What's your pokemon team?

lol. good explanation. me an my buddy were a bit.... well, intoxicated also, so my explanation is thus because of it. lol.

Still, Accelgot is awesome. Escavalier is nasty. And im still wondering whether or not I should finish training my Klang which evolved from a Klink into a KlinkKlang. (ya follow me??? lol) :bacon:

SLIGHT CHANGE IN MINE:
Double Battle__
Gardevoir
Gallade
Lucario
Shuckle
Cresselia
Charizard

Single Battle__
Garchomp
Magnezone
Gengar
Gallade
Charizard
Blastoise

Any questions?

A simple Krookodile could sweep both of your teams very easily, possibly with the exception of Blastoise, but if Krook runs with Moxie, ur screwed... lol

Danka! (Thanks!) He was originally gotten for a special Trick Room team, but I haven't been using that combo for a while.

⌐_⌐ Why? It's informing what one of my Pokèmon is & why I got it. Your comment is more useless than mine, it seems. I don't want to get in a pointless argument, though.

nope bc internet trolling battles are stupid and pointless and get nowhere bc only in person can u tell who swings the bigger d*&k and who does not. there is no sense trying to prove domination through a computer.

aaaanywaaaays...

Alright so I made my first real team ever:

----

METAGROSS (Lead) @ Wide Lens
Adamant/Clear Body
252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Speed
Bullet Punch
Meteor Mash
Stealth Rock
Explosion

HYDREIGON (Sweeper) @ Leftovers
Modest/Levitate
252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
Surf
Flamethrower
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse

STARMIE (Revenge Killer) @ Choice Specs
Modest/Natural Cure
252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Psychic

GYARADOS (Sweeper) @ Soft Sand
Adamant/Intimidate
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Ice Fang
Waterfall

CHANDELURE (Sweeper) @ BrightPowder
Modest/Flame Body
252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Psychic

GALLADE (Clean Up) @ TwistedSpoon
Adamant/Steadfast
Psycho Cut
Close Combat
Swords Dance
Leaf Blade

----

I'm keeping Gallade because he's shiny and Adamant and I love him.

GALLADE (Clean Up) @ TwistedSpoon
Adamant/Steadfast
Psycho Cut
Close Combat
Swords Dance
Leaf Blade

----

I'm keeping Gallade because he's shiny and Adamant and I love him.[/QUOTE]

I've been using a gallade and a Gardevior for a while now (i'm a little jealous that you have a shiny one) but mine knows nightslash instead of close combat i also gave him a scope lense to hold though this is only on pearl I dont have white yet.

I've been using a gallade and a Gardevior for a while now (i'm a little jealous that you have a shiny one) but mine knows nightslash instead of close combat i also gave him a scope lense to hold though this is only on pearl I dont have white yet.

Night Slash? Really?

Close Combat is really good because not only does it have 120 base power, but with STAB, that's boosted to 180. Such a number makes Night Slash's base power of 70 seem meek in comparison.

I do understand the draw of high Critical Hit ratio, especially with Scope Lens. However, he sort of already gets that from Psycho Cut, which has added STAB.

Night Slash covers:
Psychic
Ghost

Close Combat covers:
Normal
Rock
Steel
Ice
Dark

So yeah, Close Combat has better coverage. Additionally, because its power is more than twice that of Night Slash, it would actually do more damage regularly than a Critical Hit from Night Slash would (Night Slash CH: power 140; Close Combat without a CH: power 180).

I guess it all comes down to personal preference in the end, but it still seems to me like Psycho Cut has the same gimmick as Night Slash, and with STAB, it's generally a better choice.

However, Night Slash covers Gallade's weakness to Ghost, which might be worth considering. I still prefer Close Combat, though.

Night Slash? Really?

Close Combat is really good because not only does it have 120 base power, but with STAB, that's boosted to 180. Such a number makes Night Slash's base power of 70 seem meek in comparison.

I do understand the draw of high Critical Hit ratio, especially with Scope Lens. However, he sort of already gets that from Psycho Cut, which has added STAB.

Night Slash covers:
Psychic
Ghost

Close Combat covers:
Normal
Rock
Steel
Ice
Dark

So yeah, Close Combat has better coverage. Additionally, because its power is more than twice that of Night Slash, it would actually do more damage regularly than a Critical Hit from Night Slash would (Night Slash CH: power 140; Close Combat without a CH: power 180).

I guess it all comes down to personal preference in the end, but it still seems to me like Psycho Cut has the same gimmick as Night Slash, and with STAB, it's generally a better choice.

However, Night Slash covers Gallade's weakness to Ghost, which might be worth considering. I still prefer Close Combat, though.

Mine knows Psychic, Close Combat, Leaf Blade, & Swords Dance. He's the attacker in my group. Is this something to consider?

Night Slash? Really?

Night Slash covers:
Psychic
Ghost

Close Combat covers:
Normal
Rock
Steel
Ice
Dark

Mine knows Psychic, Close Combat, Leaf Blade, & Swords Dance. He's the attacker in my group. Is this something to consider?

That's pretty good, but you might want to consider switching Psychic for Psycho Cut. While Psychic does have a base power of 90 and Psycho Cut has a base power of 70, Psychic is a special attack. Psycho Cut is a physical attack. Gallade, whose base physical attack stat is 125, will be able to do much more damage with Psycho Cut. To compare, his special attack stat is about half that--65.

So yeah, Psycho Cut is much better than Psychic. Also, if you're using Swords Dance, then Psycho Cut will benefit; Psychic won't.

As for my Gallade, I've been looking at X-Scissor as a replacement for Leaf Blade, but I'm not sure yet.

Back