Rechargable batteries..

Digitalldj

G'd up from the feet up
Jan 9, 2007
Wii Online Code
4877-3781-9603-3455
what are the feelings on rechargables in the wiimotes? i thought i heard they only recomend lithium? most of the rechargables i saw at the stores are the Ni..any suggestions?

There are alot of threads about recharge batteries already. First off i dont think you can get lithium rechargeable AA. 2nd Ni are fine and they wont damage your wii mote.

No Smoking said:
There are alot of threads about recharge batteries already. First off i dont think you can get lithium rechargeable AA. 2nd Ni are fine and they wont damage your wii mote.

spank you

i use extra heavy duty's even though they say not to... what?,,,, stop looking at me like that :shocked: ....... ok ok i'm a cheap bastard but meh untill the charging dock comes out i aint spendin $2 on 4 batteries or $70 on a charger and $40 for 8 batteries.... yes i'm stingey

christicehurst said:
Buy eight batteries. Use four of them during the day and recharge the other four and change them over each day. Simple.
thats not a good thing to do, always drain battries before you recharge them, otherwise you shortern there lifespan dramaticly.

They say use only Alkaline batteries because of the voltage output (1.5V) whereas rechargables only put out 1.2V which could result in irregular or incorrect Wiimote behavior. It's bollocks though, because if you're only supposed to use non-rechargables, you'll be buying batteries every freaking week!

They say you'll get 20 hours of use out of a pair of AAs, but when you think about it really is not that much time, given you play for let's just say 3-4 hours a day, you'll have used up your batteries in about a week.

I can't help but wonder why Nintendo didn't consider the battery dilemma we'd all face... Why couldn't they do something like what they did with the DS, where it has it's own proprietry battery design built for the intents and purposes of the device, not to mention being RECHARGABLE. The DS also had docking stations available. I sure hope the Wii follows suite.

I use rechargeable batteries and they work fine. As for getting a wiimote with a docking station to charge it...Nintendo needs to jump on that!!!

As i pit the link for above. The one for the UK by JoyTEch should be out by Feb 16th so not long too wait....

i know they are making a rechargable wiimote which i see no point in.

Well, i got one of those Wiimote gloves that are made of rubber and let me say that they are a pain to pull off the controller. So when I have to change the batteries, ive got to carefully take off the glove without ripping it. So a rechargeable wiimote which recharges the batteries from the nunchuck hole would be perfect for me.

Back