The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

Who the bloody 'Karp would ever use 6 of the same Poke, bar Arceus or Smeargle?

The battle mechanic is unique and it's hard to explain. It's turn based but also real time.

I've seen gameplay videos of it. T'is one'a them action bar systems like with Chrono Trigger or FFX-2.

It's so amusing seeing a guy trying to head straight for the exit and to finish him off with a lightning spear as he's stepping through it. They keep falling for it. Also been having trouble with lag, or at least that's what it looks like, since I keep getting hit even while out of range.

The bonfire placement is really messed up in this game. Many of them are placed so closely without any threats nearby, removing the sense of dread of having to wander around without knowing how far away the next safe area is.

It's so amusing seeing a guy trying to head straight for the exit and to finish him off with a lightning spear as he's stepping through it. They keep falling for it. Also been having trouble with lag, or at least that's what it looks like, since I keep getting hit even while out of range.

The bonfire placement is really messed up in this game. Many of them are placed so closely without any threats nearby, removing the sense of dread of having to wander around without knowing how far away the next safe area is.

The "Lag" is a thing that people call Phantom Range. As for the Bonfires, I haven't had any bothers with them (then again I've probably missed about half of them).

Battled another dude today. In the first battle, I played really badly for the first half, and ended up losing everything but Sableye and Sharpedo while he still had five or six Pokemon left. Managed to solo him with just those two, however. Err...duo? Whatever. Don't like that I was backed that far into a corner, but it worked out okay. Second battle Hydreigon was the MVP, just wrecked everything while tanking resisted hits. Stunfisk's ability to hard wall Raikou was welcome, of course.

This guy was alright, not competitive, but not an absolute pushover either. Better than the two people I fought earlier today.

GGs to Mr. icantcomboyouwithmetagoddamnitstupidnair

It's so amusing seeing a guy trying to head straight for the exit and to finish him off with a lightning spear as he's stepping through it. They keep falling for it.

Such a basic strategy, and yet... so antimeta. So trollsome. Genius!

Only 'cause I was playin' as Meat. I feel the match-up is in Meta's favor if you space incredibly well and have a good bait game; but rage-inducing for Meta otherwise. And I most assuredly do not have a good either'a those, if only because my movement is poorly...

Mario was the last straw t' make me ragequit from Meta lol.

49th Super Triple Battle in the Maison. Got crit'd by Stone Edge three times and activated opposing Charizard's Solar Power by accident. *sigh*

Looped to 1_2 as Eyes, Nuclear Throne is a cruel game even before the loop, after the loop things just get incredibly hectic and ammo will wasted...A LOT of ammo.

I managed to get a Double Shotgun in 4_1 and I found a Laser Rifle to replace my Laser Pistol with on 5_1 fortunately, Eagle Eyes for the Double Shotgun and Laser Brain for the Laser Rifle and I was set. Shame I didn't get the opportunity for Throne Butt despite reaching level 8 before I died, Eyes has a really strong Throne Butt ability.

A loop is still a loop, I'll take it.

Made it to 50. I'm going to try and build a better team before attempting to go any further, don't want to get hax'd to death again.

Decided to give Hammers a try since I did like 'em in the demo... and now I understand why few use them: the attacks you want to be using, either 'cause they output the most (KO) damage or are the safest, lack any and all poise. When usin' most (all?) other melee weapons, you can withstand your teammates' non-upswing/superawesometacular charged attacks, without flinching. Hammers lack that luxury. Or at least at first glance, it seems.

Bad teammates trip ya up and keep you from doin' your job... or they get in the way, and YOU trip/send them flyin' because their damage to the monster's face < your damage to the monster's face.

Some monsters are also really hammer-unfriendly. The Diablos and Lucent I've faced almost never have safe openings to smack 'em in the head, half because they're constantly moving around at high speed, half because they bounce non-superpounds (though Lucent only does that outside of rage). I would imagine Gold 'n Silver Rath to be just as painful. ESP suddenly seems like a useful skill lol. All in all, I feel sorry for hammer mains. Without a gunner to inflict paralysis, their job is tough... if not downright impossible against certain monsters. I truly ponder if the satisfaction of a successful KO is worth their struggles.

... Only one way to find out.

Hammering is fun, no doubt. It's also a lot quicker than I thought; the draw attack/level 1 charge attack are really useful for gettin' quick hits in to dramatically boost DPS at times when the heavy hittin' moves ain't quick or safe enough. But said quick attacks are REALLY disruptive... I was hittin' my team mates a lot, and felt horrible for it. Half of it was when they came up from behind me and I was already mid-combo, but half was just bad spacing, aim, or reaction time on my part. ;_; But I definitely do want to get good with Hammers, even if only for easier fights. T'is fun to KO the 'Karp outta monsters.

Speakin' of, I had my first taste'a the hardest 8* quests I didn't yet get to 'fore quitting that solo-nonsense: glad I didn't get to 'em. Some'a these arena quests are absolutely absurd. And the event quest Hard Hitting Lineup? **** me six ways from Sunday. Tryin' to solo those is a big ol' nope.avi. Also, thanks to said event quest, I learned that Smoke Bombs are a useful thing. All'a these [STRIKE]MLG[/STRIKE] basic "use an item" tactics are so foreign... I'm so used t' just cuttin' and dodgin' things 'til they're dead, with an occasional Shock Trap or two to boost my Longsword's DPS. Don't even know how to (efficiently) use Flash Bombs, which is apparently n00b-level basic.

Lastly, another Sphire and Gem from a single regular Jhen fight. i dont even

Back