The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

Played a bit of Counter Strike GO. I did pretty well. My guess is that with it being a relatively new game, there's a fewer amount of advanced players combared to previous games.

Last edited:
Just played the most frustrating game of TF2 on upwards to date. While on defence we were against THREE gunslinger engis and on offence it was four gunslinger engis.

I was actually playing soldier at the time, starting to get use out of my Battalions Backup (which is sweet since they changed it to damage). Needless to say a 50% damage decrease from sentries won't save you from 4 Mini Sentries all planted in different corners of the map, also the Short Circuit is a heap of **** and the attack radius needs to be decreased, you can run face first into Demomen and Soldiers (with banners) and they can do absolutely nothing to stop you. I don't class that as proper balance, although hitscan weapons will make short work of Engineers abusing it.

Played a bit of Counter Strike GO. I did pretty well. My guess is that with it being a relatively new game, there's a fewer amount of advanced players combat to previous games.

I've been playing some CS:GO as well and I'm complete garbage at it so far. Need to learn how to properly burst fire with a mouse.

Last edited:
So yeah, Multi Battles are fun once you get across the lag.

Everything I do seems to end in two Yveltal spamming Oblivion Wing on each other. :lol: Lost this one though, his Speed was ridiculously high.

I got a quadruple stun on a team of prestiged players + 1 noob. Using just Glimmer t' get the first one. LOL

Also, it makes me sad t' see high level players suck hard at Wolfpack. 'Specially since they usually know better.

Threw together my first Gen VI team on Showdown. It's not very good, but I'm still doing somewhat well with it, I guess.

Carbink and Swalot aren't very useful, but I feel like they'd be way more useful for a different team. Swalot spreads sleep and buys free turns, which is great for set up sweepers and such. Carbink...my Carbink mostly just puts up rocks and dies, sadly. I'm probably not using the poor fairy to its full potential. Toxic/Stealth Rock/Protect/Power Gem is a pretty meh moveset for it I think, especially since poison interferes with Sableye's burns and Swalot's sleep.

Kudos to Strange Journey, where choices have different outcomes. If only it didn't rely on vague questions to accomplish this.

I literally got a "No John. You are the demons." response from a guy, who immediately afterwards attacked me. Also, most of the crew is either dead, abandoned me, or sided with angels/demons. I didn't like how stating a lawful answer got me into a chaos path, so I restarted and went for lawful. Neutral seems like the traditional movei-inspired response, but meh.

But yeah, I really like the little details they added to the choices. Crew members potentially act savage or unnervingly serene while still maintaining their personality and makes the game that much better. Looks like this is the last area too.

quote mining ftw

I know they're not top tier material, but I'm trying to use them anyway. They're somewhat usable.

That said, having both of them on the same team might not be a good idea, since they both lack offense and are weak to ground. Which is why I've taken Carbink off, I'll use it on some other team.

Either the text is different in Y (as I got that quote from X), or they patched the innuendo.

This makes me sad either way. Adult humor belongs in children's games, after all.

I finally "single-handedly" won my first game of Counter Strike. It was mostly the fault of the guys trying to save the hostage that gave me time to steady my aim while I shot everything. Got that one bastard that would always snipe me too. I think the rest of my team was either dead or camping in a pointless spot.

Back