What's your pokemon team?

And so does my Azelf. :lol: I think I mentioned the Entei-Rotom thing before?

Rotom's legendary, right? He's actually pretty weak though, he's just a scrappy little UU poke. Even with his new formes, he probably wouldn't break BL, an average OU at best.

The same goes for Entei. He actually has a very high HP and attack stat - but they cap lower than a lot of OU pokes. His movepool is also terrible, he's legendary, but he's crap. Being one of a kind/legendary doesn't mean much. Think about it. Not all pokes are created equal, and certainly not all legendaries. If a legendary is in OU(or an even lower tier), it's definatly a fair poke.

You could also think about it this way. Some legendaries are UU, BL, OU, and uber, right? The same goes for regular pokes. So they have one thing in common - no one category of pokemon is filled with only good pokes. Hating all legendaries because they're uber is like hating all OU pokemon because they aren't UU. Pretty simple, yeah?

You really have no way of knowing if they even carry one.
Besides, your team screams for a Heatran, Brizer. It'll turn your fire weakness into a fire vacuum with flash fire. Just like with tbolts and Electivire, but not really.

Last edited:
I already said I can't back up my feelings with actual logic or evidence...let me be ignorant and annoying just this once? :p

Are there any Heatran-like pokes that work as well? And who would I take out for it?

As in flash fire users? Not many. You could try Ninetales, but she's fragile, and not very powerfull.
Give Weezing and Vaporeon some thought.

Last edited:
What about Arcanine? hes got Flash Fire and good Defense? Not sure for his Sp Defense. Plus hes a strong attacker. what do you think Fox?

Arcanine's Stats
L100 Wild Trained Base
Min Max Min Max
HP
290 321 353 384 90
Attack
= 225 256 288 319 110
Defense
= 165 196 228 259 80
Speed
= 195 226 258 289 95
Sp. Atk
= 205 236 268 299 100
Sp. Def
= 165 196 228 259 80
Total *
1245 1431 1623 1809 555
These stats are all shown with a Neutral Nature and at Level 100.

courtesy of pokemon.marriland.com

Last edited:
I already have a lvl 100 Shiny Arcanine thats a total beast on my other legitimate competitive team. :D

I have heard Weezing is excellent, but what makes it so great, and who would I replace for him, if i decided to take that route?

My team? Well, here it is. All of them are around lv. 80, and they would have been higher if I hadnt lost the game.

Torrterra
Gallade
Gyrados
Blissey
Drapion
Drifblim

Ill say what I can remember.

Torrtera:
Earthquake
Rock Climb

Gallade:
Psycho Cut
Leaf Blade
Swords Dance

Blissey:
Softboiled
Flamethrower
Hyper Beam

Drapion:
X-scissor
Cross Poison
Thunderfang

Gyrados:
Surf
Waterfall
Avalanche

Drifblim:
Shadow Ball
Cut
Defog
Fly

I regret teaching some of those HMs, especially Defog.

? you know you can just go to Canalave City and go to the Move Deleters house, right?

Ohhh...you mean you actually lost the game, i thought you meant you lost to the game. That sucks man.

i don't think that way. i just think that in a competitive match its unfair unless there using a few as well. in story though, my team carries a legendary for a good part of it.

Wat. So that would justify any reasoning in using Garchomp perhaps? If anything, I would consider Garchomp to a 'legendary' status, same would apply to Milotic due to their elusiveness overall.

I'm still having a hard time comprehending under what fathomable thought that the idea of being 'legendary' would reduce the overall effectiveness of a team in a mental state. That would be the equivalent of saying I'm not going to use legendary Pokemon, but I do intend on using a team composed of Garchomp / Wobbufett / Blissey / Wobbuffett / Garchomp / Garchomp. If you ask me, Blissey is looked down upon more than using something like Uxie or Mesprit.

Another instance, you are basically saying it's only fair if the other person is using legends also. So would it be fair game if the opponent used a team composed of Phione / Mesprit / Entei / Articuno / Moltres / (normal form) Deoxys, while you used a team composed of Kyogre / Groudon / Mewtwo / Darkrai / Giratina / Palkia.

Lastly, it's been expressed there's no reasoning in being against it. If in school, the teacher said 1+1=2, but you still felt that 1+1=1, would you stick with it?

Yeah, I know I can't change your minds regardless, but just some food for thought. And if I recall correctly, Arcanine was contemplated 'legendary' in the first gen.

On the topic of Arcanine, 80 base defense doesn't warrant 'good' defense. Those calculations given were applied when you pour 252 EVs in each stat. Unless you go for a defensive Arcanine, which is not advised usually, only then would you get that 'good' number. In reality, you may be looking at 130-ish defense. Also, Arcanine has awful typing to play a defensive roll. It's fair in terms of offense, but his team already has powerhouse Pokemon. At the most, it would just be revenge killing which Mamoswine and Scizor easily does anyways.

So overall, Arcanine is good in it's own right, but not best suited for his team. Unless you played insane with predictions, Intimidate Arcanine would probably fare better than Flash Fire Arcanine.

@Brizer-
Weezing is a great physical wall and a pain in Blissey's side.
Will-o-Wisp
Pain Split
Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Sludge Bomb
Haze/Explosion
This is a good route to take and barring Tbolt/S.bomb and explosion, it's the Weezing I use with great success.
Will-o-Wisp is a crippling pain in anyones side and is Weezings healing move (albeit no a VERY reliable one, but good none the less considering Weezing's HP).
Gyara/Chomp/Electivire, anything without Guts on the physical side hates being burned as it cuts their attacking power.
The third move slot is really just there for filler moves so that he isnt defenseless.
Haze is for pokes trying to set up SDs and DDs on you. Mind you not to attempt to stop Gallade or the odd Metagross w/Zen Headbutt.
Explosion would be for Blissey to put a big dent in the fat ***** as long as you have someone else to deal with her, but generally is a bad idea compared to Haze since Weezing can stall her well by burning her and pain spliting that massive HP.

Use Weezing in Tangrowth's stead. I know you like him but he's a real hindrance on this team. There's no reason you can't use him on another team.

Back