Noticing Artifcats. Help needed.

I called Nintedno last night and informed them of my problem. I explained it in detail as much as I could, mentioning what I believed the cause was and what others in the forums have said. The guy I was speaking with was very nice and really helpful. I was so impressed. Best customer service I've ever dealt with. As soon as he had an understanding of the issue and made sure he was clear, he sent me an email with a repair order number and told me I could send in my wii for repairs if I choose. So I'm very pleased about that, but not about the fact that my wii's gpu has already started crappin out. I noticed that after turning off wiiconnect that my wii is now cool all the time, even while playing games, and that the artifacts are less noticable than before. However, they are still apparent in the fog in zelda and the sky, as well as some spots in Blur.
I should also be able to have wiiconnect on all the time with no problem because it was designed for that. And even the nintendo rep said so.

So my suggestion for anyone with this problem, call nintendo, let them know, get a repair order or ask for a new console to trade for yours and there ya go. I also registered my wii to get the extended warranty.
Once you get the repair number, if you choose to repair yours, you have 3 months to decide whether to send it in or not.

Artifacts / Polygon tearing are a danger sign on a PC that you're overclocking your graphics card too hard, and therefore the card is running too hot! I'd suggest this is the same on the Wii (the overheating bit, not the overclocking bit), and therefore, before rushing off to Nintendo to get a repair order raised - try moving the Wii around to a cooler place - you could even try pointing a desk fan at the ventilation slots in the Wii just to see if this fixes it.

If this does fix it, I'd suggest that the problem is environmental and not a faulty Wii, and there's little point in sending it back to Nintendo.

i started noticing this about 2 months ago. Happens in games and on the Wii menu. Thought it was the TV, but I tried diff cables, 2 TV's and a projector, all the same results. Its not environmental issues at all, I have it in the basement, cemented floor, where its friggin cold down there and this still happens.

f06be6a8.jpg

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-hardware/14992-video-noise-screen.html

It got a little worse over time and finally decided to take it to Nintendo. Requested a repair order online and they sent me a UPS packaging slip with pre-paid shipping. Very easy process. I sent it last Wed, and nintendo just got my package. Should get it back in another week. Expect to be wii-less for at least 2 weeks. I say don't wait until it gets worse, let Nintendo take care of it now while still under warranty. They have good customer service anyways

Last edited:
Artifacts on Screen

I have been noticing some artifacts on my screen lately. I was running excite truck, and I can barely see the screen when fog appears on the screen. The fog turns black, and you cannot see anything. I tested with Zelda also in the caves, and I had the same effect, and I tested with Wii Sports, and i get tonnes of artifacts in the sky in baseball. I have also noticed atrifacts on the Mii channels.

I have unplugged the Wii for the night, I am going to try to re-locate it it tomorrow and see if the problem gets better. I really do not want to send it in and lose it for 2 weeks. We play it daily, and it would be really missed.

I am also going to try turning off Wii Connect 24. Will update you all.

It is definately not my TV, my power supply just died in it, and I had the tv serviced, and I see no artifacts on DVD, Xbox, PC. Just the Wii.

Ciao
Wiichatwally

Back