Wii Slot Light On while Console "On"

Dec 4, 2006
Northern Ireland - Co. Down
Wii Online Code
8263-8201-5467-9061
P1010319-2.jpg

Hi! Found this image from a Nintendo exhibition. Maybe the plan was to keep the blue light on?

Anyone else see this?

(Please no comments on - "Its only a light")

Send your wii a new email and never open it. The blue light represents new updates/emails in your inbox. Theres more info on this in the forum if you search.

but when i turn my wii on with a unread message it disappers, even if i never read it....

Exactly England123, all the threads on here state that if you leave a message unopened that the light stays on..............it doesn't. If I leave my Wii in Stanbdby (orange) - email it - get the pulsing blue light - turn the Wii on and the light goes off and stays off............ even without going to the messageboard.

my blue light dont even pulsate even when i have a message :S

I'd really love it to stay on 24.7 during idle/messaging and pulsate, or be solid blue on during gameplay at least. That'd be cool. Mine glows when...it wants I guess lol

ye its pretty cool
only had it once when my m8 sent me a new email and it was on standby.
it pulses too, looks great !

i will never buy that sh**
I bet u that the wii's led lights r short lived enough thats why nintendo never made some crap like that.

• Pointless
    Energy Wasting
    Your light wont last a year!!!
    I hope u can replace them
    OMG YOUVE GOT A LED LIGHT...YOUR PIMPING :tard: :rolleyes:
    Distraction while gaming
    HOW CAN YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT THE WII OVERHEATING THEN GOING 2 BUY A CHIP????
    Makes your led lights look broken
    If your answer to the above statement is : u can turn it off u know!....THEN WOTS THE POINT OF BUYING IT
    Your not really gaining anything out of a pulsing light
    I swear it will interfere with the sensor bar anyways
    Yea instead of playing the game im gona watch the light.....now how about that for some entertainment :zzz:

This chip would only be good if it actually STAYED ON during gameplay only...and no unnessecary blinking would be nice !

As for what you decide, up to u but ill rather keepmy default wii led lights, its better then them blowing up a year later :shifty:

Last edited:
Back