2nd Wiimote?

Chewsh

WiiChat Member
Jan 14, 2007
Wii Online Code
2668-0574-5443-2095
Anyone have an idea on how to activate my 2nd Wiimote?

I tried for 20 seconds then gave up to ask someone on the boards...:D

Press the 'Home' button and click remote setting at the bottom of the screen, then click 'Re-connect' and follow the instructions.
(it asks u to hold buttons '1'+'2' on each remote in player order)

You can try pressing 1 and 2 at the same time on the second wiimote when the wii's turned on or do the same procedure but on the official player selection screen, which can be accessed in any multiplayer game (e.g wii sports or wii play). When selecting how many players to be playing, select "More" in the bottom right corner and follow the instructions there.

No no no...if the Wiimote is new, then here's what you really have to do: open the Wiimote(where the batteries are) and also open a little compartment in the front of the Wii, when they are bth open, click on the red buttons, one on the Wiimote and one inside the compartment in the front of the Wii, this way you'll synchronize and activate your Wiimote with the Wii, you'll notice it when the light in the Wiimote is in the second place

k, I tried the 3rd option, while my Wii was off -- nothing.

I tried it with my Wii on. It disabled my working wiimote (the 1st one). So now I have 2 un-workingfull wiimotes.

I need guidance... guidance from above... ... or from you guys:thumbsup:

dude why don't you read mine? I am telling you exactly what to do to activate it...now what you need to do is to press 1 and 2 simultaneously for your Wiimote one to turn on..and please follow my instructions in the post above for your Wiimote 2 to be activated, I know what I'm talking about here

Chewsh said:
k, I tried the 3rd option, while my Wii was off -- nothing.

3rd option = what you wrote...:wtf:

I'll go try the 1+2 crap.

wait...you need to have the Wii on and don't do anything with the 1 and 2 buttons, just press the red buttons, first one and then the other until it is activated

he's right, you cant try this when the wii is off, it obviously cant transmit/recieve the signals...

switch it on, take the back off the remote, and open the little SD slot flap, press the red button the on console, and the one on the remote, you will see some blinking lights the it should connect..

Kryptenx said:
Or, if you can't follow Axtlar's instructions, pick up your manual.

... Which should have been your first option... RTFM!! :smilewinkgrin:

Axtlar has the right instructions (if you still haven't gotten your Wiimotes working).

Simply, turn on the Wii, then press the "sync" button on the Wii and Wiimote. Takes a couple seconds, then registers the Wiimote. I just got my second Wiimote yesterday, and just put batteries in and hit the sync buttons and boom, my 2nd mote works.

Good luck with yours.

Axtlar said:
No no no...if the Wiimote is new, then here's what you really have to do: open the Wiimote(where the batteries are) and also open a little compartment in the front of the Wii, when they are bth open, click on the red buttons, one on the Wiimote and one inside the compartment in the front of the Wii, this way you'll synchronize and activate your Wiimote with the Wii, you'll notice it when the light in the Wiimote is in the second place

yeah do wut he says its rite

Back