The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

Can ya blame me? I live in salt water.

Jokes aside, the needle spam was mostly t' murder your momentum as opposed to me bein' saltier than Shoal Cave. Ike bulldozes through stocks with moar force than Smash 4's hype train if ya just go in... or let him go in.

... ... ... S'pose that's a Shoddy way to show respect either way.

My first death in Dark Souls 2 is from falling into a bottomless pit while trying to learn the changed controls for jumping. Push down on left stick while running, ugh. Although, I have to admit that this game feels so, so much smoother than the first game. The sequel runs at better settings and everything. I'm pretty sure it'd be easier to run this than the first game. Sadly, DS2 doesn't look quite as nice without mods, but I'm sure we'll get a few after a while. I'm currently running around a half-dead village talking to half-dead people/things. Also, there's bloodstains everywhere, made when players die. They're everywhere, and they die in the most unlikely of places.

My first death in Dark Souls 2 is from falling into a bottomless pit while trying to learn the changed controls for jumping. Push down on left stick while running, ugh. Although, I have to admit that this game feels so, so much smoother than the first game. The sequel runs at better settings and everything. I'm pretty sure it'd be easier to run this than the first game. Sadly, DS2 doesn't look quite as nice without mods, but I'm sure we'll get a few after a while. I'm currently running around a half-dead village talking to half-dead people/things. Also, there's bloodstains everywhere, made when players die. They're everywhere, and they die in the most unlikely of places.

You can change the jumping controls back, was the first thing I did. I played a ton of Souls 1 and I wasn't about to change my jump button.

Beat the first boss. Started as cleric, since I never used faith in the first game. Miracles come in handy since flasks are more limited early on. Opening up some doors with that soldier key and seeing where that takes me.

IIRC the caestus is the only fist weapon, and a chunk of the community apparently disregarded fists only as being borderline impossible... though a certain streamer proved that wrong.

Enjoyed my first encounter with G-Rank Alatreon earlier today; yes, enjoyed. Spent that evening farming it with the first uberproMLG hunting party I've ever encountered: they were kind enough t' tolerate my presence, presumably since I didn't cart. Was downright thrilling to be a small part of some proper teamwork for the first time, sleep bombing and holding items for team mates 'n other such things. Ala consistently died around the 12 minute mark. Blows my solo runs of the weakest Alatreon outta the water, that's for damn sure.

... I got a Drgnsphire on my first carve. >_>;

I need two Skyswayers and some Elder Dragon blood, then I'll have a (wholly unearned) Alatreon LS. Main reason I want it badly enough t' put up with huntin' Alatreon is because Nero's Calamity needs both Sharpness +1 and Awaken, so it doesn't work well with my soon-to-be-finished Stygian Zinogre armor (Awaken is impossible to gem in; no good talisman for it), which has Dragon Atk+2.

IIRC the caestus is the only fist weapon, and a chunk of the community apparently disregarded fists only as being borderline impossible... though a certain streamer proved that wrong.

Didn't Noobest do a Caestus only run? Didn't he do a complete unarmed run? I know he boxed Andre down at SL1.

Past the second boss. It was a fun fight. Being able to recover humanity by helping others out is fantastic. Currently at those 3 titanitedemon-looking guys.

Got my hands on enough Elder Dragon blood t' make the Alatreon LS; still in need of those two Skyswayers. Without those amazing players bein' around to carry me through the hunt, I pawsitively dread my impending next encounters with G-rank Ala... I'd rather tackle Birth by Sleep's secret-secret boss with no Cure spells. ;_;

Also, I've averaged about one Dragongem for every (Hallowed) Jhen hunt, I got ten sittin' pretty in my item box. lolwut?

Didn't Noobest do a Caestus only run?

Dunno who that is, I viewed the dual caestus shenanigans here.

complete unarmed run

nowai

Yep, he had the patience to do that. He's gonna be doing goofy ass challenge runs on Dark Souls 2. Already done a Handmaiden's Ladle run I think.

Back