Revolution or Gimmick

CashMoneyGifford said:
Do you have people over to play video games or are you more of a solitary gamer?

I love the wii, but it's a party system (as with pretty much any nintendo system). If you don't play video games in big groups the wii is going to lose some appeal.

Again, I love the wii and I'm glad its the only new console I own (I want to get a 360 too). But there have been threads with basement-dwellers saying they got bored with the wii too fast because they played 200 hours since they got it by themselves. The Wii is an amazing system that brings new gameplay and even new types of games, but it's designed for more than one person to play.

I'd say test out a wii or 360 over a friend's house and see which you like better. whatever you do, dont buy a ps3 ;)

I play alone and with friends.. fine with me.

iWii said:
the motion sensing in the wii isnt so real, the moves are already pre-determined, meaning, in Zelda if you swing the sword in any way he'll do something different

They've had no time to tweak with it yet. And Zelda wasnt made for Wii, therefore its controls arent based around it. Learn ur facts.

Last edited:
The Wii is easily going to be the best party system ever, no doubt.

But, even for normal singleplayer play (or multiplayer online), I'm confident to say it's going to be great as well. LoZ:Twilight Princess is either the best launch game of all-time, or 2nd best, behind Mario 64 (tough call), but it is the best singleplayer game to come out in years - better than any singleplayer game of the last generation, I'd say.

Also, above, some people have commented on how realistic the controls feel.. all I have to say is that Wii Sports, for being a free game, as well as a game in the first wave of games to come out for Wii, the controls for it just show how much can be done with Wii... it's amazing... and you'll be in awe the first time you play Wii too.

360 also offers older games like street fighter, dig dug, galaga, and new games
a lot of games coming out are just improving on the previous one but its not a bad thing
360 is also for all your solo and friend gaming (not wife though xD)
360 is 300, all though you need harddrive for arcade games which is the 400 version which comes with lots o extras
just another option...since the wii is party-orientated

Back