WiiChat Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syntax said:
I thought I was quite casual.. Check out the "All Things Hockey" thread for example. The only time as to when my actions may differ is when it comes to actual moderating. As in closing threads, deleting posts/threads, and dealing with members. Otherwise, I'm easy going..

In most cases you have the appearance of a Mr.Smith from the Matrix. You may be casual at times but it isn't often here.

Cpt.McCloud said:
In most cases you have the appearance of a Mr.Smith from the Matrix. You may be casual at times but it isn't often here.

The reason behind this is that many of my most recent posts have been in regards to various minor inconveniences and or issues which need to be dealt with. Thus, in quite a few of my posts it may seem that I'm serious, which, in those cases I am.

One misconception that I have found as a moderator is that the views of others towards me have changed quite a bit. For example, some people are worried that by sending a private message to me is going to bother me. Which, it doesn't. In other cases, I have found that some are afraid of disagreeing with what I have to say. Which, to be honest I don't mind. I also enjoy reading as to what others think and or believe, whether or not that said user is agreeing with me.

Syntax said:
One misconception that I have found as a moderator is that the views of others towards me have changed quite a bit. For example, some people are worried that by sending a private message to me is going to bother me. Which, it doesn't. In other cases, I have found that some are afraid of disagreeing with what I have to say. Which, to be honest I don't mind. I also enjoy reading as to what others think and or believe, whether or not that said user is agreeing with me.

Shush Sticky:wink:

--

That is true though all because of how the scene has been set by our staff, not many so they seem rare and precious, rarely posting as part of the community, as an emotionless 'zombie-bot'.

The MODs are not some intimidating bunch of power nuts, they are normal people so lets not be scared of them.

Anyway, just out of curiosity has this thread helped or benefited the MODs in anyway?

In some cases yes. It has brought other uses who I may have looked over into light. Thus, helping with the process of discussing who would make a good candidate.

Syntax said:
In some cases yes. It has brought other uses who I may have looked over into light. Thus, helping with the process of discussing who would make a good candidate.

Has it brought to light who the community wants or has it changed your opinion of the situation?

It has slightly changed my position on the whole "Who should be the next mod" discussion between other mods and I.

Syntax said:
It has slightly changed my position on the whole "Who should be the next mod" discussion between other mods and I.

To your knowledge is it only you who has learnt from this or has the other MODs saw anything new?

This has turned into one of those interviews:

So, why do you think you're qualified for this job, Mr. Bond?

I-I have good skills in taking out baddies(spammers) with my shmexytown gadgets(DELETE POST Button).

I see. Well, we'll reply to you in the next 30 days.

Thank You, Ma'am!

Psst, Q, that guy is totally Banned!

I'm sure that some of the other mods have benefited from this thread. However, I'm not exactly sure to what extent.

I my self was asked by Ion to be a Moderator I replied accepting his offer but have yet to see a change in my member status. but that was a while back and I have still yet to hear from Ion and none of the other mods can really contact him real well it seems.

Interview. :p Good questions though, and appropriate answers by you, Matt.

Prasanna and Brandon for mod(s).

ssbb_lover said:
Interview. :p Good questions though, and appropriate answers by you, Matt.

Prasanna and Brandon for mod(s).
It was a shock to see someone using my full name in a post. :lol:
Anyway, my selection for the next Mod remains the same as before.

I like to say the whole thing out loud to myself, because it sounds cool, so I went ahead and typed the whole thing down. :lol: Tis' a fine name.

[/offtopic]

ssbb_lover said:
I like to say the whole thing out loud to myself, because it sounds cool, so I went ahead and typed the whole thing down. :lol: Tis' a fine name.

[/offtopic]
[OFF-TOPIC ALERT]

Thank you. It is pronounced "Press-sen-nna". :)

[/OFF-TOPIC ALERT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back