Backup Virtual Console ROMS!!!!! READ MEE

uk_louis_1986

WiiChat Member
Jun 2, 2006
United Kingdom
SNES_snes.jpg
Hey people i heared a while ago that nintendo were locking Virtual Console games to the console and that they were to be downloaded and saved onto an sd card, so i would like to know if it would be possible copy the ROMS from the sd card to my pc and put them on cd when i run out of space and will the wii read the ROMS on that cd?? :eek:

If this would be possible it would mean big savings for people that like retro!!!:D

PS THESE ROMS WOULD ONLY BE FOR MY WII!!!!!!!!!!!:prrr:

*I KNOW THIS IS ABIT OF A NOOB THING TO ASK LOL*:thumbsup:

WOOO IM GETTING A WII:devil:

MetroidZ said:
you can delete VC games then download them again FREE.

That is, if you don't reformat your Wii.

I think I seen it from a video of some sort.

Trulen said:
That is, if you don't reformat your Wii.

I think I seen it from a video of some sort.
Really? All I know is that Nintendo said you can re-download them, and I think thats the case no matter what, each Wii has got a specific code.

Exactly, backing them up is for your own benefit. You will not be able to transfer them to another Wii.

M.

That would stink if your Wii console stopped working for whatever reason after purchasing several VC games. Surely they will have some kind of system for people that may end up in this situation.

I have read no hard evidence that the downloads are tied to your Wii, but that would make sense as otherwise you could log on to a friend's Wii and download the games.

Can anyone find anything solid, or shall we make with the waving of arms and tossing of sticks while whooping like monkeys? ;)

DavidBeoulve said:
Can anyone find anything solid, or shall we make with the waving of arms and tossing of sticks while whooping like monkeys?

My vote is for the arm waving, stick tossing, and monkey whooping. These will probably be the only means of communication for at least the next week or so.

VC games are tied to your Wii. Otherwise Nintendo would be fools for letting you save to an SD card. You can re-download the game as many times as you want so long as you don't whipe your transaction history.
I believe as long as you tie your Wii to a My Nintendo Account, you'll be set forever.

kcchiefsguru said:
That would stink if your Wii console stopped working for whatever reason after purchasing several VC games. Surely they will have some kind of system for people that may end up in this situation.

Nintendo have said that if your wii goes faulty and has important data like VC games (i.e. they cant supply you a new one with htis data on it) They will sort out repairs for it.

Has anyone tried transferring a VC game to another Wii. I currently do not have an SD card and was wondering the same thing.

Back