got a better bulky Water type in Gyarados, and Golurk has STAB Earthquake, and much higher Atk to abuse it. Swampert also adds just one good resist in Fire, Electric already handled by Serperior and Golurk, and Rock, Steel, and Poison being things a Steel type can handle fine. So in terms of typing, Swampert adds nothing to the team at all, and is the best candidate to be replaced for something else. Namely, a Steel type.

Your only other problem is your massive 3x Ice weakness. I can see why you fear Mamoswine's Ice Shard. However, a recommended Steel helps solve this problem (superficially; Mamo's EQ is something to fear indeed), and there're plenty of better leads than Crobat which aren't weak to Ice, it's easy to patch up. STAB Ice is hardly something to worry about, either. Rocks isn't as common as before, but with Mach Punch and fighting types everywhere, Ice types are still uncommon in OU. Of course, just watch out for sweepers using Ice Beam, and have at least one resist to it, since as of now, you have none.

Also, even for a balanced team, this team is a bit slow. The amount of bulk and power the team has helps off-set this weakness, but if any pokemon with really high speed or a move like Dragon Dance sets up, you're in serious trouble. Without lethal priority or a instant-stop to some of the most popular stat-up sweepers, you'll need to make every move count, and above all, prevent sweepers from setting up. Hyper-offensive teams like my usual ones could potentially pick this team apart. This isn't a fatal flaw like your last team, but just something to play very cautiously around. Dragon Tail Gyarados can't counter every threat you encounter; namely, special threats.

If only there was an ability that was intimidate for Sp. A... =/

Anywho, your team's typing has some good synergy and defensive core capabilities, and some key resistances; just handle your Dragon and Ice problem with a single new pokemon, and this team's definitely a threat in OU. It's a B-team for OU standards, but B-teams can be all the more deadly through surprise factors, and being underestimated in general. This is a much better team than your previous edition, no doubt about that. Nicely done. :thumbsup: A good team that could be even better.

I can't wait to crush it. :3

Back