ask a cop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darkprinny said:
Serious question

A mugger trys to jump you what is considered legal for you to do with him (this laws screwd in up the UK)

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

its a matter of self defense and it depends on the circumstances. if someone comes up from behind you and goes to steal your wallet and jewlery or anything, and you have a knife, you may out of self defense USE THAT KNIFE. your intentions are to save yourself from harm but never aim to kill. aim to harm.

of course this is never on your mind when youre being attacked, you want to kill the person whos harming you. what happends though is all up to the courts when your testimate is being taken down. some face jail time for self defense and some get off scott free with counciling (because you went under a tramatic event, its recommended you talk with someone)

like i said, anything is possible

Meh in the UK its lke this

Resionale force
Put them on the ground without hurting them (mad)
dont use any wepons that come to hand
Go away

ie you cant fight back
No hiting them on the way down (wing chun shows a way of hitin hem on the way down an makin it not look like your hiting them )

Tails McCloud~ said:
can you hurt me?
can i hurt you? possibly. do i want to hurt you? not as of yet ;)

Darkprinny said:
Meh in the UK its lke this

Resionale force
Put them on the ground without hurting them (mad)
dont use any wepons that come to hand
Go away

ie you cant fight back
No hiting them on the way down (wing chun shows a way of hitin hem on the way down an makin it not look like your hiting them )

thats BS and a half :mad: if someone was attacking me id attack back. its self defense here in the US. what would happen if i went to the UK and someone mugged me and i attacked them? US laws allow us to protect ourselves.

hopefully no one will mugg you or hurt you.

ottoman said:
Is that actually you in your avatar? if so, please let us see more! :devil:

yes that is me, and lets be mature please. like youve never seen a chest before......control the urges :rolleyes:

ssbb_lover said:
Wrong dude...just wrong...

and immature to boot. thats SSBB :)

Darkprinny said:
Was that for me

Recent photo

there ottoman happy? you got a picture of the hottness that is prinny :lol:

StwrX03 said:
Very nice thread, I'm a cop as well. Interesting to see some of the differences between New York and Wisconsin...

oh awesome!

tell me about it....i hate NY too liberal and we cant do anything. always under heavy watch. where are you in wisconsin? send me a PM ill swap info with ya :)

Think said:
Why are cops never around when you need em but when you don't need em there all over the place?

ah the age old question, we're sneaky sh*ts like that

kidding :lol:

seriously, people dont know theres more than one number to call besides 911. people should also carry on them their local precincts phone number/fire department. incase you need help there are plenty of ways to contact us and sometimes things just go on too quickly for us to do anything. just because you see some idiot speed 90MPH driving like an idiot 10 min ago on the road and you call up and give us the licence, all we can do is have a highway car at one of the highway stops and watch out for him. thats all we can do. or if you got pick pocketed and your belongings got stolen, its not going to be NYPD blue where we catch your criminal in 30 min or less.....

things happen and unfortunitly we're not always around to catch them but we are there when things might just happen.

Well for instance I was in the city last night at a bar and there were 2 cops patrolling previously on foot seen em like 6 times when id go outside and about 1:20amish I go outside and see 3 dudes totally kicking the **** out of this guy they end up taking his wallet and his chains and Im watching the cops walk right towards the criminals thinking finally there going to get busted. Then the robbers run right past the cops and they do nothing. So I ran up to the cops and was like whats wrong with you guys? Didn't you see that guy get mugged and pointed to the poor guy on the ground like 6 feet away. The cop said that they didn't see anything even though they were right there. So as I gave up and walked away I called the cops useless lumps of **** and those assholes arrested me for being drunk in public and put me in a holding tank overnight. So ya I don't like cops.

Think said:
Well for instance I was in the city last night at a bar and there were 2 cops patrolling previously on foot seen em like 6 times when id go outside and about 1:20amish I go outside and see 3 dudes totally kicking the **** out of this guy they end up taking his wallet and his chains and Im watching the cops walk right towards the criminals thinking finally there going to get busted. Then the robbers run right past the cops and they do nothing. So I ran up to the cops and was like whats wrong with you guys? Didn't you see that guy get mugged and pointed to the poor guy on the ground like 6 feet away. The cop said that they didn't see anything even though they were right there. So as I gave up and walked away I called the cops useless lumps of **** and those assholes arrested me for being drunk in public and put me in a holding tank overnight. So ya I don't like cops.

few things.

im going to tell you this as a cop im not going to tell you this as a friend so i appologize ahead of itme if this isnt what you wanna hear.

for starters, you were hanging infront of a bar in the early morning, not that there is anything wrong with that. alot of cops do foot patroll or drive bys in busy towns/citys with lots of bars and people.

if you see something, yes say something but if they criminal has ran and already fled the scene all we can do is take your deposition. it goes on file and thats the end of it till they are sited again. you did the right thing in saying something BUT you were wrong for talking smack. cops had every right to hold you over night because you opened your mouth instead of just walking away and just atleast walk away knowing you did the right thing. the cops then should of talked to the person who was mugged and you could of been a charactor whitness.

did they even talk to the guy or did the guy report the incident to the officers? if he himself didnt say anything, then theres even more we cant do.

why the hatred of cops because you said something bad? can you rightfully say what you did was right? yes you said something to the cops like i stated that was very good. but opening your mouth was unnecessary

Well I didn't say I hate cops I said I don't like cops. The reason I was outside of the bar is cause I was smoking a cigarette and here you can't smoke in bars anymore. My biggest gripe is the cops were able to see the mugging take place they were like 30 feet away and were even closer to the mugging than I was. When the guys ran away they ran right past the 2 cops and the 2 cops didn't do anything. I shouldn't have opened my mouth that I know but I was irritated that they saw the whole thing and did nothing. Didn't help I had a few shots in me to help loosen my mouth. Instead of talking to the guy who got mugged they cuffed me pulled me a block away left the dude laying there and called for a car to pick me up about a minute after I got to the police station the 2 cops were there filing papers on me so I don't even think they went to help the guy that got mugged. So I guess you could say yet again I was let down by our boys in blue. I don't hate cops I just don't understand why they don't do more here.

Think said:
Well I didn't say I hate cops I said I don't like cops. The reason I was outside of the bar is cause I was smoking a cigarette and here you can't smoke in bars anymore. My biggest gripe is the cops were able to see the mugging take place they were like 30 feet away and were even closer to the mugging than I was. When the guys ran away they ran right past the 2 cops and the 2 cops didn't do anything. I shouldn't have opened my mouth that I know but I was irritated that they saw the whole thing and did nothing. Didn't help I had a few shots in me to help loosen my mouth. Instead of talking to the guy who got mugged they cuffed me pulled me a block away left the dude laying there and called for a car to pick me up about a minute after I got to the police station the 2 cops were there filing papers on me so I don't even think they went to help the guy that got mugged. So I guess you could say yet again I was let down by our boys in blue. I don't hate cops I just don't understand why they don't do more here.

well i understand why you went outside i assumed it was to smoke anyways we arent allowed to do that here either. you can blame our NYC mayor for starting it and making it spread.

anyways, how do you know the cops werent busy with another call? or talking to someone else or just didnt hear anything going on? sometimes music or loud noises like voices prohibit us from hearing peoples "screams" for help.

well you tried to do a civic duty it backfired because you did something wrong to mess it up. the victom should of said something or you should of went to aid the victom. then walked to the cops together and stated the situation.

you learned from experience and how to fix the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back