WiiChat Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always said that WiiChat needs a babyface mod. But the man always shoots me down :shifty:

If I were to be mod I'd rule with an iron fist and slay noobs. No more "OMG Halo 4 Wee" or "How Do I Play Wii?" threads will be seen on this board. :nono:

Clarke said:
If I were to be mod I'd rule with an iron fist and slay noobs. No more "OMG Halo 4 Wee" or "How Do I Play Wii?" threads will be seen on this board. :nono:
Could he be? The next Trulen? New, not many posts...he has a chance...

No, he doesnt.
Iron-fisted ruling drives members away (remember The_Loose_Cannon) and if someone were to post a "How do I play this Wii game" thread, and it were shut down, that wouldnt help that individual at all.
Syntax is a very good example of a great mod.

Isn't there going to be a Noob Rush after X-mas, since many people will ask questions about why their Wii isn't working with their TV or what games to get?

Tails McCloud~ said:
No, he doesnt.
Iron-fisted ruling drives members away (remember The_Loose_Cannon) and if someone were to post a "How do I play this Wii game" thread, and it were shut down, that wouldnt help that individual at all.
Syntax is a very good example of a great mod.
You misread my post.

After seeing how the site has grown in popularity and has become the dominating wii board I doubt that we'll see another 'unknown' as a MOD, i0n will most likely be looking at the 'older' more familiar members. That could be a few reasons, he knows them better than the new members or that we wanted some who is familiar with the boards and therefore has experience, Either way I think that now the site is an established one we will look for staff who are familiar to the site and community.

I agree with LiK that we do need a MOD who is 'part of the community' per say. Yes we do have good staff currently however they all seem a little iron on first appearance on the boards but its only when you talk to them privately or get to know them that you find out that they are quite a fun bunch. We need someone who is responsible and familiar with the boards who is also an active part of the community with a nice bright appearance with a little humour streak on the boards and the power won't change that.

@ Radnad;

Yes after Christmas we will have a rush of 'new members'. To an extent it is bad due to the site will be very very active and the MODs will have to deal with a lot more than normal and most likely a large amount of spammers and trolls will arrive too however new members are what makes the site work, it helps the site grow and improve. We do have quite a large number of new members who are good so I don't think its fair to class them all as 'n00bs'.

RadNad said:
Isn't there going to be a Noob Rush after X-mas, since many people will ask questions about why their Wii isn't working with their TV or what games to get?
New members is not necessarily a bad thing, but I know what you mean. I'm sure we can expect some irrelevant threads after the release of SSBB.

Oh my God the irony of the last two posts...

We'll get swamped with new members, most likely young ones, so we are in need of more moderators. I'm still sticking with Brandon being the best choice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back