Colossal Idiot Here

KyleForMe

Don't believe his lies.
Dec 13, 2006
IL, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Wii Online Code
5710-8093-1849-3803
I just checked one of my email addresses today and realized I was the winner of the FREE WII drawing at XpBargains.com sponsored by Newegg.com. Since my chance to claim it was up in mid January, I now consider myself a colossal idiot for neglecting to check my friggin emails.
They were persistant too; they sent me 4 emails.

no offense, but your more of and idiot for believing that, but im sure your not an actually idiot.

Spiderking13 said:
no offense, but your more of and idiot for believing that, but im sure your not an actually idiot.
A lil on the harsh side, but he's kinda right, Kyle (if that's your name). ^_^

It was indeed real, the emails were from a specific Newegg.com PR manager. He included his email which I will not post for obvious reasons. Additionally Newegg.com is a very respectable company and the email address was [email protected].

Oh also my brother and cousin both also entered the contest and neither of them received any emails as I confirmed earlier this evening.

KyleForMe said:
I just checked one of my email addresses today and realized I was the winner of the FREE WII drawing at XpBargains.com sponsored by Newegg.com. Since my chance to claim it was up in mid January, I now consider myself a colossal idiot for neglecting to check my friggin emails.
They were persistant too; they sent me 4 emails.

i passed up a chance to enlarge my wee wee by ten inches....darn shoulda checked me emails!

Oh yea? A bank that I don't even belong to keeps wanting me to update my personal bank account info. My fingers are so tired of typing it in.
Send this to 10 people within 5 minutes and your wishes will come true and Bill Gates will send you $1,500. If you do not send it to 10 people you will explode!

Joshieca said:
Did you win a Wii or win a chance to buy a Wii?

Won a Wii. Also if anyone here is actually familiar with XpBargains.com, they run a very tight watch over spam on their forums. And Newegg.com makes far too much money to bother scamming a poor college student.

lansaguy said:
Oh yea? A bank that I don't even belong to keeps wanting me to update my personal bank account info. My fingers are so tired of typing it in.
Send this to 10 people within 5 minutes and your wishes will come true and Bill Gates will send you $1,500. If you do not send it to 10 people you will explode!

I welcome all the clever mocking yall can come up with. Non stop spam is the reason I missed the friggin email in the first place.

KyleForMe said:
Won a Wii. Also if anyone here is actually familiar with XpBargains.com, they run a very tight watch over spam on their forums. And Newegg.com makes far too much money to bother scamming a poor college student.

Do you have the Wii in your house right now? or what?

Yeah, it seems as if it was legit. A lot of websites were having giveaway contests... 1up, EB, etc. If they had contacted you out of the blue then it's a scam, but he entered a contest.

That sucks! Are you 18? If you aren't, then maybe they wouldn't have give you the wii anyways... and that would've been a lot worse.

Back