WiiChat Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though an age limit may seem beneficial, I think that it may just lead to other members seem discriminated. Also, when it comes to suggesting mods, I look for people who don't let their emotions get to them.

Haha, well that is one way to look at it, it just depends on each member and how active they are, then once you take that into consideration, you should then take into consideration their age/maturity, because even some 16-18 year olds aren't mature so I mean all aspects need to be taken into consideration, which I'm sure they are, I'm just giving my two cents.

Syntax said:
Even though an age limit may seem beneficial, I think that it may just lead to other members seem discriminated. Also, when it comes to suggesting mods, I look for people who don't let their emotions get to them.
That's what I was trying to get at. I just know from experience age helps with the whole emotion aspect.

Last edited:
Seriously guys, suggesting yourself to be a mod is not all that bad and has been blown out of proportion for way too long. There is a time when it seems ignorant, there is a time when it seems immature, and then there is a time when it seems right. The whole 'If you suggest yourself than we'll never consider you' rant is complete bs. Saying such is more immature than anything.

Blueovalboy, would you mind giving a list of members you think are mature? Don't check anyone's age or anything, just off the top of your head. Pure curiosity. :)

ssbb_lover said:
Blueovalboy, would you mind giving a list of members you think are mature? Don't check anyone's age or anything, just off the top of your head. Pure curiosity. :)
Oh there are a lot of members I feel are mature, it's not like I have a select few, but its just how I see different situations handled which determines whether or not I believe they are mod material. (Which holds no water considering I'm not a part of the staff) I'm fine with who we have now, but if they feel the need for more then I just hope the new mods are well thought out choices.

If you must have a list, I'll give you the members I can think of off the top of my head: (Granted there are parts of the board I don't get to very often and members I can't think of right now, so I will be missing some members)
Squall7 (Very mature, and level headed)
ssbb_lover (I liked how you handled a previous situation involving an obnoxious member)
Brawny (Though a goof-off at times, generally mature)
Frogger (See above^)
LevesqueIsKing (See above also)
Celeste (I have only seen her let her emotions get the best of her once or twice)
Tails McCloud (Usually level-headed, and doesn't spam too much)
Cantgetawii (Generally, from what I've seen, fairly mature)
DT (More of a recent member, but has a sense of humor and is very mature)

Last edited:
Ah, I remember Squall7. I dont notice him around often though.
I do, however, agree that he is one of the more mature members.

One more to add to my wishlist, Wiinter.
Very mature, helpfull member. Usually only posts video game-related news and gives advice.

Yeah, where IS squall...I need to ask him something.

Brawny (Though a goof-off at times, generally mature)
Frogger (See above^)
LevesqueIsKing (See above also)

Perhaps related? =P

I don't think I've even put anything out there yet... Brandon, Jam, and Tyler, IMO.

blueovalboy7 said:
As I may have stated before, I'm content with the current mods, but if there are to be new mods I would like to see a mature member, who is also quite active be added to the staff. Almost every member suggested is at least a little guilty of spamming, so I don't see why you guys would bring it up. I know when I previously mentioned my suggestions I missed a few qualified members, but I think there should be an age requirement for those considered for staff. No offense to the younger members, I just know from experience that the younger the individual, the increased likelihood of immature actions and overreactions to situations.

Just as an example here if you were running the forum and were choosing new mods that would already rule out the likes of myself (13), Tyler (15) and Brandon (15..I think).

Three members who have been heavily suggested here but because they are under 16 they 'don't have enough free time' and are 'to young'?

I don't see that side of the argument working, its understandable but I would say no to an age limit. Ageist. Discrim. to an extent.

Yeah, I had SO much free time before it was stolen from me.

I think mature 14-15 year olds are the best. Under the supervision of the older ones of course. I wouldn't give any of them super.

I am being compared to the likes of Brawny and Frogger? Oh god...

I couldn't agree more that age should have absolutely nothing to do with this. Tis a very weak argument.

Frogger said:
People think older members have more free time? Hahaha, that's quite ridiculous.

*looks at age*

I need a job

I wasn't intending on saying that, but it's how it came out so I'll have to go back on what I previously said. I think age should be a consideration, but not a determining factor. (Another mod like Syntax would be fine by me, so whoever meets those standards has my backing)

Darkprinny said:
*looks at age*

I need a job
Same thoughts here.

Last edited:
Question 1: What do y'all think of me...
Question 2: When did y'all get talking about age...

Statement 1: Age isn't anything, but a number. :smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
Monsteroids said:
Question 1: What do y'all think of me...
Question 2: When did y'all get talking about age...

Statement 1: Age isn't anything, but a number. :smilewinkgrin:
Age discussion is my fault.

As for you, I don't know you too well so I can't really make a call on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back