Nintendo Reveals Wii U Worldwide Launch Dates

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
maura-albums-news-3-picture10388-wii-u-deluxe.JPG

Nintendo has today held special simultaneous events in Europe and the US to finally give us all the details on the Wii U. The console will be released on November 18 in the US, and November 30 in Europe. Just as in Japan, in the US and across Europe, the console will be offered in two configurations, with the Basic Set being white-only with an SRP of $299.99, and the Deluxe Set, which is black only, and also comes with Nintendo Land, costing $349.99. As far as prices in Europe are concerned, Nintendo says that retailers will set their own prices by law, so you should check with the individual retailer.

Nintendo also took the opportunity to unveil Nintendo TVii, which will enable Wii U owners in the US and Canada to find, watch and engage with their favourite video entertainment in fun new ways, using the GamePad controller. Using Nintendo TVii, viewers will be able to watch video content from a variety of sources, including live TV, TiVo DVR, and video-on-demand services such as Netflix.

Nintendo also confirmed some of the most highly anticipated launch games, including Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros.™ U, LEGO City: Undercover, BAYONETTA 2, The Wonderful 101™, Capcom’s Monster Hunter™ 3 Ultimate and Activision’s Call of Duty: Black Ops II.

“The wait is almost over — in just 66 days, Wii U will arrive with the strongest lineup of launch software in Nintendo history,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “With the integrated second screen of the included GamePad and features that instantly enhance the way people play games, watch video and interact with each other, consumers will see how Wii U delivers a completely unique experience and a remarkable value right out of the box. The new system also creates extraordinary new possibilities for game developers, bound only by the limits of their imaginations.”

“The integrated second screen of the GamePad creates new possibilities for how games can be played, and further reflects the innovation Nintendo has poured into the Wii U,” said Eric Hirshberg, Activision Publishing’s CEO. “We’re excited for our fans to experience the biggest franchises, like Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Skylanders Giants and Transformers Prime, in new ways made possible on Wii U.”

Source: Nintendo

Last edited:
$300, excellent. Ninty hasn't let us down in the pricing department, and I was wrong t' at all doubt 'em in the first place. I can certainly afford to not wait for a price drop, but after hearin' of the overheating issues 'n such, I still won't get one right away. Once we get some status reports on the Wii U's defects; if any remain for the finished product; I'll drop the cash if things look good.

Nintendo also confirmed some of the most highly anticipated launch games, including... BAYONETTA 2

waitwut? When the hell did Ninty partner up with Platinum to reopen the development of Bayonetta 2? That certainly slipped by unnoticed. :lol: Looks like Bayonetta 1 just jumped up my priority list a bit. It's kinda strange t' see two high profile M-Rated games are gonna be Nintendo launch titles, one of which bein' an exclusive. Perhaps even a third if AC:III shows up on time for launch. Strange sure as **** can be a good thing, 'course. :D

WiiAssasin said:
Capcom’s Monster Hunter™ 3 Ultimate

Yes!

Maybe it's 'bout time I give a damn over the series 'n give it a shot.

Be aware that it's an addicting series. I somehow managed to get 1500 hours on it in the 1 and a half years I played it. Far more than any other game.

I've logged that many on RDR in less time, so if I end up lovin' the game I'll probably do somethin' similar... Not like I have a life t' lose in the first place anyways. :lol:

Its still a better deal to spend 349$ for a Wii u than earlier 400$ for a ps3

And i know Nintendo will lower their prices down, i wont get horny and buy the console at once because i need to know the consoles defects too, just like some defects the wii 2006 version had.

but i am so looking forward to get my hands on NSMBU and the new upcoming game SSBU :tongue2:

I've logged that many on RDR in less time, so if I end up lovin' the game I'll probably do somethin' similar... Not like I have a life t' lose in the first place anyways. :lol:

Well, that was just my first profile. I went through 3 others after that.

1e4675c9.gif

Never thought I'd know someone who put more hours into a single game than I so quickly... Impressive indeed.

Well I just ordered 2 Deluxes and TWo Whites!!!!! but I had to get my wife and sis to get one and my bro because the have a "One" person limit on them. =D

Never thought I'd know someone who put more hours into a single game than I so quickly... Impressive indeed.

"Prince-Luigi" was the first ever player in the world to reach level 56 in Wii Goldeneye. He got the game the day it was first released and immediately set a goal of being "first to 56 no matter what." He played the game incessantly, sometimes not turning his Wii off for days at a time. This was usually due to having a sleep deprivation disorder (yes, really, he's admitted this - look it up). I believe he got there legitimately in about 11 days of actual game-play in under a month, which when you consider the amount of host quits and poor sports there were even back then, is pretty astounding. Sure, there are plenty of players that have legitimately gotten to level 56 faster than that, myself included. But I don't know ANYONE who could squeeze in 11 days of play into such a short time period. That's over 264 hrs of Goldeneye grinding in a single month! If you worked a full time job 8 hours a day,7 days a week, for 4 weeks... you would only have 224 hrs, 40 hrs less than he played! That isn't just insane. It's unhealthy! I'm surprised his Wii didn't blow up / overheat in the process. Again, he never claimed to be the best, but he was the first!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997757-goldeneye-007/57354230

It will be interesting to see who the first "world record grinder" will be in COD Black Ops II for Wii U, or whatever other FPS comes out...

Last edited:
264 hours? That's it? :lol: Obsession isn't impressive, dedication is.

That, and I don't know this Prince-Weegee.

Pricing is better than I expected. There is hope that I can afford one at some point when I feel comfortable that it is basically bug free.
:thumbsup:

I PREORDERED the dexluxe set on the first day lol
Thank god I did because GameStop apparently sold out already O___O!?

But HOLY **** MH3U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****YEAH! xD That's awesome I can't wait for that game hell bye bye Mhp3rd and **** you mhTriG. lol
Anyway I'm just excited for MH3U.............;DDDD THANK YOU CAPCOM!!!!! T_T_T_T_T__T_T__T_T_T__T_T_T_T :tongue:

Back