ask a cop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ya I learned alright. Don't get involved and I wont have any problems should have just walked away from the whole situation like everyone else in this city.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
can i hurt you? possibly. do i want to hurt you? not as of yet ;)

thats BS and a half :mad: if someone was attacking me id attack back. its self defense here in the US. what would happen if i went to the UK and someone mugged me and i attacked them? US laws allow us to protect ourselves.

hopefully no one will mugg you or hurt you
there ottoman happy? you got a picture of the hottness that is prinny :lol:

Theres also a dumb law about if your a black belt/expert
you have got to say "I'M a black belt" 3 times before retaliating
And people wonder why I dont stay in the same MA school to BB level

People have tryed it before
Its mostly in groups
I just chin the one in front (the others tend to freak out)
There was this one time that some one jumped me from behind with his mates to bad he forgot about my arms I elbowed him in the ribs he let go then I spun around to take out his mates they ran
(aso pulling a knife on me dont do **** ive been stabed before it hurts but not at first)

One more pic

Last edited:
There's some pretty weird self-defence laws around... Apparently here in Australia if a criminal comes into your house and they trip over something or hurt themselves, they can sue you! I'm sorry but I fail to see the logic...

Anyways, onto my question for LC: What made you want to become a police officer? What was the deciding factor? What made you get up one day and say "yes I will protect and serve"? I'm interested because I've contemplated joining the police force myself.

Although my faith in our police system here in Western Australia has wavered alot I'd like to think I could do some good and do something to better the society we live in. Then again, this could just be the "dumb rookie" attitude of wishful thinking kicking in, I do think it would be an interesting line of work and I would really like to make this place a better place to live, then again I don't know if I could handle doing the whole crash scene thing and scraping people off the pavement, investigating murders and shootings etc, I think it would take a pretty major tole on ones own personal morals and ethical standings, you must be pretty strong.

I do believe it is somewhat over-glorified through television shows and video games, hence they would probably not be an accurate reflection on what the work is really like, so I would really like to know what your aforementioned reasonings were. Thanks for your time LC! Hope this post made sense!

wow, too much for me, I think we should just keep in mind you need to be carefull. The cops, (weather theyr busy at the moment or not) cant always help you, and you should always keep precautions and just EXPECT that there will never be a cop around when you need them and always be ready for anything you may incounter when you go somewhere. The cops here are WAY to smug, not sayin all cops are, but they are here, and the dont really care about keeping the community safe, but more about talking to other cops about theyr "day" and, well, theyr just stupid here. Point is, you just cant count on cops, thats all. No offense Loosey! :)

Ezekiel86 said:
There's some pretty weird self-defence laws around... Apparently here in Australia if a criminal comes into your house and they trip over something or hurt themselves, they can sue you! I'm sorry but I fail to see the logic...
Its the same over here
if wii catch them in the act we cant do anything
All wii can do is call the police (who then turn up hours later)

The laws on he side of the offender no the deffender

Darkprinny said:
Its the same over here

Correct-O

As if someone in Manc will stay still for the Police to arrive LMAO! Although don't rob a house in Mosside. They got Guns YO! and if they shoot you you can't appear in Court you'll be dead xD

I has weaponds in every room
No guns becuase im samurai

ok this is a long one but all of your questions are answered :)

Darkprinny said:
Theres also a dumb law about if your a black belt/expert
you have got to say "I'M a black belt" 3 times before retaliating
And people wonder why I dont stay in the same MA school to BB level

People have tryed it before
Its mostly in groups
I just chin the one in front (the others tend to freak out)
There was this one time that some one jumped me from behind with his mates to bad he forgot about my arms I elbowed him in the ribs he let go then I spun around to take out his mates they ran
(aso pulling a knife on me dont do **** ive been stabed before it hurts but not at first)

why 3 times? one should be more than sufficient? well if something were to happen, say im off duty and i go to my bfs house. on the way to my bfs house i see a person who is in the process of being held up. i MUST IDENTIFY MYSELF AS A POLICE OFFICER BEFORE DRAWING MY GUN! once that is done, i may properly assist in apprehending the criminal and guarding the victom to saftey.

in a civilian instance, you must never apprehend anyone in case they are harmed and dangerous. you never know what people are capable of. i believe in self defense so if i were in prinnys shoes i would of decked the person who was trying to harm me. unfortunitly your laws are highly messed up.

im sorry you were stabed. i was "stabed too" but it was more cause i was playing with knives and went to flick open a knife that wasnt ment to be "flicked" and sliced the top of my finger pretty badly! the blood made me more worried than the initial sting/pain i had on my ring finger.

bad comparison i know but i hope no one does mess with you prinny or else i gotta take a trip to your neck of the woods and kick some ass

Ezekiel86 said:

Anyways, onto my question for LC: What made you want to become a police officer? What was the deciding factor? What made you get up one day and say "yes I will protect and serve"? I'm interested because I've contemplated joining the police force myself.

