Plans for aquisition

acer589

WiiChat Member
Oct 12, 2006
O.K., after totally butchering the word acquisition, I was curious. How do you all plan to go about getting you Wii(s). Right now I see about three primary means.

a) Like a newb, your could preorder
b) Like a hardcore, and I mean HARDCOR gamer you could camp out the night befor at a Best Buy.
c) Like a lazy person, you could go in the next day and pray some are still there.

I'm going with b.

I'll be going to Wal-Mart 6 hours before midnight and waiting in line/creating the line.

Can't really camp out at Wal-Mart, since it's open 24/7. But 6 hours should be sufficient, espicially since there will be 2 million Wiis in America..

acer589 said:
O.K., after totally butchering the word acquisition, I was curious. How do you all plan to go about getting you Wii(s). Right now I see about three primary means.

a) Like a newb, your could preorder
b) Like a hardcore, and I mean HARDCOR gamer you could camp out the night befor at a Best Buy.
c) Like a lazy person, you could go in the next day and pray some are still there.

I'm going with b.
I think someone didn't get a preorder cause they arent HARDCORE enough so their saying preordering is for newb. If you were hardcore, you would wait out in the cold to get a preorder THEN wait outside on launch night. If you were hardcore you wouldnt take the chance because you knew you would HAVE to get it.

Sovieto said:
I think someone didn't get a preorder cause they arent HARDCORE enough so their saying preordering is for newb. If you were hardcore, you would wait out in the cold to get a preorder THEN wait outside on launch night. If you were hardcore you wouldnt take the chance because you knew you would HAVE to get it.

Nice one Sovieto!:thumbsup: And A for me.:cornut:

Yeah...

My area is sort of devoid of any video game stores that I would ever trust to effeciently handle a mass-preorder situation. Especially after the 360.

One... You're a moron for putting those as the options. It offends me. I'd hardly think that being laid back enough to not pre-order it, and risk not getting one, would be newb-ish. Pre-ordering would be for the hardcore gamers, since they don't wanna risk not getting their hands on their system. >.> You, sir, have a VERY strange way of thinking...
...And if you haven't guessed, it's A for me. Representin' the "newbs!" xD

Edit:

Oh, and about this...

acer589 said:
My area is sort of devoid of any video game stores that I would ever trust to effeciently handle a mass-preorder situation. Especially after the 360.

That is, in NO way, the video game retailer's fault. All the blame belongs to Microsoft, for being retards and not supplying as many 360's as they allowed, pre-orders. Nintendo is to be trusted with this. Pre-ordering it is a gurantee that you get a Wii. But it's too late for you. Sorry, but. ;D

Last edited:
Well i pre ordered ages july i think and ill just mosy on in on opening day a to toys r us a pick it then smile and open that tickle me elmo cause i cant resist it it laughs hehe he i mean yes :shifty:

Kumoriken said:
That is, in NO way, the video game retailer's fault. All the blame belongs to Microsoft, for being retards and not supplying as many 360's as they allowed, pre-orders. Nintendo is to be trusted with this. Pre-ordering it is a gurantee that you get a Wii. But it's too late for you. Sorry, but. ;D

no, gamestop took way to many preorders, then left people w/o a 360

im'a go to walmart around 11:00..., i missed the preorder

pizzaluvr said:
no, gamestop took way to many preorders, then left people w/o a 360

im'a go to walmart around 11:00..., i missed the preorder
It wasn't only for Gamestop. Microsoft was supposed to specify the ammount of pre-orders, and they didn't, resulting in not enough systems.

im soo lazy im gona go for "A" but i think it is the worst option because you don't known when it's coming!!! Im getting mine deliverd on a school day so they might deliver it in the day and i will miss it! DAM YOU ROYAL MAIL!

Last edited:
Napalmbrain said:
I preordered. Which to Acer589 means I'm a "noob", but at least I'll get one. :D
Indeed. *Nod nod* Just like Sovieto said...
Sovieto said:
I think someone didn't get a preorder cause they arent HARDCORE enough so their saying preordering is for newb. If you were hardcore you wouldnt take the chance because you knew you would HAVE to get it.
^.^

I preordered early on, but im now pretty sure i'll be able to walk into the store on launch day and pick one off the shelf.

Back