Share Friend Codes Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Additions

Codes added:

Druidan, Zarogan, Skool, Unccmyway, Kevster, Imwiicd, Discoman, 2Tckk4u...

Anyone else that added me please PM me thx!

Mine is also on standby...duno if it could overheat but it probably won't since I added recently a usb fan to my system. Noisy, but efficient. Usually stay cool to the touch.

More than my wii overheating, I try not to have my wii on standby 24/7 because of the radiation emitted by the access point.

Yeah...tell us more about that. You mean the cancerous waves created by cellphones and such? Supposedly cancerous and damaging for the brain..? I'm not sure if a wireless router do indeed emit such radiations.

Edit*

I have read a little about the ''wii radiation'', just came back from google.. It seems that, on a few forums, people are aware of this notice coming with the wii, and are discussing about it. But from what I've read Nintendo only writes a notice in the booklet because of law issues. The signal we're talking about is, from what I've read around, even less damaging than the one of a cellphone. It's hardly even noticeable.

But well, I might also be wrong, just make your own research you'll see.

Last edited:
http://wiisystem.nintendo.com.au/health_and_safety

WARNING - Exposure to Radio Frequency Radiation

To comply with RF exposure compliance requirements, a separation distance of at least 20cm must be maintained between the Wii console and all persons. This console must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.

From official sources. Go take a look.

Would then seem to me that there is no risk toward such a radiation ;)

But I keep my attention present toward a possible overheat of my console...I plan to let it ''sleep'' the night (no standby), and let it standby the rest of the day, so it can cooldown frequently.

Last edited:
Well actually, is not radiation from the Wii, but the one emitted from the wireless router (which could cover the entire room where the Wii is, or more). The most dangerous kind of radiation is the ionizing one, in this case it's non-inonizing, but that just means it's not so dangerous. At high enough intensities it could still damage tissue through heating, like the cell phones.

I use a nintendo usb wi-fi connector, I'm not sure if the radiofrequency radiation it emitts counts as "high intensity", but even if it doesn't, think that I could be exposed to it all the time I am in my house.

Maybe its harmless or maybe it isn't, that's why I won't let it 24/7 as long as I am not sure.

EDIT: look what I found http://compnetworking.about.com/cs/wireless/f/healthhazards.htm

If they do harm, at least it's very little.

Last edited:
arcticreaver said:
will someone please send me a friend voucher? i need 1 more to get the screen shot feature.

I will.
add my code, under my avatar to the left ;) I'll add ya!

By the way, Zarogan, interesting subject. It's good to be aware of such things, but in my case, I'm not very exposed to anything :) I'm rather quite often away from my router...but ain't the case for everyone.

I also thought about something.. the Wii only receive some updates from time to time so would that make it only active kind of rarely..? Overall I'm guessing a daily standby can be bad for it, but if you only do it during the day and not the night, i guess its gona save it from some long therm usage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back