Although my faith in our police system here in Western Australia has wavered alot I'd like to think I could do some good and do something to better the society we live in. Then again, this could just be the "dumb rookie" attitude of wishful thinking kicking in, I do think it would be an interesting line of work and I would really like to make this place a better place to live, then again I don't know if I could handle doing the whole crash scene thing and scraping people off the pavement, investigating murders and shootings etc, I think it would take a pretty major tole on ones own personal morals and ethical standings, you must be pretty strong.

I do believe it is somewhat over-glorified through television shows and video games, hence they would probably not be an accurate reflection on what the work is really like, so I would really like to know what your aforementioned reasonings were. Thanks for your time LC! Hope this post made sense!

hmm what made me a cop. well i grew up knowing a lot of cops primarily because of my dad. no my dad was never a cop but he was a frequent drinker or an alcaholic if you will and went to this local bar by my house growing up that had alot of cops who drank and pissed their lives away and they actually were close family friends IE drinking buddies. all ex transit NYPD (there is no longer a transit division, its now called MTA or metro transit)

in any event, i loved hearing stories and watching crime dramas and my VERY FIRST boyfriend (serious one) was a local cop in my neighborhood police department (NYPD is NYC, then nassau county, then suffolk is me, if youve ever seen a map of long island). we dated for 4 years or so and then we broke up due to for one age and irreconciable differences (IE he cheated on me and i didnt want to be with him anymore)

after i broke up with him i didnt want to be a cop anymore but i still did volunteer for the local PD here. my best friend ilana after i broke up with my ex mentioned since i apparently "love cops" i should meet her friend (now my current bf of 4 years as well). he worked in NYC and loved his job doing midnights and i was so excited by NYPD life as opposed to SCPD life. and i wanted to join. so low and behold i took the test and vola, im the woman you see today :)

as for your faith, listen im going to tell you something that a friend once told me. dont let rookie behavior let you down and dont let what old timers f*cked up f*ck you up. basically it means this. because the system is corrupted and you see these cops who think they are untouchable, stay away from them. every department has its renegade or "loose cannon" (hense the name) inwhich you stay away from because they bring trouble. they mess things up and proceedures and ruin it for those rookies with blind ambitions of becomming something big. its unfair that when youre a rookie youre the lowest form of life until you get your 5 year hash mark. dont let it discourage you. i said before that i never had that "punishment" people knew who i was from my bf so i was basically accepted. others, not so much. but because you see a bad seed among us, please dont think we're all like that because we're not. i know cops that would give the shirt off their backs for someone and genuenly mean it without bitching and moaning about it later that they did a good deed.

you can do whatever you want and never let anyone tell you no.

as for bodies and blood and grizzly bonechilling events, count me out i can watch it in movies. the smell you get used to it, the blood yeah its that red and yellow, and the bodies? lets just say they dont make enough metholatum (the stuff you put under your nose at morgues so you dont smell the death stink) its scarey yes but you just gotta do it and sometimes you just dont even notice because its that routine.

movies, tv dont know squat. NYPD blue plays off the hatred of detectives and patrol officers too much which isnt really true. 3rd watch is inaccurate because it isnt to protocall at all and unrealistic to boot. i can go on and on but right now those 2 shows stick out the most. i watch them yes but trust me in the back of my mind im correcting them like crazy. i try to be extreamly optimistic.

however, there is ONE film i refuse to watch and that is the 9-11 film with nicolas cage. im sorry but i dont need that actor telling me how my brothers and sisters of the shield died in the line of duty on the worst day of all our lives.

i hope my "speech" made sense as well but your post was a good one i enjoyed answering it :)

