Father sells son's guitar hero 3, for $9,100!!

zapasant

Where is your god now?
Aug 13, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2887-9874-6238-6951
i heard about this on the radio a couple dyas ago, and i just ran into an article about it, here you go

A 15 year old Canadian lad was caught smoking Pot in the families backyard by his father. To teach his son a lesson the father decided to sale his “hard-to-find” Christmas gift, Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, on eBay. The game retails for somewhere around $90… to the amazement of pretty much everyone… the game sold for $9,100 on eBay.

Even though he was trying to get a message across to his son… he can’t argue with making $9,000 profit. But, everyone don’t worry - the kids Christmas won’t be ruined by his “experimenting” ways… the father has stated the following.

"I am still considering getting him a game for his Nintendo. Maybe something like Barbie as the Island Princess or Dancing With the Stars. These games are in stock everywhere I go, and I know he will just love them."

This whole situation is quite comical… but if you want to read the whole ordeal head over to eBay .

if you guys are interested in seeing the description of his sale go here

http://cgi.ebay.com/Guitar-Hero-III...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

NOTE: im NOT advertizing

here is the source of the article

http://www.wiispin.com/2007/12/17/dad-sells-sons-guitar-hero-iii-for-9100/

thoughts on this

i found it quite funny

Still funny as hell, I think that would take the sons anger away from his dad if he even got $300, buy the game 2-3 times over...

What he meant
The guy who won the bid just bidded about 15 times all at once from like $200 to the $9100 it came too

within 5 min there's 12 sequential bids from one person, a bid from a brand new account with the username g**g, then two more sequential bids.

Did the man set it up himself to get 15 minutes of fame? I can understand if the media didn't mention the bidding history in hopes of a good story but no one would really... I got mine $90 a Gamestop 5 days ago, lol.

FLYNNN said:
Did the man set it up himself to get 15 minutes of fame? I can understand if the media didn't mention the bidding history in hopes of a good story but no one would really... I got mine $90 a Gamestop 5 days ago, lol.
I can't really tell why they'd pay 9000 bucks! I wouldn't pay over 110!

Yeah, no one in their right mind would pay $9100. NO game is worth 9k. But, funny none the less

haha, little **** deserved it. if your gonna smoke weed dont do it when daddys around. but still, 9100 dollars is a fair trade for catching your son smoking weed. money solves all problems. lol

Too funny. But why did that guy bid so much if it was only him bidding by himself?

Back