What are your biggest concerns about Brawl?

Sodabrkr

SMASH SMASH SMASH!!
Jul 8, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
Wii Online Code
0659-1705-5550-2398
I don't doubt it will be an awesome, awesome game...however, Melee set such a high standard for the series, and I wonder if it will meet that standard...? So what are your concerns? Anything you're worried will go missing in Brawl that was in Melee?

Here are my hopes for the game:

1) They will include the "advanced techniques"...that is, wavedashing and SHFFL'ing and L-cancelling and such and such. Yes...wavedashing was a glitch, but a glitch that they decided to keep in. Certainly, Sakurai and the rest of the developers (who have played extraordinary amounts of Melee) can't be oblivious to the competitive scene and the popularity of said advanced techniques ... hopefully...

2) Online play. This is the big one. If Brawl is online, it will be huge. It's a dream-come-true for many. I'm sure that if there was one thing we all wanted in Melee, it was for a way to play more human players, besides the same friends we played with constantly, over and over again. Online play will solve this, and will enlarge the competitive scene greatly.

Last edited:
My concern is in gameplay. Had to adjust to falling faster, but it doesnf look different, so, uhhh nvm

I've been saying this the whole time

slight lag, which is okay even in most shooters and such, will kill brawl.... If you're worried about lag on the same machine.... yeah...

1.) that i'll have trouble adjusting to using the wiimote & nunchuck

and

2.) that i'll get the **** pwnd out of me because of it.

well first of all
1) if brawl lags on online play it will completely ruin the game and disappoint many fans (including myself)
2) if all the maps wont be able to be played on online mode (like mario kart ds; some of the maps werent available for the wifi play) it will make the game seem a bit less polished
and last the biggest concern: 3) if it sucks (but i doubt it will :p)

If the online is no good. The game will still be great with a bad online, but in order to be amazing, it must have good online play. And I'll be extremely disappointed if it doesn't deliver.

Mario strikers has a bit of lag, but its still fun, lag +me= no problem (unless it cuases me to die:mad5:) stupid lag why do you exist

well my concern is the controls, well because i'll be using the g-cube controller most likely,.but its cord is so ****ing damn short, that ill be like sitting directly in front of my tv, i guess i could just get a wavebird, but you never know the other control options could be fine.

As long as Americans play Americans, and Brits play Brits, and Japanese play Japanese etc. etc. the lag will be at a minimal.

Oh and if you have shitty broadband then get off the online gaming.

well my concern is the controls, well because i'll be using the g-cube controller most likely,.but its cord is so ****ing damn short, that ill be like sitting directly in front of my tv, i guess i could just get a wavebird, but you never know the other control options could be fine.

You have many options. Get a third party controller with an extension piece, wireless, use the wiimote/nunchuk, or use the classic controller.

vagrant said:

I don't think my WiFi is great.. but it's not going to stop me from trying. Thing is.. there hasn't been a reason to NEED stellar broadband until now. So I wouldn't be surprised if most people don't have light speed internet running from their homes.

vagrant said:
As long as Americans play Americans, and Brits play Brits, and Japanese play Japanese etc. etc. the lag will be at a minimal.

You have many options. Get a third party controller with an extension piece, wireless, use the wiimote/nunchuk, or use the classic controller.

yah i know i just cant wait, many options, but actually on the smash bros site, they kinda recommend the g-cube contoller.

Sodabrkr said:
I don't doubt it will be an awesome, awesome game...however, Melee set such a high standard for the series, and I wonder if it will meet that standard...? So what are your concerns? Anything you're worried will go missing in Brawl that was in Melee?

Here are my hopes for the game:

1) They will include the "advanced techniques"...that is, wavedashing and SHFFL'ing and L-cancelling and such and such. Yes...wavedashing was a glitch, but a glitch that they decided to keep in. Certainly, Sakurai and the rest of the developers (who have played extraordinary amounts of Melee) can't be oblivious to the competitive scene and the popularity of said advanced techniques ... hopefully...

2) Online play. This is the big one. If Brawl is online, it will be huge. It's a dream-come-true for many. I'm sure that if there was one thing we all wanted in Melee, it was for a way to play more human players, besides the same friends we played with constantly, over and over again. Online play will solve this, and will enlarge the competitive scene greatly.
brawl has already been confirmed as a wi-fi title.

but i dont worry too much about brawl cause nintendo knows how important this game is and know that they cant screw this up. plus, with sakurai and miyamoto workin on it..............no worries

I agree. But I just hope they don't oversimplify the game mechanics and what-not just for the sake of making it "accessible to everyone", and thus remove depth from the game...though then again, I like to think that they're smarter than that. :)

im just concern the online n marth cause that my boi

Back