Tails McCloud~ said:
wow, too much for me, I think we should just keep in mind you need to be carefull. The cops, (weather theyr busy at the moment or not) cant always help you, and you should always keep precautions and just EXPECT that there will never be a cop around when you need them and always be ready for anything you may incounter when you go somewhere. The cops here are WAY to smug, not sayin all cops are, but they are here, and the dont really care about keeping the community safe, but more about talking to other cops about theyr "day" and, well, theyr just stupid here. Point is, you just cant count on cops, thats all. No offense Loosey! :)

first off i never find offense with you tails :)

second cops ARE TOO SMUG! youre right you hit the nail on the head and youre also right that we cant always help but we are around and that there are more than just one pair of cops walking around. infact we've got 50 oncall for one night. and if we cant help at that moment in time, you can politely ask for another cop to come down and assist via radiocall.

and maybe the cops are stupid where you are kinda like officer barbrady in colorado lmao usually that happends in the middle of nowhere ;) i was in TN and lemme tell ya those southern boys in blue are uh.....are not the sharpest tool in the shed if you catch my drift

ive seen my fair share

Darkprinny said:
Its the same over here

DO NOT APPREHEND A CRIMINAL ON YOUR OWN ALWAYS DIAL 911 IF YOU SEE SOMETHING!

and youre right, the law is on the side of the offender if you as a 3rd party go to stop them from their act. you attacked the offender which makes YOU the offender and him all of a sudden the defender. insane huh?

also yup there was an incident i wrote about on here i think about the guy who went to rob a house and fell through a glass cieling and sued the home owner! atleast in FL and TX youre allowed to shoot if someone is on your PRIVATE property.

atleast thats the same here in the US

Wii_Smurf said:
Correct-O

As if someone in Manc will stay still for the Police to arrive LMAO! Although don't rob a house in Mosside. They got Guns YO! and if they shoot you you can't appear in Court you'll be dead xD

lol i dont wanna know

Darkprinny said:
I has weaponds in every room
No guns becuase im samurai

i have a sword too from jiu jitsu, my bf got it when he got his 2nd degree black belt. its pretty nice actually.

ssbb_lover said:
Lol, Prinny. I always new you were more old-school. :rolleyes:

nothing wrong with using hands instead of guns. just because my house can arm a 3rd world country (keep in mind the bf is a FIRE ARMS INSTRUCTOR) doesnt mean the rest of yall should have the same thing ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The_Loose_Cannon said:
1......why 3 times? one should be more than sufficient? well if something were to happen, say im off duty and i go to my bfs house. on the way to my bfs house i see a person who is in the process of being held up. i MUST IDENTIFY MYSELF AS A POLICE OFFICER BEFORE DRAWING MY GUN! once that is done, i may properly assist in apprehending the criminal and guarding the victom to saftey.

2......as for bodies and blood and grizzly bonechilling events, count me out i can watch it in movies. the smell you get used to it, the blood yeah its that red and yellow, and the bodies? lets just say they dont make enough metholatum (the stuff you put under your nose at morgues so you dont smell the death stink) its scarey yes but you just gotta do it and sometimes you just dont even notice because its that routine.

3.......DO NOT APPREHEND A CRIMINAL ON YOUR OWN ALWAYS DIAL 999 IF YOU SEE SOMETHING!

i have a sword too from jiu jitsu, my bf got it when he got his 2nd degree black belt. its pretty nice actually.

1...Its a messed up law made by people that haven't experiment a street fight.

2...Im OK tow rads blood and things

3...True

Damn I'm on the door at a local church do this weekend (some car-boot/food thing)
They have had trouble in the past with some idiots trying to nick the door money so I'm there to stop any trouble with out hitting them (it is a church)

I'm nonreligious btw

Darkprinny said:
1...Its a messed up law made by people that haven't experiment a street fight.

2...Im OK tow rads blood and things

3...True

Damn I'm on the door at a local church do this weekend (some car-boot/food thing)
They have had trouble in the past with some idiots trying to nick the door money so I'm there to stop any trouble with out hitting them (it is a church)

I'm nonreligious btw
That's...just a bit strange there Prinny. :tard: Have fun kicking ass...oh wait, you're not allowed to..

So you're the bodyguard who can't guard?

I'd prefer to have Swords than Guns

They so Cooler! -Though not as Effecive. I wouldn't mind this on my Wall
[Except I have little brothers so my Dad wouldn't allow it]

MI-13091_samurai_sword_set_3_pcs.jpg

OH YEAH! GUENNIS ALL AROUND!!!...(you didnt see this Loose Cannon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back