The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

I killed the miniboss, I think. The 2 torso viking in the ghost ship. Is there more to the area besides getting to the ship?

There's an item in the back of the ship after the boss room and you can continue on to the next area from it (1 of 2 ways).

I found that miracle lady that was at the tower and moved to the entrance to the sewer leading to the tower area, who then made a new path once I paid her. Took me several hours of retreading through the world until I found something different. Also killed the Bell Tower gargoyles, who were a pain in the ass to get to because of the bell defenders covenant all crammed together waiting for me to get near the bell.

I found that miracle lady that was at the tower and moved to the entrance to the sewer leading to the tower area, who then made a new path once I paid her. Took me several hours of retreading through the world until I found something different. Also killed the Bell Tower gargoyles, who were a pain in the ass to get to because of the bell defenders covenant all crammed together waiting for me to get near the bell.

I actually died there on my first time, it's shocking how tough they are.

A7E3DBC6B3DD96888500D3B7482A5BAC844C3882

We spent five minutes staring at each other since he couldn't reach me without falling to his death. He eventually gave up and disconnected. Serves the invader right.

15 Earthgems, 2 Earthsphires. Jhen be sharin' his prosperous prosperity with me.

Also got a random Los Mantle, which is #2. I could make some Los armor if I wanted, but my current sets are better (and cooler-lookin'), so I'll hold off.

Killed off the chariot and bonelords. Reached the base of the windmill tower. An awful lot of poison, but doesn't seem as bad as I thought it'd be.

Finished my first real mixed set; half Hallowed Jhen, half Miralis, one fifth Barioth. Gets me Attack Up (Large), Sharpness +1 and Evasion +1 for even weapons without slots, meaning this is basically my BnB Switch Axe armor set. Set has really good defense actually, is only notably weak to Dragon (-16), and the armor's appearances pair quite well with each other. Strange how a crystalline, "hallowed" desert whale has its armor's aesthetics go well with the armor of a satanic volcano dragon.

On the way to said armor set, I killed two Goldbeards for some scales... and got two Deep gems 'n one Dark gem for my "troubles". The desire sensor is real... ... ...

I'll make the Ceadeus axe 'cause it's great, and will save one Deep gem for Helios X. A lot of mixed sets I want to make call for the Helios X Helm, so my luck is truly fortunate. Had no intent on grindin' ether Ceadeus due to the fight bein' boring.

My current Monster Hunter character is using a Caedeus axe. Haven't fully upgraded it since I postponed the game until whenever.

Seems it's rather painful to fully upgrade, as while I already have a Lagi Mantle (four in fact) and said Dark Dragongem, I'm missin' three Luminous Organs... back in the water I go. ._.

... How does one pronounce "Ceadeus", anyways?

Second part of the name is definitely "deh-oos", with it being a latin term and all. The first part is likely pronounced "sea", since it's more fitting, but I always say it as "kah-eh". Sea god is easy to remember.

Finally got black mage job. Took long enough immediately disappointed that I didn't automatically get those fancy black mage threads though. After that I tried PVP for the first time and got my ass handed to me. Wasn't very nice. Might give PvP more chances if I'm feeling suicidal later.

I joined the Bell covenant. It's so ****ing insane! I'm constantly being sent to defend the tower, and I'm doing surprisingly well at it. So much fun.

Update me on some spoiler-free criticisms occasionally, yeah? Might buy it myself, as I'm slightly interested.

So after makin' the Ceadeed Axe (fully upgraded Ceadeus Switch Axe) and a full set of Helios X, I have 5 Deep Dragongems and 4 Dark Dragongems left over. LOL****INGWUT? I haven't grinded for literally a single ****ing one of these, and I have enough rare carves for Helios Z and another Ceadeus weapon. This is absurd. I also got the Lagia Sapphire I needed for the armor in just two hunts. More importantly, while makin' this armor, I got the final, oh-so-rare Long Fragment I needed from the fisherman's fleet to craft a piece of armor I needed for a shitton of good mixed sets (Artian Greaves X). Crapcom turned off the desire sensor that night, apparently. That, or my prayers to Nocturnal were finally answered.

Update me on some spoiler-free criticisms occasionally, yeah? Might buy it myself, as I'm slightly interested.
Sure
So far I really like the art style and how it's presented.
They made the game like a story book and it gives it charm.

The battle mechanic is unique and it's hard to explain. It's turn based but also real time. I really like it. It is definitely worth checking out.

Back