WiiChat Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitch2025 said:
we already have a few members in mind. im not gonna mention them though. i just hope i0n adds someone before the christmas noobfest.

Monsteroids said:
1) Ya gonna need more.

2) Oh CRAP! Duck and COVEEEEER!!!!

You guys head for high ground while Mitch and I fight off the hoards of new members. Unfortunately, Mitch has never been one to be good when it comes to doubles teamwork. Therefore, I shall be left to carry him, once again. Which, doesn't really bother me as I enjoy racking up the points. Now, I just need to find out as to where I parked my horse named Moose. I also may as well restock on some banhammers and warning pm's this holiday season seeing as this is the season of giving after all.

Don't worry, I'm joking.. :shifty:

In all seriousness, not all new members are bad members. However, there are always a few bad apples, thus, both Mitch and I hope to see some new members promoted to staff positions to help deal with these minor inconveniences. Unfortunately, I don't know as to where Prez and Trulen stand on this situation..

Last edited:
My break starts on the end of this week. Going for a little trip around new years probably but I should be here in full to help out.
Nothings going out of control just yet.

Syntax said:
In all seriousness, not all new members are bad members.

THANK YOU.

When I first became active in this forum it was at a time when newbs were often ignored, disliked, or generally prejudiced against. Even now, people act as though an influx of new members is a bad thing. Well heck - I like meeting new people. This forum wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for newbs. This forum is good in that it welcomes it's members thoroughly when they first arrive, but when you say "hope to see you around" do you really want to see them around? Or do you want what Close openly admitted that he wanted - that new members "GTFO".

Glad I got that off my chest.

As for my recommendation, I'm going to nominate someone who hasn't been nominated so far (I think). I nominate Eagles. Why? He's basically a nice guy - he won't talk down to anyone. Also, he's Australian! As biased as this might sound, we have a different time zone, and so we deal with posts when often there are no mods online. He's also active (though quiet) in most sections of WiiChat.

Other suggestions I approve of are WWL2P, CantGetAWii, and Byuakuya.

Last edited:
Bliss said:
no but basically that IS wat its about, the more popular person, there are people here who have GREAT posts and havent even been mentioned in this thread, granted some havent been here very long...but it all boils down to who is the most popular
Not true at all. I consider myself very popular, but I know I'll never be a mod. If I haven't gotten any spot by now, I won't ever. And not to put them down, but I doubt members like Leve or Frogger will become mods either (but, they're VERY popular).

Now, if you would have said, "Popular members (or ones that have been around longer) have a better chance at becoming a mod." Sure, yeah, I would agree. Who're they going to pick, a popular person with 3k+ posts, or a new guy who seems to post well, but who no one knows anything about? More then likely, the more well known member.

The mods/i0n know who to pick, it all comes down to who has the right qualities they're looking for, not "popularity".

^Exactly, we just don't know the new guys as well. I happen to think very highly of you, AndThen, and I'm glad that you nominated Eagles, someone who would otherwise be looked over.

+ Not all of us want to be mods. I personally don't like the robotic posts that the mods make here, I like having an opinion :wink:

Mods make robotic posts?! The only ones that look similar are the ones in the Introduce Yourself threads...

I've always expressed my opinions regarding WiiChat. Also, being a moderator hasn't changed that.

Syntax said:
I've always expressed my opinions regarding WiiChat. Also, being a moderator hasn't changed that.

I can understand what he is saying I mean like your attitude here and on IM is very different at times.

Well it would be nice to see a really active MOD who is 'part' of the community rather then a different sort of feeling you receive from most mods.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Well it would be nice to see a really active MOD who is 'part' of the community rather then a different sort of feeling you receive from most mods.
amen.

Wario for president.

Cpt.McCloud said:
I can understand what he is saying I mean like your attitude here and on IM is very different at times.

My attitude at WiiChat has always been the same. However, when it comes to IM, you could say that "I'm off my rocker"..

Syntax said:
My attitude at WiiChat has always been the same. However, when it comes to IM, you could say that "I'm off my rocker"..

All the MODs seem extremely formal here while if you talk to them on an IM they are really casual and fun people. maybe take this casual self to the forum rather than hiding it:yesnod:

I thought I was quite casual.. Check out the "All Things Hockey" thread for example. The only time as to when my actions may differ is when it comes to actual moderating. As in closing threads, deleting posts/threads, and dealing with members. Otherwise, I'm easy going..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back