What's your pokemon team?

Just because your poke evolves late doesn't mean it won't get all it's rightful stat boosts via base stats, Shadow. I used to think the same, but some pokes in competitive enviorments need to wait to evolve in order to learn a pre evolution move, i.e. Chimchar and Nasty Plot for a sweeper Infernape. They still retain what their EVs and IVs and their final forms stats would be, though.

It's not possible that it "doesn't work that way" for you guys. There are stat calculators out there that work because it's all based on math equations. A pokemon evolving later than another of the same species, IVs, EVs and nature will have the same stats 100% of the time.

It's just that I cloned a Pikachu. Turned 1 into a Raichu and left the other Pikachu till it was 20 levels higher. Don't remember exact stats but the Pikachu was was about 30 stats lower on each catagory. Maybe it was the cloning that did it but I don't know.

It's just that I cloned a Pikachu. Turned 1 into a Raichu and left the other Pikachu. Don't remember exact stats but the Pikachu was was about 30 stats lower on each catagory. Maybe it was the cloning that did it but I don't know.

Lol, no that's because Raichu is fully evolved and Pikachu isn't. Raichu and Pikachu aren't the same species and thus have different base stats. They are just in the same evolution chain.

Well, I dunno what you mean by that, but let's use your Pikachu example. So you have a Pikachu and a Raichu, which were once clones. They still have the same IVs and nature and let's assume they still have the same EVs. You train the Pikachu 20 levels or whatever higher than the Raichu. Now you evolve the Pikachu and have two Raichus. You raise the lower level Raichu to the same level as the other, and they will have the same stats. Evolving later will never hinder your stats.

Edit: If you want some hard proof without having to clone, try saving before a pokemon is about to evolve, let it evolve, check its stats, and reset. Have it evolve a little later, check its stats at the same level, and see that they are the same.

Last edited:
? If you evolve a pokemon at one point, then evolve another at a later level, assuming they both get raised to the same level, they will have the same stat boosts, voiding Natures that is.

It's just that I cloned a Pikachu. Turned 1 into a Raichu and left the other Pikachu till it was 20 levels higher. Don't remember exact stats but the Pikachu was was about 30 stats lower on each catagory. Maybe it was the cloning that did it but I don't know.

you guys took out part of his quote. and i remember this. he was trying to prove me wrong just like you guys are now. he raised them exactly the same(pending one evolving 20 lvls later) and the one the evolved late was much weaker. and this was Emerald.

Take for example a rather unique pokemon, Scizor.
Syther has a base attack and speed of 100, not bad.
Scizor has a base attack of 130 BUT a base speed of 65.

This is a real good example here, of stats being calculated from EV, IV, and Base stat...

HP stat = ((IV + 2 * Base + (EV/4)) * Level/100) + 10 + Level

Other stats = [((IV + 2 * Base + (EV/4)) * Level/100) + 5] * Nature

When a syther evolves into scizor, its speed decreases because of the change of the base stat, not based on what its stat was before. The IV's and EV's of course, remain the same.

Damn, I missed the chance to look impressive with an equasion...
Building a team atm.

Revised Team (Involves Sinnoh Pokemon and Attacks)
1.Charizard
Flamethrower
Focus Blast
Earthquake
Dragon Pulse

2.Salamence
Stone Edge
Dragon Rush
Fly
Steel Wing

3.Absol
Psycho Cut
Sucker Punch

4.Heracross
Megahorn
Earthquake
Shadow Claw
Stone Edge

5.Lucario
Aura Sphere
Earthquake
Psychic
Flash Cannon

6.Magmotar
Fire Blast
Focus Blast
Thunder Bolt
Psychic
Hopfully I did good this time but rate with truth any way.

Last edited:
Back