WiiChat Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.
LevesqueIsKing said:
Go play with Mark :lol:

I didn't like their community. It seemed as though they had their circle and there was no way to get past the noob stage. I like to think we don't come off that way.

You're talking about circles....? *Shuns*

No, it's not about which site is better, just an example.

Alright, I'm not going to say anything.

Yes, there site is maintained well. I especially like the news section.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Alright, I'm not going to say anything.

Yes, there site is maintained well. I especially like the news section.

We need very good maintained site, don't you agree?

I AGREE THAT WE NEED MODS.

I'd rather see CantGetAWii promoted to a news writer and told to post his articles in the latest news section [where I suppose he could moderate as well] than to see us get another mod, though.

I wish we had our reporters and writers back as well. Although I can read most of my news from other sites, it's still nice to have some here. And a lot of the articles we had here, I really enjoyed.

I'd rather see CantGetAWii promoted to a news writer and told to post his articles in the latest news section [where I suppose he could moderate as well] than to see us get another mod, though.

Like this idea a lot though.

LevesqueIsKing said:

The past news writers we had were paid and were hired as an occupation so past experience etc. needed.

The issue with Rob Rymond was a problem and i0n is short on funds I believe so I doubt another news team anytime soon.

New Mods, this week, Please?

I didn't even know we had a news team, and paying them is just idiotic in my eyes.

CantGetAWii is already doing this by choice. Just tell him to post in the Latest News Section [which is completely dead] and give him a special mushroom and there we have a news team.

LevesqueIsKing said:
I didn't even know we had a news team, and paying them is just idiotic in my eyes.

CantGetAWii is already doing this by choice. Just tell him to post in the Latest News Section [which is completely dead] and give him a special mushroom and there we have a news team.

I agree with paragraph #2.

I'm sure some talented members here would do news for free. However, this thread is for Moderation, if you have something to take up take it to general forum suggests or create a site feedback thread.

...*chills*

If the big guy is out there, please add us some staff!

See my only problem is that, while there are maybe a few people who I wouldn't mind seeing promoted, no one really jumps off the page.
Some people you just look at and know that they should be moderating. Syntax is a great example. His transition from member to mod wasn't even that much of a change because he was already so involved.
As of now, I'm just not seeing that from anyone.

However, if i0n feels we do need to make more people mods, I do have a few people in mind..

Prez said:
See my only problem is that, while there are maybe a few people who I wouldn't mind seeing promoted, no one really jumps off the page.
Some people you just look at and know that they should be moderating. Syntax is a great example. His transition from member to mod wasn't even that much of a change because he was already so involved.
As of now, I'm just not seeing that from anyone.

However, if i0n feels we do need to make more people mods, I do have a few people in mind..

We may not have someone gagging for Moddage but that is beside the point, we need Mods not we're casually gazing over and spot a great member.

i'd help out with the news if i had time, although i'm not sure if you guys view me as very talented:lol:
I would like to see wiichat print out some original material/opinions so i think cantgetawii would be a great news writer. Other than that i don't see a reason to accept new mods, the people who demand more mods the most are regular users some with the intentions of just being promoted and earning the title. My opinion is that unless the active mods believe they are getting overwhelmed with problems, wiichat does not need new mods.

Last edited:
Wii-Fi said:
i'd help out with the news if i had time, although i'm not sure if you guys view me as very talented:lol:
I would like to see wiichat print out some original material/opinions.

One note is that Cantgetawii only quotes and links, a true news reporter types it all out in his words.

I come here in neutrality.

Whilst it is important to get more mods, I can understand why you would want to be cautious of your choices. No one wants to give a bad member mod privileges but with the release of Brawl around the corner and the fact that you guys are linked from Smashboards I can only assume this place will explode further when that date comes around.

You have some good members who would make suitable mods, even if they were only temp mods until i0n shows himself yet again only to go into hiding.

I think this is a good forum and would hate to see it die, so I'm hoping you can at least find some temp mods or something.

Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back