Top 21 Stupid Sony Quotes

I think the Sony exec's think "Ridge Racer" is a magical phrase that will make all the hard questions vanish? :p

:lol:
There's some right corkers there. I particularly liked their opinion of the DS.

“The idea of a handheld rivalry with Nintendo is an irrelevance. Those formats don't appear in our planning. It's not a fair comparison; not fair on them, I should stress. That sounds arrogant, maybe, but it's the truth. With theDS , it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen. But I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." [comparing the DS and the PSP]
Phil Harrison, president of Sony Worldwide Studios in an interview with MCV

So the DS is a gimmick? Very well then, but it's a gimmick that's selling more than you.

21) “The idea of a handheld rivalry with Nintendo is an irrelevance. Those formats don't appear in our planning. It's not a fair comparison; not fair on them, I should stress. That sounds arrogant, maybe, but it's the truth. With theDS , it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen. But I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." [comparing the DS and the PSP]

Sweet Jesus! If anything it's the complete opposite. Graphics get outdated and lose their "long-lasting appeal" whereas the DS control mechanism is not subject to the perils of the 18 month computer technology cycle. I don't see many people still playing their Atari Lynx and going on about the sw33t gr4ph1x.

In conclusion, FU Phil Harrison, president of Sony Worldwide Studios. You've shown how much of a try-hard spinster manager you are and how much of a gamer you aren't.

My favorites:

"It's RIIIIIDDDDDGGEEE RAAAACCCCERRR!!!"
"A giant enemy crab, and you hit it's weakpoint for MASSIVE damage!"

God Sony @ E3 was awful.

I wish I had as much money as them to forgot there are more people on the planet who don't have $600 for the PS3.

I looked around at ps3chat.com, and found this amusing quote from one of the members:

"the PS3 is probobly the greatest thing in life.(until the PS4 comes out)"

I feel sorry for that person. Not only are they playing the wrong console, they have nothing better in their whole life.

i love how it only has "a bit pricey" from the quote, whereas the rest of it proves a point making the wii really a bit pricey

BlackKnight5 said:
I looked around at ps3chat.com, and found this amusing quote from one of the members:

"the PS3 is probobly the greatest thing in life.(until the PS4 comes out)"

Awwww, thats really sad and I feel sorry for that guy but I suppose it is what happens after a severe brainwashing by sony. :prrr:

Back