GAME(UK) and other stores playing their cards right

Wii_BrEnDo2007

Gran Turismo
Jan 3, 2007
Ecosse
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
i just checked the game website.THEY DO HAVE WIIS! but only in a package worth £380
thats waht all the companeis will be doing soon as soon as they get wiis for their website they will sell them in large packages.Nice way to make buissness but bad for people who just want a wii.

chances are thats not whats happening. the packages come pre-made, the shop doesnt just choose to put together a package. they wouldnt be able to sell those Wii's seperate, even if they wanted to.
Think of it like bags of crisps. lol.

ClawiLewak said:
chances are thats not whats happening. the packages come pre-made, the shop doesnt just choose to put together a package. they wouldnt be able to sell those Wii's seperate, even if they wanted to.
Think of it like bags of crisps. lol.

crisps??? is that english for chips? if it is i see wat u mean, u cant open the bag and put them in smaller bags because some people dont want to buy family size.

Game is a rip is some view. i no this is the wii topic but i went looking around on friday for a ds lite hopefully with a good game the cheapest i would buy, When online lookin at 1st but i wanted to buy and play asap,

virgin £90 just for ds but not in stores.
hmv £114.99 ds lite anbd any game for £15 or mayby it was £5.
Gamestation £109.99 ds lite and choice of super mario or pokemon
Game £120 (sumit like that) for ds lite and crappy game choice

So i though i get the Gamestation 1 seems good deal. But before i went to Game to try make a deal, Coz i would rather Get Points on my card from game ( i dont like Gamestation much) They said No chance< Smerkin at me thinkin i cant afford 1 and ****,. I went straight to gamestation and bought ds lite and new supr mario for 109.99 Deal in a half there then went back in game to buy another game with my ds and mario in the gamestation bag, There words were "got ya Ds then" i was like "yes with a Game for like onli 109.99 Cheaper than here with beta game choices.

No i understand why it is better to look around before purchasing it,
I was reali lookin 4ward to gettin more points on my Card :(:(

Gamestation is the better deal. Even Amazon are doing it for 109.99 I was going to buy from there if i cudnt find beta or same.

Now thats what i call business.
Game are clever, veeerry clever.
But your more likely to find the £179.99 package in store.
And less likely to find the 329.99 in store aswell

I had no problem getting a Wii, as soon as I got my week's paycheck I decided to buy one, signed up to a website that emails you as soon as stock is available in any of about 10 online stores. I waited online for the day and by 3pm I got an email saying amazon had stock, ordered (express delivery) arrived next morning.

I bought mine from game for £335 with 4 games. I toke all 4 games back and got a full refund on them :)

(They have to be sealed.)

If any GAME branch trys to force a bundle on you regarding wii, you do not have to take it. They get their wiis in as solus machines not as prepackaged bundles. If they deny this demand that they show you the box. If they bring it out with the said games sepately they are just trying to force you to buy it that way and you are within your rights to demand that you buy it on its own.
Sharky
xxx

If they force you to buy it just
buy it then get back into the line and return the games, they cant stop you

Er..

A shop is not bound to sell you anything. They are making an invitation to treat, and the invitation can be withdrawn at any time. It is the buyer who makes the offer to buy.

This means that if they decide to sell a Wii bundled with a few games it's entirely the buyers choice to buy it or not. The shop has no obligation what so ever to sell you a Wii on it's own.

Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invitation_to_treat for more info..

Regards

a shame on those who only want a wii except its gd business 4 nintendo it was just luck wiv me gettin a wii i got the last one out of the GAME shop where i come from:D

Styggy said:
A shop is not bound to sell you anything. They are making an invitation to treat, and the invitation can be withdrawn at any time. It is the buyer who makes the offer to buy.

This means that if they decide to sell a Wii bundled with a few games it's entirely the buyers choice to buy it or not. The shop has no obligation what so ever to sell you a Wii on it's own.

Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invitation_to_treat for more info..

Regards

Spot on, demanding to buy just the wii from a bundle is simillar to demanding to buy just the cheese from a chesseburger.

Back